Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread  (Read 68309 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread
« on: July 21, 2009, 09:17 PM »
MTV Movies Blog has a couple of Season 2 images, one featuring Cad Bane, the other featuring another familiar bounty hunter.  Looks pretty cool to me!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:03 AM by Brian »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Series Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 09:43 PM »
My favorite!  :D

Besides Tarkin (who I'd dig seeing show up in CW too, since he should be quite important in there somewhere), this is my favorite character to buy random junk of said character.  Busts and the like.  Gimme an animated figure, gladly.

He's been depicted in the past as something of a "Jedi Killer", actually.  Interesting.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Series Discussion Thread
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 12:03 AM »
In addition to Bossk, it looks like the Official Site's Blog has a look at some other bounty hunters on the way in Season 2.  These new pics are getting me psyched for next season, hopefully it isn't starting too late in the fall.

On a side note, what happened to the "Decoded" episodes?  I don't think I've seen one in at least a month, although they are still playing Clone Wars fairly regularly (and usually on Friday night).  I thought they were doing the whole first season that way, but hopefully the lack of ones lately doesn't mean Season 2 is being pushed back or anything.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 08:49 PM »
Here's the Season 2 Preview that was shown on G4TV, looks pretty sweet.  I can't wait for Season 2, hopefully it won't be a late Oct/Nov start like last year.

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 10:19 PM »
It looks like this series is getting better and better.  Can't wait to see season 2.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 05:23 PM »
I've got to admit. It's gone from a really bad theatrical movie to a good TV show with a long story line. It's good to see them moving away from short three episode stories to a season length story. I'm looking forward to this.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 06:36 PM »
The preview was nice.  There some interesting and exciting clips.  Looking forward to season 2.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 1, 2009, 06:08 PM »
Can anyone confirm the report from comic con that a young Han Solo will make an appearance next season? I read something about this over at aint it cool news.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: August 4, 2009, 02:31 AM »
I didn't see/read anything about that...  Wouldn't that be a VERY young Han Solo?  He's not realy an old dude circa ANH...  Not something I'd dig really, if it's true.  I like Han and all, but I'm a fan of keeping my OT mains separate from my Prequal EU.  Chewbacca in ROTS was even stretching it IMO.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 4, 2009, 01:06 PM »
I hadn't heard/read that Solo info either.  I remember hearing that Lucas at one time wanted him to have a small part in ROTS, that ended up getting cut.  I think that was even somewhere official (Insider maybe?).  Anyways, didn't hear anything about CW.  Like Jesse said, he'd have to be really young - like annoying "Annie" youngish.  I do fully expect Chewie and/or the Wookiees to show up eventually in CW though, but I don't mind the "aliens" (like Bossk) showing up as much.  Their age can be fudged more so they aren't necessarily kids.

As a Han fan, I'm all for seeing him in an animated series - I just hope it is in an OT-era series at some point :P.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 4, 2009, 02:39 PM »
I thought Jaybo Hood was supposed to be a young Solo type of character. I don't really want to see Han in the series. I prefer the histories of certain minor charcters being expanded. Bossk and Jabba are perfect examples.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 4, 2009, 04:11 PM »
Can anyone confirm the report from comic con that a young Han Solo will make an appearance next season? I read something about this over at aint it cool news.

Someone asked about this at the Star Wars Spectacular.  Dave Filoni commented on it and said that they're being very careful about the prospects of involving any characters from the OT, and would probably avoid doing so.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #12 on: August 4, 2009, 05:06 PM »
That's good then.

Bossk is Bossk...  He's been portrayed as a Jedi-hunter in toys, actually, so I'm ok with him showing up.  Excited, actually.  I want to see him collect some lightsabers.

But Bossk also probably has 10 total seconds of screentime too. :)  Not like it's Lando, or Han, or Chewbacca becoming a major player in a storyline or something.  That's my sort of fear of it all, especially with how Chewbacca was basically crowbarred into Episode 3.  He was very unnecessary, much less being there with Yoda specifically...  and yet Chewie in ANH is "making fun" of Jedi.  It was just not necessary.

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 6, 2009, 08:47 PM »
I should have been more specific about my earlier post.  The article did mention that Solo would be a child so not to screw up any more continuity. IMO, I dont want to see the OT characters making an appearance in any pre ANH form, except where needed (Yoda, Droids, Obi-Wan).  Chewie's ROTS appearance was useless and added nothing to the story. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Looks like Season 2 is set to kick off on October 2nd, with an hour long premiere starting at 8e/7c.  I'm really looking forward to the new season.  Season 1 was very good overall I thought, and seemed to get stronger as it went along.  Hopefully they'll start off big with Season 2.