Author Topic: Funeral Pyre Vader w/ Luke  (Read 85597 times)

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Funeral Pyre Vader w/ Luke
« Reply #180 on: May 8, 2010, 08:35 PM »
imo its a shame they never made this set,i thought it was an awesome tribute to a hallmark moment in the trilogy :(

That's exactly what the set could be. A Hallmark Christmas ornament.
well i thought it was an awesome idea,it was a very cool moment for me at least in the movie,very deep,but thats just me

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 8, 2010, 08:37 PM »
I agree, it's a cool moment in the movies and would be a neat playset. I was just thinking that if not action-figure based, they'd probably make a smaller scaled ornament with lights and sounds.

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 8, 2010, 08:48 PM »
I agree, it's a cool moment in the movies and would be a neat playset. I was just thinking that if not action-figure based, they'd probably make a smaller scaled ornament with lights and sounds.
lol,true,they did make one of the rotj luke/vader dual,good point

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #183 on: May 10, 2010, 10:27 AM »
I really hope this gets released this year or next. I may be in the minority but I really dug this sets a lot. I hope there is some news at SDCC.

Was there any Q&A update on this set, I do not remember if Hasbro gave any word on this set.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: May 10, 2010, 11:31 AM »
I think this was the last time it came up in the Q&A...

1. Now that you've had some time to digest the fan response to that Funeral Pyre Darth Vader set at and after SDCC, what do you think - yea or nay? Any closer to finding it a home in the 2010/2011 line-up? Or is it pretty much dead thanks to the slowdown in Legacy product demand?

** The response seemed to be good, and we're on the hunt for a suitable retail partner for this. The slowdown in Legacy has not helped a lot of collector-targeted exclusives (as this would be) so we have to find the right partner who can work with smaller quantities.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #185 on: May 10, 2010, 11:41 AM »
Thanks! (I think I asked this before but keep forgetting) I appreciate the reply a lot!

Offline STARKILLER

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2010, 09:00 PM »
i just dont get why hasbro wont put out such an awesome new pack like this yet they rehash tons of lesser bp's all year,wait,nevermind,its just them being cheap,has to be,cause i think this set would be a hit

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 10, 2010, 09:58 PM »
i just dont get why hasbro wont put out such an awesome new pack like this yet they rehash tons of lesser bp's all year,wait,nevermind,its just them being cheap,has to be,cause i think this set would be a hit

I wonder if this set will end up in the BPs line? TVC would really be a great collection to hash this out in, especially in TVC packaging, not the blue "Shadow of the Dark Side" packaging.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 5, 2010, 04:55 PM »
Things are starting to not look so good for funeral pyre Darth Vader.  It would almost have to be an online exclusive based on what the major retailers have been doing.  But as seen in some of the conversation in this thread, that's seeming less and less likely.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 5, 2010, 07:46 PM »
It would make a great mail in offer.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 6, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Oh well.  Was looking forward to this, but no big deal if it never makes it....and what a waste of their #2 question.   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 6, 2010, 07:59 PM »
I personally don't care if this is made or not. We have plenty of Vaders and Lukes to recreate this scene ourselves.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 7, 2010, 03:02 AM »
Things are starting to not look so good for funeral pyre Darth Vader.  It would almost have to be an online exclusive based on what the major retailers have been doing.  But as seen in some of the conversation in this thread, that's seeming less and less likely.

Damn.  I was really hoping this would make it.  It still needed some work, the flames weren't quite right, but it was a neat concept.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 7, 2010, 11:10 AM »
Can't say that I'm surprised - I don't think the concept looked very good.  And this isn't one that I'd really have wanted anyway; primary because the display we saw didn't appeal to me.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #194 on: June 7, 2010, 10:54 PM »
I am really disappointed to hear the bleak news on this one. I thought this would have been a cool display piece for an iconic scene that wraps up the saga. Hopefully it will see a limited run one day, I was 100% in for this one.