Author Topic: Generic Female Stormtroopers? Anti-EU Fans Have New Figure to Hate!  (Read 19126 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
I think this is a legit figure.

It's from the new scenes that Lucas is adding to A New Hope for the Blu-Ray release.

When Luke and Leia are trying to escape the Death Star - in that scene where they're trying to get across the chasm, the ghost of Padme is going to appear disguised as a Stormtrooper and help Leia shoot the Stormtroopers on the next level up. After the Stormtroopers are dispatched, Luke and Leia are going to be digitally altered to say "Thanks Mom!" and then swing across the chasm. Unfortunately, Leia's line of "Good Luck" has been removed.

Later on Padme reappears in the same disguise and meets up with Obi-Wan who is about to disable the tractor beam. They exchange pleasantries and then Padme gives Obi-Wan a kick in the balls for stowing away on her ship when she went to Mustafar.

::)

I can't wait to add Ghost Padme in Stormtrooper Disguise to my collection!!!!

I hear it's for the upcoming 3-D release.  ;D

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
what other female stormtroopers were there?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Why couldn't Hasbro make this?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:41 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
that seller is now sold out of the female stormtrooper figure.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
The Battle of Endor proved that the lack of midsection armor, though a morale boost for male troops, was a shortcoming in defense against Ewok spears. This is why, in the Legacy comics, female troopers were required to have full coverage. New rules, etc.

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
the seller has now relisted more of the female stormtrooper!!

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Why couldn't Hasbro make this?

You mean white-trash female Stormtrooper figs?
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile

You think those girls are white trash?   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
I'm hoping for Hasbro to pack that female stormie with at least two overweight fanboys to leer at her from behind, otherwise she'll just look ridiculous.
I am not the Stig

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile

I thought much the same thing when I saw the pic, I have to admit.  Tattoos and piercings at the navel, thin unhealthy-looking hair, plus the fact that these are girls actively making and/or wearing costumes at conventions, that have been altered and "sexified"...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
A female stormie is  only a possibility in a galaxy of fiction. I don´t think people should hate that idea, you´re free to collect the generic female stormie or not, even if the stormie lady is packed with a build a droid part, because Hasbro repacks droid parts and figures over and over.

The challenge with the female stormie is to depict the armor "female", probably thiner arms and legs, to avoid kitbashes with a torso variation. Other detail to wonder about: All empire chick stormies wear headgear or they prefer to exhibit their hairdresses?

As we have seen with male stormies, they are depicted with headgear or not beneath their helmets. :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:55 PM by EpicGon »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs

I thought much the same thing when I saw the pic, I have to admit.  Tattoos and piercings at the navel, thin unhealthy-looking hair, plus the fact that these are girls actively making and/or wearing costumes at conventions, that have been altered and "sexified"...

I have to admit my Whitey sirens went off when I saw those pics too.

I bought a few of these to make a squad. Without any mods the Dena/Juno heads fit perfectly on this body as well as several others. No drilling needed. I was eying up some of the regular EE version on evilBay but the cheapest I could find her was $13. This custom was a great way to stock up on her cheap. I will know have a squad of 6 Female Troopers....to sit on my shelf and collect dust as a novelty.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile

Um, okay.  So having tats and piercings makes you white trash now?   ???  Did you think maybe their hair looks flat because they're wearing helmets?  And there are tons of guys wearing costumes at conventions - are they all white trash guys?  Not really following that logic.  As for making the outfits a little sexier are you referring to the armored boobies or open mid-sections?  I have to think that armor would be a little uncomfortable without the chest enhancements, but the intent of the costume is to be feminine and sexy.  If they were wearing slave leia costumes, would that be more or less white trash for you?  Or rather, if they had the same costume, but had big hair and no tats would they still be white trash in your eyes? 

There are a surprising number of women at these events - I think its pretty sexist to call them white trash.   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Justin, I made fun of the leering fan-boys, which make up a sizable plurality of the attendees. ;D
I am not the Stig

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Well, their armor is white, right?  ;)