Author Topic: loose or carded figures  (Read 5326 times)

Offline sith lord

• Youngling
  • run,the ewoks are coming
    • View Profile
loose or carded figures
« on: December 11, 2005, 11:17 PM »
do most members here keep their figures carded or open them to display?trying to decide which is better?
a super star destroyer is no match for an a-wing.

Offline Victor_Von_Doom

• Jedi Initiate
  • Curse Richards
    • View Profile
    • Wampa's Cave
Re: loose or carded figures
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 06:58 PM »
Since the dawn of time, this question has plagued fandom....

Its really up to you. Personally, I enjoy loose a LOT more. Being able to hold and play around with the figures is where its at for me. Some people like seeing their walls covered in figures, and thats fine too. Its just a matter of personal opinion, and not a choice someone can make for you.

I see people ask this question probably once a week. While I can't make the choice for you, I will say that I haven't seen anyone who choses to collect loose regret it in all my years.

If you decide to collect loose, make sure that is what you want. Its a long way back after you've opened all those figures.
WTB Autographs and loose vintage, PM me!
"The Dude abides" - The Big Lebowski

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 07:08 PM »
What do you like, action figures or "collecting"? For me, it's always been about enjoying figures of the characters from my favorite movie series, and never about being a "collector" of unopened, mint, "collectible" "collectors' items".

Know what I mean? :)

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2009, 01:06 AM »
I enjoy keeping my collection loose. There's something special, to me, about opening up that packaging, waiting to get to the figure you've always wanted. Of course, I do like how they look packaged. I keep my exclusive figures/older figures carded.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"