Author Topic: C-3PO and R2D2 2-Pack  (Read 35569 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: C-3PO and R2D2 2-Pack
« Reply #30 on: August 5, 2009, 11:56 PM »
Hmmn...I am probably up for this set depending on cost.  I still don't have the Early Bird set.   :P

Well, now that I bought the EB set I'm not so sure I want to spend the dough on these.  Might wait to see what NCSX or HLJ can offer later this fall.

These two are different from their previous releases though. You wouldn't want an incomplete set now would you?  >:D

You truly are evil.  Let's tally up Kubie purchases for the last 30 days or so...

- Basic 6 From Series 10 & Fett Series with common chase and L-Slot Chase $296 (Minus $15 for a Vintage Fett I sold)
 - Series 10 Chase Gree & Shadowtrooper $70
 - Mediacom Boxset #4 (minus Luke & Yoda)  $120
 - Shadow Stormtrooper $35
 - Tarkin $123
 - Luke & Leia Endor Sets (and a slare Lando Skiff Guard) $89
 - Early Bird and Max Rebo Sets $243
 - S1 ROTJ Fett and Han Trooper $141

Total = $1,100.  Holy crap.  That does not include about $100 on SDCC Minimates, BSG Minimates, and a pile of JL cases from Jeff to hold them all.   ???

I will have no problem passing on R2 and Threepio.  For now.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 1, 2009, 01:03 PM »
This is good news to see, HLJ has the C-3PO & R2-D2 2pcs set up on the site for 2,980 yen or about $32.15 US & about $37.10 CDN.

Please note:  HobbyLink Japan will begin accepting regular preorders for this item on or about September 1.

It's up at HLJ, me order.  ;D

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 6, 2009, 05:06 PM »

It's up at HLJ, me order.  ;D
Me too  ;D, I've just started collecting these guys and this will be my first pre-order, can't wait!!

Is HLJ the best place to buy new series of SW Kubricks if their not exclusives?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 6, 2009, 05:15 PM »
HLJ has carried SW Kuby's since Series 1, I have delt with them for a few Series untill we found a better place that sold them cheaper but alas that place is no longer around. RIP RoBBy.  :'(

I went back to HLJ for Series 10 & the Fett collection but other here went to NCS in the States closer to home & with good results.

You are from the UK so you will dinged with customs like I do in Canada but sometimes it's a hit & miss. Ya take your chances.

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 6, 2009, 06:24 PM »

You are from the UK so you will dinged with customs like I do in Canada but sometimes it's a hit & miss. Ya take your chances.

Yeah I've not been caught yet, only had Fett series from Japan so far, waiting on series 1 from HK so fingers crossed Mr customs ain't working that day ::)

Offline chap

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 7, 2009, 01:31 AM »
Pre-Ordered.  STOKED.

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 7, 2009, 02:20 AM »

Yeah I've not been caught yet, only had Fett series from Japan so far, waiting on series 1 from HK so fingers crossed Mr customs ain't working that day ::)

If you've just been buying from Ebay then most likely the seller has been reducing the price on the customs form. HLJ won't do that so anything over £18 will incur an £8 fee from the royal mail and whatever number customs dreams up.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 7, 2009, 02:55 AM »

If you've just been buying from Ebay then most likely the seller has been reducing the price on the customs form. HLJ won't do that so anything over £18 will incur an £8 fee from the royal mail and whatever number customs dreams up.

Not all of them do, unfortunately.  Most are pretty good, but the latest seller I bought my L-slot Fett said no way, your problem.  We'll see if I get dinged or not.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 7, 2009, 05:55 AM »

Do customs charge automatically when I recieve my goods or do I have to contact them with the details of what I have imported. Sorry about the daft questions, I'm new to all this  ???

Offline Symposium

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have Kubrickulosis™
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 7, 2009, 06:15 AM »
Morgbug just give him negative feedback :P

Bobajode it's all done automatically so you'll get a grey card from the postie with the royal mail fee and customs charge info on and then you go to the sorting office and pick it up.
"Pixelated beings are we, not this crude matter!"

Offline Bobajode

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 7, 2009, 01:26 PM »
Bobajode it's all done automatically so you'll get a grey card from the postie with the royal mail fee and customs charge info on and then you go to the sorting office and pick it up.
Thanks for the info. My Series One just arrived in the post and it was marked gift so no fees, perfect  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 7, 2009, 01:38 PM »
Morgbug just give him negative feedback :P

But for the fact he's right I might.  Ultimately it is the crappy Canadian laws, not his fault.  Just hoping they misinterpret Yen again, as they have in the past.  It's a small enough box. 

Can't speak about England, but here in Canada marking it as 'gift' may or may not have any meaning to the particular customs agent the item goes through.  And we have to pay our customs fees separately to get the item as it is held at the post office until we pay, or returned to seller 10-14 days later (not sure on the time frame).  (but don't worry, once the US implements socialized health care they'll start seeing customs fees too)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 7, 2009, 09:23 PM »
So, back OT - I finally bought one of these 2-packs.  Found one tonight with a BIN of $28, so I couldn't resist.  Of course, it was $15 shipping, but between Bing rebate and Ebay Rewards, I got it down to $40 including shipping.   8)
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 7, 2009, 09:37 PM »
So, back OT - I finally bought one of these 2-packs.  Found one tonight with a BIN of $28, so I couldn't resist.  Of course, it was $15 shipping, but between Bing rebate and Ebay Rewards, I got it down to $40 including shipping.   8)

A preorder off eBay, hope it all goes through without any problems. I would never do a preorder for anything off the bay.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 7, 2009, 10:39 PM »

A preorder off eBay, hope it all goes through without any problems. I would never do a preorder for anything off the bay.

Well, I was on the fence about getting this, so I'm okay taking the risk.  My money should be protected from Paypal, so all I have to lose is pre-order status.  If it falls thru, I'll just continue to wait for a better deal once they're released.   ;)