Author Topic: Resurgence of the Jedi Battle Pack  (Read 39312 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Resurgence of the Jedi Battle Pack
« Reply #30 on: November 6, 2009, 01:02 AM »
Any idea why more etailers aren't preordering this set?  I've had a few sets on order at EE for a while now but I don't see it many other places.  Which is weird because it coming out in like a few weeks.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: November 6, 2009, 01:07 AM »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 6, 2009, 09:57 PM »
I was worried the set was going to be postponed till 2010!  :o

Whew, glad it's coming out this month!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 10:41 PM »
Just got my shipping notice from EE ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #34 on: December 4, 2009, 12:10 AM »
Wowee wow wow!  I really wish I could buy about 8 of these bad boys...the Luke headsculpt a true work of art...and I don't think these pictures actually do it justice

Of course the first thing I did was pop ole Lukes head off and tried it on Ceremonial Luke and Stormtrooper Luke.  The best fit for Stormtrooper Luke is a Spacetrooper...

R2 uses the R4 mold as promised and has the brushed dome...it is about time

Obi-Wan is the same as the Evolutions/EpIV Wave mold with a little more wash on his inner cloak

C-3PO is the Ewok God version with smudges of black stuff all over...I supposed that is scene specific, it has been a while since I actually paid that much attention
« Last Edit: December 4, 2009, 12:13 AM by Scott »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: December 4, 2009, 12:15 AM »
And BTW...it is about frickin TIME that Hasbro put their A game on to a Mark Hammil head.  I seriously have a box full of crap heads that are absolutely atrocious.  I think the last few have been really great but this one takes the absolute cake.  Which brings up a good Q&A question...why do they keep retooling and making new heads when they have really good likenesses already?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: December 4, 2009, 12:54 AM »
Nice looking figures...  I'm anxious to get this set, and I'd kinda dig two for just extra Luke display purposes. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 4, 2009, 11:48 AM »
Damnit Scott now you make me want to buy a bunch of these now.  I was just going to bite the bullet and pay $25 for the Luke and be happy with one.   I hope they re-release Luke via single pack.  I am not to sure they will. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 4, 2009, 11:55 AM »
I received one of these via EE this week as well, and after opening it up, I wished I had ordered at least one more.  Like Scott mentioned, the Luke is really nicely done and it is good to finally have that R2 that we've been asking for.  I hope both get single carded releases in the future, because I'd like more.  Obi-Wan and 3PO aren't changed much, but at least they are using the "best" versions of each character for this pack.  I like seeing the OT battle packs, and don't even mind repacked figures if they use really well done ones.  I'd really like to see the VOTC Han and Leia get re-released somehow, and if they had to put them in a battle pack with some retooled/tweaked figures, that would be ok too.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 4, 2009, 12:10 PM »
OCB, any chance you could see if Luke's head fits on the VOTC X-Wing Pilot body?
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #40 on: December 4, 2009, 12:11 PM »
Scott beat me to the pics but I will post anyway as I updated Han too....

FYI - I used OT Owen Hands to match the flesh tone of the Yavin Luke

« Last Edit: December 7, 2009, 12:52 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 5, 2009, 02:37 AM »
Beautiful set. I was hoping to get the 2007 TAc Luke w/ Moisture Vaporator, but I'll skip it now in favor of this set. Wow.  :o
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 5, 2009, 09:14 AM »
I looking forward to this set, but I've bought five new BPs not including the Target exclusives in the last week or so as it is and this is just too much.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #43 on: December 5, 2009, 11:04 AM »
I was afraid of this.  Hasbro has a realy money maker in this Luke.  I wanted to buy a few extras just for varied dioramas, but seeing these pics... inevitably they will card him.  I just hope it's next year.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 6, 2009, 08:11 PM »
I was afraid of this.  Hasbro has a realy money maker in this Luke.  I wanted to buy a few extras just for varied dioramas, but seeing these pics... inevitably they will card him.  I just hope it's next year.

Agreed, I'd really like to get a few more of the Luke (and R2 for that matter), but really should wait for if/when they single card them (hopefully soon).  I still wish I would have ordered an extra one of these when I placed the order at EE, as they now seem to be sold out.  Also, they seem to be the only online retailer I've seen that has these for order at all (and I don't believe there have been any retailer sightings either) - I wonder if these are somewhat limited, or if it is just taking a little bit for some reason for other e-tailers/retailers to get these.  I hope they make it out there in good numbers, I'd like to pick up at least one more.  Good stuff.