Multimedia > The Prequel Trilogy

Why would Lars take in baby Luke?

<< < (3/3)

R5Don4:

--- Quote from: Master_Phruby on August 21, 2009, 12:46 PM ---Those are good points jedijman. It also makes me wonder why they didn't change Luke's name to something completely different. I know they probably couldn't legally adopt Luke without Imperial social workers asking questions. But here is a Skywalker on Tatooine. Maybe Skywalker is a common name like Smith?

--- End quote ---

I was thinking the other day about this.  Tatooine is very backwater, with not much going on.  Anakin Skywalker the only human to win a podrace would be pretty famous.  Famous enough that a speed freak kid like Luke with the same name would at least have passing knowledge of.  It would have been one thing if Anakin was a great race pilot but not a lot of people knew about it, but no there were thousands of spectators at the Boonta Eve Classic which he won.

--- Quote from: Master_Phruby on August 20, 2009, 12:13 PM ---Why didn't Obiwan just raise the baby by himself or at least setup an agreement to train Luke as he grew up?

--- End quote ---

Good point.  It would have made a lot more sense for Obi to raise Luke as his padawan seeing as how young the Jedi take children away to train. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version