Author Topic: Clone Wars Spring 2010 Mail-Away - Nahdar Vebb  (Read 38124 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Clone Wars Mail-Away - Nahdar Vebb
« Reply #105 on: June 2, 2010, 02:14 PM »
I mailed-away for my 2 Nahdarrs yesterday - 1 carded, 1 loose. ;D I've seen a video where a guy got his Nahdarr over the mail with the card terribly damaged. I hope that doesn't happen to me, since I want to keep one carded for my collection display.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 2, 2010, 05:46 PM »
I finally received mine in the mail today.  It certainly took a while.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: June 2, 2010, 07:22 PM »
I mailed-away for my 2 Nahdarrs yesterday - 1 carded, 1 loose. ;D I've seen a video where a guy got his Nahdarr over the mail with the card terribly damaged. I hope that doesn't happen to me, since I want to keep one carded for my collection display.

I got 3, and 2 were damaged (1 severely) and 1 was perfect... 

They're a lower class of mail to save shipping so I'm pretty sure they're not getting the best of care when handling.  I can imagine seeing these flying about in the morning as the clerks sort them for the individual routes.  ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 3, 2010, 01:10 PM »
I got 3, and 2 were damaged (1 severely) and 1 was perfect... 

They're a lower class of mail to save shipping so I'm pretty sure they're not getting the best of care when handling.  I can imagine seeing these flying about in the morning as the clerks sort them for the individual routes.  ;)

Oh, DAMN. >:(
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #109 on: June 3, 2010, 02:54 PM »
The packaging is sorta flimsy on the Vebb's too, as compared to the Eopies which had an insert tray that supported the box a bit more.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2010, 09:03 AM »
Just got back from 2 weeks out of state, and my Vebb was among the packages waiting for me when I arrived home.  ;D

Greatly relieved to have my opener now...seems relatively unscathed from the shipping.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2010, 12:36 AM »
After thinking about it (and if all goes well), I should be getting my 2 Nahdarrs around the same time I get my Qui-Gon & Eopie (from the final batch due July 15th). I'm pretty excited! It's pretty random that my Nahdarr should arrive around that same time.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 29, 2010, 02:36 AM »
Dammit again!, from 84th Q/A with Sandtroopers.com:

QUESTION:  With the recent shortage of the Eopie/Qui Gon Mail away and having
 to make more than what was thought, does hasbro plan on ensuring that the current ail away for Nahdar Vebb, and, the later this year mail away of 'Rocket Firing' Boba Fett, will have more than enough product to supply the demand (espcially for Boba) as I know that there are of collectors who were not happy with not getting the Eopie/Qui Gon with
 in a decent amount of time. Also, why did it take so long for the postcards to get out notifying people of the delay. I didn't get mine until the beginning of April but yet the cancellation deadline was for March 31. Fortunatly for me I had no intention of cancelling my order and had heard through Snowtroopers.ca of this shortage and the mailing of the postcards. I just feel that if you are going to have a shortage and are going to send postcards giving them the option to either wait for the new batch or cancel their order all together, a slightly longer deadline or a faster method of getting the postcards to customers needs to be given.

ANSWER:  The response to Eopie & Qui-Gonn was the greatest of any of the modern mail-in figures (even greater than that for George Lucas in Stormtrooper
disguise).  That is why we re-released, even though we were not obligated to do so (all offers are "why supplies last").   We have also been notified that our supplies of Nahdar Vebb have been exhausted and we are about to re-release him as well.  Fans can expect a similar delay in getting their notification, since we don't know exactly when the new figures will come in.  As for Boba, we expect the demand will be huge, and are planning a large figure release to cover the demand.  If demand should exceed supply early in the promotion, we'll re-release.

Qui-Gon/Eopie set all over again. When can we expect to start getting postcards informing us of the delay? At least Hasbro did us the courtesy of placing another manafacturer's warrant.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 01:22 PM by Jabba the Slug »

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 29, 2010, 09:20 AM »
With the Qui-Gon and Vebb orders, I sent in my request almost as soon as the order forms hit retail (or the web in Vebb's case) and I didn't have any problems getting the toys.  If you wait till the last minute to order, you always run the risk of them running out. 

Both the Qui-Gon and Vebb offers were excllent.  One for a beast that really never saw retail in the US and one is not only one of the best Clone Wars figures, it's one of the best Star Wars figures Hasbro has ever done.  It's no wonder they were popular. 

When the Fett coupons hit, or Hasbro posts a PDF order form, my suggestion is jump on it within the first week.  Even though it sounds like they've ordered more, this one has the potential to be really popular as well.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2010, 09:26 AM »
This is good to know, because I actually was considering sending away for a 3rd before the deadline tomorrow, but I guess there's no point now.

I'm hoping the Fall Mailaway is equally appealing...I have a feeling it is going to be that Sergeant Bric we've been hearing about.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Well that sucks....Hopefully I sent away for mine and they show up someday, but no big dealeo. 

Vebb is no Doc in my book.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2010, 10:57 AM »
I sent in for a Vebb a week or so ago.  I might miss out on him.  Oh well.  He's cool, but I'm sure I'll be able to get him on ebay for about the mail away price in a year or two anyway.

I'm glad that Hasbro is getting a very strong response to their mail away offers.  It shows them that they still have strong collector support, not to mention all the kiddies who sent away too.

As soon as the form comes up for download I'll have to be sure to send the away for Boba Fett though. :)
I am not the Stig

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2010, 02:19 PM »
Hopefully someone can answer this question before tomorrow... procrastination FTW!!  :P

When mailing away for multiple figures, can you write only one check and send everything in one envelope? I'm guessing you need different certificates, but I'm not sure about writing a bunch of $7.00 checks or one large check. Any help is appreciated.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2010, 02:38 PM »
Hopefully someone can answer this question before tomorrow... procrastination FTW!!  :P

When mailing away for multiple figures, can you write only one check and send everything in one envelope? I'm guessing you need different certificates, but I'm not sure about writing a bunch of $7.00 checks or one large check. Any help is appreciated.

I wrote one check for two Qui-Gons, Hasbro cashed it and I'm patiently waiting for the toys.  It shouldn't be a problem to write a single check for multiple entry forms w/certificates.
I am not the Stig

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2010, 02:45 PM »
I sent an order for Vebb with one printed certificate from the HTS website, 10 POPs and 1 check for $13.98 and received both figures.

I sent another order a couple weeks ago like this as well.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"