Author Topic: Wal-Mart Figure Stands!  (Read 1419 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
Wal-Mart Figure Stands!
« on: August 16, 2009, 11:35 AM »
Okay, technically I think they are meant to be spice racks, but you get the idea.  I recently found these at Wal-Mart and am starting to incorporate them into a lot of my loose displays.  They're only $5.74, which is way cheaper than any other stair-displays I've been able to find.  YOu can fit figures 2-3 deep per shelf depending on the figure and whether or not you're using stands.  I found them in the aisle with the dishware racks and silverware trays.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart Figure Stands!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 02:16 PM »
I found these 2 months ago.  It was tough to find some without major cracks in them, I think they're made of bamboo.  I was tring to decide if I should buy like 50 of these things, my crap is all over the place right now.

I need to finish my basement so I can spread out more.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 03:43 PM »
I found these 2 months ago.  It was tough to find some without major cracks in them, I think they're made of bamboo.  I was tring to decide if I should buy like 50 of these things, my crap is all over the place right now.

I need to finish my basement so I can spread out more.

I haven't found any with cracks across three wal-marts, but some are definitely in better shape than others.  My problem is that the WMs around here only seem to carry a handful of them.  I'm using 4-5 per display shelf, so I have to visit a new WM every time I start on a new shelf.   :P
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
    • Vitamin
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 06:13 PM »
Find a manager and ask them to order you a few cases.  They probably can.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 11:26 PM »
http://www.containerstore.com/browse/Product.jhtml?CATID=70879&PRODID=10016112

I use these, from the Container Store. A bit slippery, but strong and cheap.  18 inches wide holds a whole lot of figures.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 11:27 PM by speedermike »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 12:38 AM »
I like those better, but $10's pricey. :(  I may have to check out the WM ones just based on cost I suppose.  Clear plastic is better IMO, but the wood-ish ones are neat looking too.  Just don't go with anything I have for display up now is all.  That's a bummer.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77