Author Topic: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread  (Read 68302 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars - Season Two Discussion Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 02:57 PM »
Jayson, you rock! Awesome pics...that is exactly what I was talking about. Jedi T-6 Shuttle - good to know. That thing looks inevitable to be realized in plastic!

I can wait on Xanadu Blood, give us this bad boy next spring! (or the Twilight, that is cool too)
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2009, 01:03 AM »
I really liked the first few episodes of season 2.  I liked Bane at the end of last season but after the "Children of the Force" episode I freakin love the guy!  I was almost cheering when he escaped.  LOL!  I don't really analyze these shows at all.  I just sit back and try to enjoy them for what they are entertainment for kids and a commercial for toys. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2009, 05:25 PM »
I'm just happy 8pm appears to be the new time slot for this season. After 9 was just not working for me last year...
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2009, 06:04 PM »
I lost the remote to my Video Cassette Recorder so I'll end up missing most of the new episodes.   :'(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2009, 06:19 PM »
This is where I go to watch them online.  ;)

Clone Wars: Season 1 & 2

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 06:43 PM »
Thanks for the link Dale.  Maybe I can sneak some time here at work - don't think I'd have much luck at home with my ol dial-up.  Someday I'll be up to speed on technology.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2009, 08:05 PM »
Thanks for the link Dale.  Maybe I can sneak some time here at work - don't think I'd have much luck at home with my ol dial-up.  Someday I'll be up to speed on technology.   :)

Mikey, I'll burn you a CD with all the episodes and you can watch them at your leisure.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2009, 12:18 AM »

Mikey, I'll burn you a CD with all the episodes and you can watch them at your leisure.  8)

Okay, for THAT I would be willing to offer up freebie bootlet marching and firing clones sir!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2009, 02:21 AM »
Good episode tonight...  I thought, as plot/story goes, it was one of the better ones so far in the series.

I liked the Skifio senator...  I liked Anakin's behavior.  I liked the Jedi obviously sensing Anakin's attachment to her.

I also liked seeing Poggle and Lott Dodd some, and Cato Nemoidia...  THat's just the visual stuff though, and really the plot I felt was very creative, threw a curve into the whole Anakin/Padme story.  It really added to their ultimate futures.  It also sets up next week nicely.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2009, 09:14 AM »

Sweet!  Thanks Jay!   :)

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 17, 2009, 06:34 PM »
After watching the episode last night - I want to know where the rest of the Jedi Council is - are they always on missions while Yoda, Mace, and Obi-Wan stay at the temple?!  I'd really like to see the rest of the council in future episodes, especially Shaak Ti.  I know Ki-Adi Mundi is in an upcoming episode, and I'm really looking forward to that.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #56 on: October 17, 2009, 08:31 PM »
Last night was in some ways the best episode yet.  The writing, for a kids cartoon, was leaps and bounds beyond what we've seen so far.  The characterizations of Padme and Anakin, the weakest part of the films, were right on for once.  I loved the classic Hollywood nods in the music and direction.  I love the direction the series is going in.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 17, 2009, 10:04 PM »
Agreed. Last night's episode was superb. Easily the best one of Season Two so far and maybe even around the top five yet. They're doing such a good job with Anakin & Padme in this series, unlike in the movies where I have to fast forward through their scenes. :P

Looking forward to the battle on Geonosis! 8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2009, 07:37 PM »
Is was great  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2009, 02:19 AM »
Last night was in some ways the best episode yet.  The writing, for a kids cartoon, was leaps and bounds beyond what we've seen so far.  The characterizations of Padme and Anakin, the weakest part of the films, were right on for once.  I loved the classic Hollywood nods in the music and direction.  I love the direction the series is going in.

A good summary of my thoughts on how Padme and Anakin were taken in a direction Lucas seemed incapable of doing.  They actually seemed human. 

It makes you really wonder about the notion (Scott's) that Episode 1 wasn't necessary...  AOTC = Episode 1, and then a "Clone Wars" film that fleshes out the character's deeper personalities, and then ROTS wraps it up nicely.

The toon's proving that the character's development in the movies was largely ignored at the cost of the quality of the story.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77