Author Topic: Toyfare 2009 Fan's Choice Voting  (Read 69163 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Toyfare 2009 Fan's Choice Voting
« Reply #105 on: January 12, 2010, 05:34 PM »
I think the top vote getter is great - and also, I have no problem with Jocasta Nu being high on the list.  Not too interested in the other three though.  Although I think Plagueis could be appealing.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 12, 2010, 06:33 PM »
Come on Bastilla Shan!

Nailed her!  I mean it!

Not really interested in any of the other four though - what lame selections.   :-\
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 06:35 PM by JediJman »
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 12, 2010, 06:35 PM »
I'm glad to see Jocasta Nu (and Jaxxon) make the top five. I think this poll is meant for characters that normally wouldn't have a chance of being made to get brought to Hasbro's attention. The other three would have probably been made eventually, but I think these results will definitely get Hasbro to strongly consider Jocasta and Jaxxon.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 12, 2010, 06:42 PM »
I'm happy to see Jaxxon in the top 5.  That was my guy going in, it's sort of a Willrow Hood situation.

I'm okay with Shan winning since I think she's one that should have been on Hasbro's short list anyway, and if this forces them into making her, I'm fine with that.  Jocast Nu, I don't understand the popularity behind her but she is an on-screen charactr with lines and also showed up in the cartoon so also not a terrible choice.

I'm not big on either of the Darth's, however.  I've never read anything with either of them in and I'd much rather have the Jacen Solo we're getting than the Caedus figure.  Darth P, I only know from the mention in the film, I've never read a novel with him hin it.

As for the other 25 characters, I think there are about 9 of them that are no-brainers, 5 are great aliens, 3 popular EU characters that would sell, 4 chicks that are about as popular as Breha (meaning nobody would buy) and 4 aliens that should never see the light of day.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 12, 2010, 08:33 PM »
Some comments and a question from me -

Firstly, do the Top 5 choices, too (besides Bastila Shan), get made into action figures?

And I'm glad, but not overjoyed that Bastila won. Funny how the top choice always ends up with a KOTOR person. 

I much rather would have seen either Caedus or Plagiues win - I'm split 50/50. And Jocasta would be a welcome addition to my collection - I just hope if she's made she's not a pegwarmer. And Jaxxon is my not-to-happy-about choice.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #110 on: January 12, 2010, 08:43 PM »
I think KOTOR showings are a direct result of Toy Fare being very Video Game/Comic Book centric...not so much with Star Wars.  If starwars.com ran the poll, I really do not think you would have the same top 5.  Maybe I'm wrong...but I don't think so.

I will also say that I realize that our site and a few others out there not named Rebelscum are more of the old guard collecting since78 type people who are a lot more interested in the OT over the PT over anythign else.  I get that...but Darth Caedus did not receive one solitary vote in the last Defender Wishlists.  Plagueius got 2...2!  Jocasta Nu, Shan and Jaxxon were at least on the radar but seriously...cranky old man rant over

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 12, 2010, 08:45 PM »
Pretty happy about Bastilla taking the top spot. I love KOTOR and would love to get the whole Ebon Hawk Crew made some day, this gives us 2 down, several dozen to go. I wonder if they'll ever do any more of them.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2010, 11:52 PM »
Yeah, KOTOR seems to do well in these polls.  Me, I never really played it so it's not appealing to me at all.  I got to admit that none of the top 5 do much for me at all.  I guess Bastilla makes the most sense she seems to be pretty popular.  At least I have heard of her.  Plagueis (sp?) looks just like the Emperor so I can't get to hyped for him.  I have no idea who Cadeus (sp?) is.  I see that he was in a novel though.  Jocasta is ok.  I would not mind having a figure of her really but she's not something I was dying to get.  Jaxxon would be sort of fun for something campy but I can't really say that I would actually buy it.  I hate to poop on the parade but they are all just kind of underwhelming choices to me overall.  I mean really?  That's the top 5?  I know they have made a lot of figures over the years that a lot of people wanted.  Honestly, I would be more excited if Bom Vimdin won the poll or even an Imperial Dignitary. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2010, 11:56 PM »
I like Bastila enough I'm contented with her I guess, but she wasn't really someone in my top 5 I wanted out of those 30...  Of course Tarkin/Fleet Trooper were my top 2, but even taking those two out, I probably could've found 5 or more easily that would've still been more important to me than that top 5... 

The only positive I see to the winners right now is that at least without droid parts I won't be compelled to buy them regardless, to complete something, which seems to be the case.  That way I can at least pass on the lamest of them. 

I like the thought of PLagueis getting a character/figure, but I think EU **** the bed with their choice of one of those banking wafer douches.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2010, 01:00 AM »
No real interest in her, too bad. Wish it was Sim Aloo or even Jaxxon who won.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2010, 03:40 AM »
Is Jaxxon that ******* rabbit? If so, epic fail...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2010, 08:38 AM »
Bastila is a great choice for those of us who want the rest of the KOTOR characters made. With Revan winning the previous one, this just pushes the issue further with Hasbro that we are fans of that game and it's characters.

Jocasta Nu is a meh choice to me. I'll buy one of her and maybe a second to custom.

Both Cadeus and Plageious (sp?) would be great to include in a Sith Evolutions set. Maybe Sidious as a third Sith or better yet go much further back and pick a Sith from the KOTOR age.

I'm actually happy about Jaxxon. However I wouldn't want the Marvel style figure. I'd rather have the reimagined realistic style.  He's a funky character yes, but he'd be fun.

Look ma, a galactic ass-kicking bunny rabbit!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Is Jaxxon that ******* rabbit? If so, epic fail...

Thank you. That is the stupidest looking thing I have ever soon. Whoever dreamed up that abomination and threw it into the SW Universe should be skinned alive, burned, and buried next to Hitler.

I just hope if they make Jocasta Nu it is in the animated style since she appeared in TCW this season.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2010, 09:58 AM »
Jaxxon's got a hell of a lot more backstory than that old skank Jocasta.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:59 AM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2010, 10:42 AM »
Although I'm happy for those who were really pulling for all of those who are in the top five, I'm sort of with Scott on this one.  For the most part, I could care less about the whole list...and may end up passing on most to all of them.  I'm sure they'll make for great figures, since Hasbro really does a pretty nice job with most everything these days figure-wise, but I really know next to nothing about them...and would know probably nothing if it wasn't for forum talk.  I may get Jocasta Nu since she is an actual movie character, but man, is that ever a boring figure otherwise.  Jaxxon is kind of funny just because it is so strange, so you never know there.  The other stuff I don't really care about, but they could make good figures.  I do think that the fact Toy Fare does the poll has an effect on the results too.