Multimedia > Star Wars Universe

Why is Asajj Ventress in The Clone Wars (2008-0? series)

(1/2) > >>

Jabba the Slug:
A question to Sith/Ventress fans out there - everyone's favorite evil, lightsaber-wielding damsel appeared in The Clone wars, but in the Obsession comics she's "mortally" wounded by Anakin, and eventually disappears into the unknown. Prior to this, Anakin showed just how much he hated her in a duel on Coruscant, as he wrapped her in electrical wires and sent her falling hundreds of feet (quite frankly, I don't even know how she survived that), but not before getting his facial scar by her (the one seen in ROTS). That's when Dooku rescues her, and she appears in the Obsession comics. Why is she in The Clone Wars, which seemingly takes place after her near-fatal duel on Coruscant? Anakin already has his scar, and Asajj mentions in a deleted scene from the movie that she's been looking forward to fighting him again. Anyone know the REAL answer?  ??? Don't really know how the The Clone Wars crew will be able to resolve this issue in terms of canon ... is she a Star Wars version of Frankenstein? Did that "anger/hatred powering the will to live/survive" (like what Anakin did on Mustafar) thing work in this case?

Packbar:
I long ago decided to let any smaller inconsistencies slide and just be entertained by the story.  I often think to myself how they can keep adding new stories into the years between AOTC and ROTS where they have all the comics, the animated Clone Wars and other books but they all are extremely entertaining and so I just let them be that and let smaller things like this slide. Sorry that I don't have a better answer than that.

Darth Broem:
Because she is an entertaining character to add into the Clone Wars series.  None of these EU stories care about a canon timeline that fits nicely.  It's all about entertaining you and getting your money.  You may not like it but that's the reason why  ;D

Ghost of QG:
\Filoni and crew just don't care about continuity with previously established EU.

Jesse James:

--- Quote from: Ghost of QG on November  1, 2009, 05:19 PM ---\Filoni and crew just don't care about continuity with previously established EU.

--- End quote ---

That's basically my thought...  EU is EU is EU...  They tend to ignore one another if they feel like it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version