Author Topic: Funeral Pyre Vader w/ Luke  (Read 85613 times)

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Funeral Pyre Vader w/ Luke
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2009, 01:57 PM »
I've been under the impression that Luke did burn Vader/Anakin's physical body as we didn't see him pass on or "disappear" into the force as Obi-Wan and Yoda did. And, if Hasbro were to do it right, Vader shouldn't include his right hand since he lost that down the reactor shaft courtesy of Luke.

I don't have a link, but to clear it up for you, if you go to Wookiepedia and search Darth Vader, it says that what was left of his organic body dematerialized. Yeah, we don't see it happen, but he passed on like Yoda and Obi-Wan did (makes you wonder why Qui-Gon didn't). So all Luke is burning is his armor. 

I was under the impression that Qui-Gon wasn't an expert in the Force "ghost" thing. He was able to communicate through the force, but not appear as visions.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2009, 01:57 PM »
I've been under the impression that Luke did burn Vader/Anakin's physical body as we didn't see him pass on or "disappear" into the force as Obi-Wan and Yoda did. And, if Hasbro were to do it right, Vader shouldn't include his right hand since he lost that down the reactor shaft courtesy of Luke.
Yeah, I think I have read that LFL has claimed Vader's body did indeed disappear off screen...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2009, 02:04 PM »
Yeah, I think I have read that LFL has claimed Vader's body did indeed disappear off screen...

I must unlearn what I have learned...
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2009, 02:08 PM »
Kinda sick, but I've always kinda wondered in the back of my mind.  Do any of you guys think Luke would have put on his father's armor/suit (for whatever reason) before he torched it?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2009, 02:10 PM »
Kinda sick, but I've always kinda wondered in the back of my mind.  Do any of you guys think Luke would have put on his father's armor/suit (for whatever reason) before he torched it?

No, but I bet he smelled the inside of the helmet though.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 02:10 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2009, 02:52 PM »

I don't have a link, but to clear it up for you, if you go to Wookiepedia and search Darth Vader, it says that what was left of his organic body dematerialized. Yeah, we don't see it happen, but he passed on like Yoda and Obi-Wan did (makes you wonder why Qui-Gon didn't). So all Luke is burning is his armor. 

And. . .  meh.

This is when I say **** Wookieepedia, **** Lucasland, and **** the napkin.  In my own little personal Star Wars reality, if it didn't happen on-screen, then it didn't happen.  That body was in that suit the whole time.

And the smell was horrible.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2009, 03:20 PM »
I was under the impression that Qui-Gon wasn't an expert in the Force "ghost" thing. He was able to communicate through the force, but not appear as visions.

Ep. III implies that Obi Wan had to mediate and contact Qui Gon in order to learn how to pass onto the Force, or whatever. Fine, but then if Obi Wan had to learn how to do it, how the hell did Anakin know the technique? Sure didn't look like he was doing anything active about it when he died (and the opposite for Obi-Wan, and I suppose, Yoda). This is a bit inconsistent.

I think, cinematically, the reason Vader didn't disappear in the suit the way Obi Wan and Yoda did, is so that Lucas could have his climactic reveal of Sebastian Shaw at the end, showing that Vader indeed did return to the light side. If he did it on the DS, it wouldn't have been as "surprising" maybe.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2009, 11:10 AM »

It's called covering for the fact that the actor didn't want to come back.  :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2009, 01:44 PM »

I thought Liam Neeson enjoyed working on Star Wars and wouldn't have minded coming back. I heard his schedule was more of the issue, as he had Kingdom of Heaven, Batman, and Chronicles of Narnia all being released that same year.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2009, 01:55 PM »
I thought Liam Neeson enjoyed working on Star Wars and wouldn't have minded coming back. I heard his schedule was more of the issue, as he had Kingdom of Heaven, Batman, and Chronicles of Narnia all being released that same year.

I would love to see a scene added back in with Liam that that could add like the SE's. I think it would make that whole dynamic have so much more impact, even to the average viewer. Qui-Gon was the best part of EP1.

On another Liam note the movie Taken is friggin awesome. Worth watching.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2009, 02:00 PM »

Amen brother! What an awesome two hours of straight ass kicking. I had no idea that Hollywood could still produce decent action movies until I saw Taken back in January.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2009, 03:41 PM »

Amen brother! What an awesome two hours of straight ass kicking. I had no idea that Hollywood could still produce decent action movies until I saw Taken back in January.

Did you notice there was no foul language? To me that made it more awesome that is was so good it did not need to go there.
I really hope they do shoot a special scene with him.

The EP1 Wal-Mart Light up Qui-Gon figure is great and makes the perfect Ghost of Qui-Gon to use with your figure displays. That's why I really would love this Pyre. I like the end of Jedi thing to put on display. I hope this gets made, this is one thing I thought I would never see.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 14, 2009, 10:41 AM »

I did a fact check, which I should have done in the first place. Apparently, he was recovering from a motorcycle accident around his scheduled time of filming.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2009, 03:29 PM »
I would imagine that Qui-Gon's Spirit will eventually make its way in the PT (as it was originally intended to).  Rumor was that scenes were filmed without Neeson, but with Ewan and Yoda so the whole digital thing could take place at a later time.  Not sure the truth of the rumor but I wouldnt rule it out.

If he is added to the OT then I will be sorely disappointed.  There was never any mention of him during Lukes/Yodas or Bens conversations. At least on screen.  Plus it would not make much sense to end him at the end of ROTJ.  It just opens up a can of worms for other notable Jedi such as Mace, etc.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 15, 2009, 11:23 AM »
My understanding with the whole Liam Neeson thing is this:

For Attack of the Clones, George Lucas didn't ask him, he just recycled audio from EP1 for the scene where Yoda is meditating and hears Qui-Gon pleading with Anakin to stop slaughtering the Tusken Raiders.

Supposedly, the re-use of his voice did not sit well with Liam and he complained to George. George responded with the fact that when Liam signed his contract all rights to to Liam in the likeness of Qui-Gon were owned by Lucasfilm and that includes Liam saying Qui-Gon dialog.

I'm not sure what the outcome was on that, but when it came time to put together ROTS, Liam Neeson basically told Lucas to go-to-hell since he didn't want to anything more to do with Star Wars.

Also, it really depends on what interview you see with Neeson. In early interviews around the time the movie was being promoted, he's very positive. In later interviews, both he and Ewan complained about all of the green-screen work and how acting was secondary to interacting with the visual effects - and as such they didn't enjoy Star Wars as much as they had hoped they would.

Perhaps these are just rumors, but having Qui-Gon appear near the end of ROTS would have made the movie (in my mind) PERFECT.

Lucas even kept promising that in ROTS we would learn the secret of how Jedi can appear as force ghosts after death.

A scene with Qui-Gon speaking to both Yoda and Obi-Wan would have been awesome. What we got instead - an imaginary conversation in Yoda's head - was just lame.

It's one of those things when Lucas should have paid Liam Neeson whatever he wanted just for dressing up as Qui-Gon one more time and saying three or four lines - for the sake of making the PT all that much better.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!