Author Topic: CW "Rishi Moon Outpost Attack" Battle Pack  (Read 6789 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: CW "Rishi Moon Outpost Attack" Battle Pack
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 10:14 AM »
Apparently TRU employs the same brilliant logic as Target, assigning one generic Item # to every Battle Pack. So good luck calling them over the phone to try and find out if they got any of the new Wave.

They're all #21218. You can try asking someone to go check the shelf, but it's such a zoo in there nowadays they probably won't agree to do this. (I got shut down twice yesterday, left my name and # and of course never got a call back)

I'm sick of looking for this stupid thing already. I might actually have to break down and order this online just to avoid the frustration.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Rishi Moon Battle Pack
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 02:28 PM »
Nice kick in the nuts...I drove 30 minutes in a blinding rain storm to a TRU I have never visited before, only to find only HALF the new BP wave. Yep, all they had left was the Endor and Gelagrub BP's. I searched everywhere on the aisle for that Rishi Moon BP and walked away empty handed. BEYOND frustrating...so many wasted hours ahead of me now searching in vain for 1 single, solitary BP.

Why that one store would get them and neither of the 2 that are actually in city limits would have any is beyond my comprehension. 

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Rishi Moon Battle Pack
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2009, 02:48 PM »
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3899665

in stock as of typing this.  I would think ordering it and paying for shipping sure beats "driving 30 minutes in a blinding rain storm to a TRU I have never visited before", and then assuming you are driving back the same distance through the same conditions.

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 10:03 PM »
I saw one of these at TRU as well, I skipped it because I dont army build - all I really wanted was the droid commando captain - hopefully it will be repacked eventually with all the same accessories.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 12:41 AM »
I do believe I've seen an image of it somewhere on a basic card for some reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2009, 08:53 PM »
It's a pretty nice set, just found one this morning at TRU and nabbed it immediately. I think the carded Commando Droid was just a regular one, whereas the BP actually has the Commando Captain.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2009, 11:02 PM »
I picked this up tonight...  I really wanted the Captain mostly but I thought a little squad of them would be nice to go with my realistic Clones.  It'll work for now at least.

Pretty great set...  Lots of good articulated army builders.  I don't know that the Clone is all that important in the box and I think I would've preferred another Commando Droid maybe with more removable armor bits, but obviously the Clone's for the kids.

But as it stands these look ok with realistic troopers and that was my goal, and so I've got them displayed that way.

I got this set at K-Mart for $19.99 on sale too, probably the only way I would've caved and bought it.  I was half-heartedly keeping an eye out for it, but for $20 in this day and age that's a deal.  I also nabbed a lot of the Legacy sets as well that are shipping with this one.  Was a busy day financially.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77