Author Topic: Clone Wars Spring 2010 Mail-Away - Nahdar Vebb  (Read 38121 times)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Clone Wars Mail-Away - Nahdar Vebb
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2010, 02:28 AM »
Thanks for the pics, I was trying to figure out Adam Pawlus' descriptions of the new joints.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2010, 03:45 AM »
Nice pics, and I hope to send in for one this week.  I haven't yet because I jus tdon't buy enough figures from CW3D, but I did print out a form, so I'm on my way to getting one now.

I'm pondering ordering two though, so I can custom one to a realistic Vebb maybe.  Keep the head/hands perhaps for a youthful appearance, and maybe change the legs and arms or something?

That's a great mail-away figure though, kudos for the offer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2010, 01:21 PM »
I got this figure a couple of months ago. They were selling him through a shop called Argos in the UK. I ended up buying an animated Kit Fisto  to go with him but I think he can blend in alright with the realistic figures, especially if you throw a cloak on him.

It seems like they're trying some new articulation out on some of these animated figures. I haven't seen one in person, but I hear the IG droid has some kind of moving pincers and the sliding head on the new Rex is another example. Do you think any of these new techniques will make it into the realistic line?

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 1, 2010, 01:39 PM »
I'm very, VERY surprised at how fast this offer is gonna expire - June 30th! It's already April (!), and the Qui-Gon and Eopie offer started in August and ended March 31st - which was a pretty lengthy run.

I understand that the Nahdarr stickers started appearing in 2010 Wave 1, but those cases/waves didn't appear until February in most places. And for some people (like me :(), those cases have yet to appear!  
« Last Edit: April 1, 2010, 01:40 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 1, 2010, 08:29 PM »
I thought it was short but with the announcement of another offer coming this Fall, along with the Fett offer, it's not really a bad idea.

I've seen the wave of figures with the stickers, and order forms, at a couple of stores now but haven't bought any.  I used the printed form from the HTS.com website to order mine.  The offer may have a short window but Hasbro didn't really try to hide the offer or make it difficult to send for.  Hell, they gave us 7 months to send for the Qui-Gon/Eopie figs and I still saw some posts today that people put it off and didn't make the deadline.

The longer the offer, the longer you have to put it off.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 2, 2010, 02:45 AM »
Very good point. I, too, (unfortunately) am a procrastinator, and I mailed away for a single Qui-Gon/Eopie set a few days before the deadline.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 2, 2010, 11:53 AM »
I FINALLY got my check in the mail today for this guy. (A spare) Took me hours to track down the empty boxes for the proper POP's. I've only bought 5 figures for opening EVER, luckily all within the past 6 months so they qualify.

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 5, 2010, 08:56 PM »
I've seen reports coming in that people are receiving their Vebb figures in the US.  My check was cashed a couple of weeks ago so I'm hoping I get a figure in this first slug like I did with the Eopie.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #68 on: April 5, 2010, 09:50 PM »
I got both of mine today - outstanding figure!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: April 5, 2010, 10:36 PM »
I got both of mine today

Ditto.  Both of mine were waiting in the mailbox when I got home from work. 

Man, Nahdar is a really nice figure.  Glad that they decided to make him after all.  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 7, 2010, 01:35 PM »
Got mine yesterday. Very cool figure and packaging. I may have to send off for a second.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 8, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Got my first two yesterday. I'm sure my follow-on three which I sent away for a week or so later will be coming shortly as well...

I haven't had a chance to open one of them up yet, but I can tell he is a very cool figure.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
« Reply #72 on: April 8, 2010, 02:11 PM »
Mine showed up yesterday and I was so excited.  As you can tell from my avatar I love Mon Calamari so a Jedi one made me super excited.  I also have a display shelf of characters with lightsabers but now I can't decide if I want to open this one or not.  :-\

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 8, 2010, 02:22 PM »
..now I can't decide if I want to open this one or not.  :-\

Mail in for another one.   ;)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline evilanimation

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 10, 2010, 01:10 AM »
Can some one help me, i am kinda lost on what proof of purchases are good on these?
87959, 87958, 89467 I have a tone of legacy figures will those work? Help me understand the numbers.