Author Topic: Chupacabra found near San Antonio!  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Chupacabra found near San Antonio!
« on: July 29, 2004, 03:16 PM »
Chupacabra? Strange Animal Found in Elmendorf
Posted By: Walker Robinson
7/29/2004

A rancher in Elmendorf, southeast of San Antonio, found a strange creature attacking his livestock, and local animal experts say identifying it is a tough call.

Devin Macanally says he has lived on his ranch for 15 years and has never seen anything like it.

"It was eating mulberrys under a tree," he said.

It is a strange dog-looking creature with a blue color that he says began a killing spree. Devin first knew something was up when his chickens started disappearing. At one point, 35 were gone in just one day.

Macanally finally shot and killed the creature, and he was blown away at what he saw.

"First thing that came to my mind, is surely everybody's gonna think this is a chupacabra," he laughed. "But it's so odd because it has no hair."

At the nearby Deleon's Grocery and Market, customers come in to check out pictures of it. One woman says it is exactly how her grandmother described the dreaded chupacabra.

People at the San Antonio Zoo say they have not seen anything like it. Terry DeRosa with the zoo says at a feather-light 20 pounds, he thinks it might be a wild mexican dog.

"It may be one of the hairless dogs that perhaps you see in Mexico," he said.

Devin says he would like to know for sure. He says he is hoping someone can help identify it, possibly by DNA.

full link
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Chupacabra found near San Antonio!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 03:48 PM »
Bigfoot stopped by to borrow the salt the other day.  He was having corn on the cob with Bat Boy.

Anything's possible.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 03:48 PM »
So where's the strange blue color as he described it? It looks rather brown to me.

Nice extra tiny pictures as well! :)

For more fascinating proof that the Chupacabra exists, just visit www.elchupacabra.com

Make sure you listen to the Chupacabra sounds as well. Especially amazing is the fact that, during mating calls, it actually says its own species name. Wow!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 03:53 PM by BigDumbWookiee »
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 03:50 PM »
That image could be anyone....
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 06:30 PM »
Weird...  Looks like a cross between a small kangaroo and uh...  something else.

Yeah, they need some bigger pix of this thing...