Author Topic: Funeral Pyre Vader w/ Luke  (Read 85606 times)

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
Re: Funeral Pyre Vader w/ Luke
« Reply #135 on: August 15, 2009, 03:07 PM »
It's one of those things when Lucas should have paid Liam Neeson whatever he wanted just for dressing up as Qui-Gon one more time and saying three or four lines - for the sake of making the PT all that much better.

Well, as we know, Lucas is far from above doing it many years later, so don't give up the fanboy hope just yet.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 15, 2009, 05:10 PM »
I agree with the above statements.  On a similar note, when watching Alec Guiness in ROTJ he looks so much older than ANH.  Understandable since it was filmed many years later but man it looks like crap IMO.

As far as Liam Neeson, I remember an interview when he was asked if he would reappear in AOTC and he just smiled and winked during the interview, which in turn I thought was going to be a scene that was very secretive as to surprise the audience.  Like said above there must of been a major head butting with Lucas on the fact.  I thought for sure that he would appear, filling in a major gap and explanation that really still has not been touched upon.

Who knows, maybe during the TV series this will be explained.  Although we know Qui-Gon taught Obi-Wan on Tatooine I could never see them appearing due to the money situation.  But maybe some day when their careers are washed up it might happen when they need work.  Especially since I dont see the TV show happening any time soon.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2009, 12:23 PM »
My understanding with the whole Liam Neeson thing is this:

For Attack of the Clones, George Lucas didn't ask him, he just recycled audio from EP1 for the scene where Yoda is meditating and hears Qui-Gon pleading with Anakin to stop slaughtering the Tusken Raiders.

Supposedly, the re-use of his voice did not sit well with Liam and he complained to George. George responded with the fact that when Liam signed his contract all rights to to Liam in the likeness of Qui-Gon were owned by Lucasfilm and that includes Liam saying Qui-Gon dialog.

I'm not sure what the outcome was on that, but when it came time to put together ROTS, Liam Neeson basically told Lucas to go-to-hell since he didn't want to anything more to do with Star Wars.

Also, it really depends on what interview you see with Neeson. In early interviews around the time the movie was being promoted, he's very positive. In later interviews, both he and Ewan complained about all of the green-screen work and how acting was secondary to interacting with the visual effects - and as such they didn't enjoy Star Wars as much as they had hoped they would.

Perhaps these are just rumors, but having Qui-Gon appear near the end of ROTS would have made the movie (in my mind) PERFECT.

Lucas even kept promising that in ROTS we would learn the secret of how Jedi can appear as force ghosts after death.

A scene with Qui-Gon speaking to both Yoda and Obi-Wan would have been awesome. What we got instead - an imaginary conversation in Yoda's head - was just lame.

It's one of those things when Lucas should have paid Liam Neeson whatever he wanted just for dressing up as Qui-Gon one more time and saying three or four lines - for the sake of making the PT all that much better.

I agree.  I think it would have been really cool to see Qui-Gon in that capacity, and would have made ROTS even better.  There was a lot of stuff to stick in that movie, I understand, but it would have been cool if they could have found room for that.  I always thought Qui-Gon was one of the better new characters of the prequels, and it would have gave him a little more significance than his role in TPM.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2009, 08:28 PM »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2009, 03:50 AM »
Some good news for fans of this in our Q&A, at least as far as pricing goes...  Now, I just hope they make it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 23, 2009, 03:42 AM »
Some good news for fans of this in our Q&A, at least as far as pricing goes...  Now, I just hope they make it.

A little gasoline on the fire never hurt nobody.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2009, 04:29 AM »
Get off the cross Adam.   We need the wood for the fire.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2009, 07:00 PM »
My work here is done. :D
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 11, 2009, 12:28 AM »
I thought about it and now with the status of the Legacy Collection as of 2009, I really can't see this set doing to well.  :( With poor distributions and sales, it'll just be way too overpriced for what it is and will most likely collect dust on retail store shelves. There hasn't been any news of this set as of late, anyways...   ???
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 11, 2009, 12:36 AM »
I still don't think this will be a retail item, but a show & online exclusive, which will help its sales.  That's assuming it turns out to be a decent piece of course.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 11, 2009, 01:05 AM »
Toys R Us will take it and jack up the price to $50 a pop easy. 

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2009, 05:57 PM »

That'd be horrible! I could totally see Toys R' Us as the seller, but at $50. Too expensive.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2009, 11:33 PM »

That'd be horrible! I could totally see Toys R' Us as the seller, but at $50. Too expensive.

Not expensive to everyone.  There's plenty of yoyo's around here that would dish out $50 regardless.   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 25, 2009, 04:51 AM »
With everything that's been goin' on lately, betcha this set isn't getting made - *but* maybe, just maybe it'll be made for the future ... it'd be a good set for 2018/whenever Hasbro loses the Star Wars license and decides not to continue ... 

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 25, 2009, 06:25 PM »
They did make some comment about the figures being good for collectors in 2010.  Maybe they are grouping this in with their statement?  I don't know.