Author Topic: Clone Wars Spring 2010 Mail-Away - Nahdar Vebb  (Read 38126 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Clone Wars Mail-Away - Nahdar Vebb
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2010, 10:30 AM »
Not that I am complaining - I am programmed by now to accept it, but Hasbro knows how to collect from their collectors.  

Buy 5 figures + $6.99 shipping to get one exclusive figure
or
buy 1 role play toy and get 3 random figures shipped to your house for free  **edit:  just realized this is where Hasbro is probably dumping all the Saese and Plo's that were pulled.  I would expect 2 out of the 3 you get to be them - and then H may sneak in a Yarna for kicks    :P

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 10:58 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2010, 08:40 AM »
Printed off 5 forms - Matt and Ben I got you covered - and mailing away for my two today.   :)  There is nothing better than a SW mail away.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2010, 09:19 AM »
But most of us would be buying 5 figures anyway.  Especially if we are even interested in Nahdar Vebb.  If you are wanting Vebb most likely you can probably think of 5 other figures you want over to over course of the promotional offer.  In the end you are paying for Vebb anyway with the $6.99 check.  Oh well.  I think it's fun to get a figure in the mail every now and then.  It brings me back to the Kenner days as a wee lad back when I walked to school in the snow and......

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2010, 10:44 AM »
Yeah, but some of us are strictly carded collectors, and don't want to maim our minty packaging.  ;D

I probably have 5 actually, courtesy of Willrow, Zuckuss, Rumsleg and my duplicate Cad Bane and Luminara.

Hot damn!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2010, 10:12 PM »
Mailed off my two today.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 10:30 PM »
Printed off 5 forms - Matt and Ben I got you covered - and mailing away for my two today.   :)  There is nothing better than a SW mail away.

Ah, thank you sir. I got a whole pile of POPs that need to go somewhere.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 6, 2010, 04:06 AM »
I recently saw some more carded and loose pictures. I'm very impressed w/ Hasbro's effort in this mail-away. I'm just reeeally hoping that they don't choose to include Nahdarr in a 2010/2011 TCW wave. The 2008 mail-away clean-armored Rex was really something special - until Hasbro decided to sell him clean-armored over the original dirty-armored version as part of Wave 1 way back yonder. 
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2010, 01:08 PM »
I noticed my check was cashed yesterday... hopefully that means Nahdar will be on his way soon. :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2010, 01:37 PM »
I was just sent a loose one.  I'm not sure from where it originated because it came with some other unrelated goodies.

It's pretty swell.  The knee joints were a surprise, and the ball-jointed wrists are pretty much perfect. Oh, and he can sit. The plastic is bendable enough.  I hope Hasbro puts this one out at retail eventually, I think kids may enjoy it.  If this is what 2010's figures are going to play like, we're in for a fantastic year.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2010, 02:01 PM »
My four payments were cashed at the beginning of this week.

I'm really looking forward to getting this figure - it's great to hear that they took the extra steps to make this Jedi more than just a "statue" figure like some of the other Jedi releases have been (like Kit Fisto).

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2010, 06:32 PM »
I was just sent a loose one.  I'm not sure from where it originated because it came with some other unrelated goodies.

It's pretty swell.  The knee joints were a surprise, and the ball-jointed wrists are pretty much perfect. Oh, and he can sit. The plastic is bendable enough.  I hope Hasbro puts this one out at retail eventually, I think kids may enjoy it.  If this is what 2010's figures are going to play like, we're in for a fantastic year.

Hey Speedy McFastrush, you forgot to tell the people here that the figure has a new type of shoulder joint, with a ball that goes into the shoulder and rotates in addition to the joint where the arm can go in or out.  So it's like an extra joint, almost, allowing for additional arm movement.
--AP

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2010, 08:54 PM »
I'm curious to see the mechanics of that shoulder joint.  Adam, can you provide pictures?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2010, 09:17 PM »
I'm curious to see the mechanics of that shoulder joint.  Adam, can you provide pictures?

It might be hard to illustrate, but I'll probably do him up for FOTD next week and see if I can.  It's subtle enough where it might not read easily, but it makes a nice  bit of difference in person.
--AP

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2010, 06:45 PM »
I'm really curious now as to that secret joint. But I hope this is a concept Hasbro keeps, instead of throwing in the "Been there, Done that" bin.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2010, 04:09 PM »
I got my Nahdar Vebb today at a local toy show. This is a pretty awesome figure! I'll share some pictures later....

EDIT: Here's a few pictures, including close-up shots of the shoulder and wrist articulation as well as the cardboard display. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 04:46 PM by David »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!