Author Topic: LEGO 2010  (Read 40838 times)

Offline Packbar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jedi Master Tolman's Toy Emporium
Re: LEGO 2010
« Reply #30 on: February 8, 2010, 09:30 PM »
Was it really worth the $50-$60 price for 300 bricks  ???  I love the Defender, but not at that price for so few bricks.  Why not wait for a sale?  I don't think I've ever paid full price for any of my LEGO sets.

I don't think I have ever felt any lego set was worth full retail, but I have resigned myself to that fact so I only buy selected sets that I really want. There are some sets that I will only buy if they go on sale but if I really want it I just buy it knowing legos are expensive no matter what.  Price never correlates to how many pieces you get and SW sets are just more because they are SW and then you have the limited or special edition sets that are more expensive too. . . . .and lego sales are just few and far between so if I paid too much . . . oh well. . . .I will live! :-\

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2010, 11:23 PM »
Sorry Packpar...didn't mean to pick on you (if I did), but sales are nice.  Noticed that the Defender and ARC are both 20% off at TRU this week.  Might bite on one or the other....maybe.  I did pick up the mini X-Wing and mini Attack Shuttle at Target this evening.  Love these lil ships at $3.49.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2010, 04:57 PM »
I did pick up the mini X-Wing and mini Attack Shuttle at Target this evening.  Love these lil ships at $3.49.   :)

I saw these at a local Target yesterday and picked them up as well.  They're cool little ships that don't take much time to put together - instant gratification LOL.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 09:29 AM »
I finally found a reasonably priced 7143 - Obi-Wan's AOTC Starfighter and 7658 OT Y-Wing.  Both sets I've been stalking for a while (also kicking myself for not getting at retail  :-[).

Looking forward to the Plo Koon starfighter and to the Wampa cave sets.
I am not the Stig

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 09:17 PM »
Have any of you guys found the other three mini-sets at Target (Grievous Starfighter, TIE Fighter, Torrent)?  I've only been able to find the X-Wing and Attack Shuttle by me.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline skyward72

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 09:37 PM »
Have any of you guys found the other three mini-sets at Target (Grievous Starfighter, TIE Fighter, Torrent)?  I've only been able to find the X-Wing and Attack Shuttle by me.

No,  I have only seen the X-Wing and Shuttle.  If you want the others I can probably hook you up.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2010, 09:55 PM »
No,  I have only seen the X-Wing and Shuttle.  If you want the others I can probably hook you up.

Shoot me a PM and let me know the details.  Thanks!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2010, 10:33 AM »
TRU is giving away FREE Chrome mini Stormtroopers this week with a Star Wars Lego purchase of $11.99 or more. The Stormy can also be bought outright for $2.99 each.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2010, 02:46 PM »
How is this packaged?
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2010, 03:31 PM »
It comes assembled in a baggie like the Target mini sets.  Very cool lil guy.  Guess this makes up for Star Wars being excluded in most of their recent sales.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2010, 05:14 PM »
TRU is giving away FREE Chrome mini Stormtroopers this week with a Star Wars Lego purchase of $11.99 or more. The Stormy can also be bought outright for $2.99 each.

I tried getting two of these at my local TRU and they were limiting them to being free with the purchase of a SW lego and you could only have 1 per customer.  They would not let you buy them outright.  Bummer seeing as how I have 2 kids and needed two...

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2010, 05:18 PM »
I guess my local TRU wasn't as strict with their one per customer rule, I stopped in this AM and they were sold out.  The cashier said they got wiped out by collectors.
I am not the Stig

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2010, 08:12 PM »
Ya my TRU was completely wiped out as well.  Hopefully another truck will come in this week as I really wanted 2 of these guys.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2010, 08:51 AM »
Since I still needed the Republic Star Destroyer (Acclimator I think?) set, I just ordered that on-line since it was free shipping with a purchase of $100.  They won't let you order the figure on-line, but it did show up in my basket with the lego purchase.  Now, I hope it actually shows up on my doorstep.

Offline Crackbrick

• Jedi Padawan
  • Crackbrickhead
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2010, 06:28 PM »
This guy is nifty.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 06:29 PM by Crackbrick »
I Dream of Yumbos...