Author Topic: JediDefender 2009 Hasbro Star Wars Fans' Choice  (Read 38233 times)

Offline waskal

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Hasbro Star Wars Fans' Choice
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2009, 12:30 AM »
JOCASTA NU...  :)

...for Fan's Club Figure 2009!

(that's my vote, too)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2009, 11:05 AM »
My vote:   JOCASTA NU

Question: Why are we accepting nominations for (Ackmena) and why do we have characters on our list (Tonnikas...) that have been put off limits by Hasbro for this poll... they stated at Comic Con that Toy Fair has been instructed to not even include these in the final poll... isn't this just wasting voting spots?

Off Limits:
Tonnika Sisters (either)
any character based on George Lucas himself.
Grebleips (the ET senators)
Tyvokka & Jedi Wookiees
any live-action character from the Holiday Special

Because they've been instructed by Lucas film that these are off limits. Any would be wasted slots.

With the Tonnika Sisters, Lucasfilm never got permission from the Actresses to use their likeness for toys (or something like that.)

The E.T.'s are owned by a different studio. Lucas had special permission to use them himself.

The Holiday Special - Lucas is trying to destroy all evidence of it's existence.

I can't say for sure about the other two, but there are reasons dictated by Lucas film.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2009, 01:54 PM »
My vote:   JOCASTA NU

Question: Why are we accepting nominations for (Ackmena) and why do we have characters on our list (Tonnikas...) that have been put off limits by Hasbro for this poll... they stated at Comic Con that Toy Fair has been instructed to not even include these in the final poll... isn't this just wasting voting spots?

Off Limits:
Tonnika Sisters (either)
any character based on George Lucas himself.
Grebleips (the ET senators)
Tyvokka & Jedi Wookiees
any live-action character from the Holiday Special

Because they've been instructed by Lucas film that these are off limits. Any would be wasted slots.

With the Tonnika Sisters, Lucasfilm never got permission from the Actresses to use their likeness for toys (or something like that.)

The E.T.'s are owned by a different studio. Lucas had special permission to use them himself.

The Holiday Special - Lucas is trying to destroy all evidence of it's existence.

I can't say for sure about the other two, but there are reasons dictated by Lucas film.

Aw man... I was really hoping for a Jefferson Starship set... (We have the cantina and Jabba's palace band, so why not Starship!) LOL
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2009, 04:06 PM »
I honestly think Ackmena has a shot, maybe a longer one but I think she may find her way into plastic. Now Chewies family on the other hand has no chance in hell. Ackmena is not a wasted slot in my opinion.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2009, 04:14 PM »
I honestly think Ackmena has a shot, maybe a longer one but I think she may find her way into plastic. Now Chewies family on the other hand has no chance in hell. Ackmena is not a wasted slot in my opinion.

I'd buy a Mallatobuck figure. He'll she'd be an easy repaint of any number of Chewbacca figures out there. Easy money for Hasbro.
Lumpy could be a nice pack in, or a two pack with another small figure.

And who wouldn't want an "Itchy" figure! LOL.

Seriously though, I'd buy a Chewbacca family set if it were made. Totally serious on that.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2009, 04:26 PM »

I'd buy a Mallatobuck figure. He'll she'd be an easy repaint of any number of Chewbacca figures out there. Easy money for Hasbro.
Lumpy could be a nice pack in, or a two pack with another small figure.

And who wouldn't want an "Itchy" figure! LOL.

Seriously though, I'd buy a Chewbacca family set if it were made. Totally serious on that.

Do not get me wrong, I would also buy all of the figures you mentioned. The SW Holiday Special does have a few redeeming qualities. I find a lot more parts in that show more bearable than the 1997 SE ROTJ Musical Number. That made me sink in my seat in the theater. I was actually embarrassed of that scene. I had nothing to do with yet I honestly felt embarrassed that feeling still lingers. I take the SW Holiday Special for what it was a 70's Variety Show cashing in on the latest craze. The Y-Bith is awesome, I would love that figure!

But I really would love a Ackmena figure to tend bar.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2009, 06:39 PM »
No worries man. I'd really like an Ackmena figure as well. Bea Arthur is TEH shite! (or was RIP).

Offline Dan_74

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2009, 11:04 PM »
Bastila Shan!

Offline jhnmllr

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2009, 01:06 AM »
1 vote for Jocasta Nu.

Please add an extra vote (2 total) if you will count my son's vote, also.

Thanks.

Offline darthjaybay

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2009, 03:48 PM »
Owen Lars

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2009, 07:16 PM »
Zam Wesell
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline jeremym

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 11, 2009, 11:13 PM »
my vote:

Jocasta Nu

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile