Author Topic: Indiana Jones 5  (Read 43964 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones 5
« Reply #15 on: March 5, 2010, 06:20 PM »
I don't care what the naysayers think.  I can't wait for another Indiana Jones movie.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: March 6, 2010, 01:02 AM »
I was kind of even on KotCS...  I liked it well enough but it's by far the least interesting of the 4.  Still, I'm geeked for Indy 5, and bring on more action figures says I!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 6, 2010, 01:04 AM »
I'm good with another, especially if they leave Mutt out of it.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #18 on: March 6, 2010, 02:22 AM »
I just hope they bring the mysticism back to the story.  That alien crap almost made blood shoot out of my eyes.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 6, 2010, 07:40 AM »
I just hope they bring the mysticism back to the story.  That alien crap almost made blood shoot out of my eyes.

Good Luck.  I'm trying to think of any example where a franchise produced a sucky sequel then came back with anoter installment that was better than the last. "Aliens" is the only example that comes close and that was technically a first sequel outdoing the original.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 6, 2010, 07:42 AM »
I'm good with another, especially if they leave Mutt out of it.

Unfortunately, I think that's one of the least likely things to happen.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: March 6, 2010, 11:34 AM »
I'm with Rob, I am excited.  Yeah Indy 4 wasn't the greatest, but it was still Indy...and I still had a good time.  I think and I hope they are going to cut out some of the crap that was bad...it is still Spielberg for cripes sakes.  Have a little bit of faith :)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 6, 2010, 12:14 PM »
I was pretty happy with Indy 4 - about the only thing that bothered me with it was the last 10 minutes.  Everything else, considering the age of the actors, was great I thought.  They captured the 80s movie magic a lot better than I had expected.

For Indy 5, I really don't want to see any sort of alien stuff either.  I doubt we will... that would be two films in a row with a similar theme... doubt it's gonna happen, but I would love for Indy to find out about some former Nazis in Brazil who are gathering some sort of religious artifacts, and the adventure leads back to the Middle East with Sallah... I'd be fine with Indy, Mutt and Oxley teaming up with Sallah for a finale to the series.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 6, 2010, 12:45 PM »
Count me in for being excited at the possibility of Indy 5 as well.  As others have mentioned, Indy IV has its faults, but I still enjoyed it overall.  Not as much as the "original" trilogy of Indy films, but it was still a fun movie for me.  I hope they get going on this next one before Ford is 90 :).

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 6, 2010, 03:33 PM »
Count me in for being excited at the possibility of Indy 5 as well.  As others have mentioned, Indy IV has its faults, but I still enjoyed it overall.  Not as much as the "original" trilogy of Indy films, but it was still a fun movie for me.  I hope they get going on this next one before Ford is 90 :).

Well, with the tech from Avatar, can't they just make him any age they want now?  I'd love to see how a CGI 3-D Indy showing a youthful Indy would turn out.  If they can make that look good, they can make anything.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 6, 2010, 03:35 PM »
And of course it'll be in 3D because I guarantee you, someone is bouncing in their seat over the prospect of Indy whipping at the crowd so they scare the crap out of the audience.

Indy has been to the Middle East and India already, to the US and South America in 4 so I'm thinking he tackles an Asian mystery of some type.  Chinese maybe?

If not, get back to basics and go with another religious artifact and a trip around Europe again.  You can't go wrong with midieval castles.  Plus, you could still involve the Russians with a trip though Eastern Europe in full Cold War swing.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 9, 2010, 11:38 PM »
I will be there to see it and endure all the "Indy 5" was pure crap comments afterwards.  Like someone said we will finally get that Toht figure and hopefully that entire wave and the TOD to  ;D

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 12:48 AM »
I will be there to see it and endure all the "Indy 5" was pure crap comments afterwards.  Like someone said we will finally get that Toht figure and hopefully that entire wave and the TOD to  ;D

He could hump goats for 2 hours, and I'm happy it's done just so I can get that last wave of Raiders figures.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 10:02 AM »
I guess some people don't know when to stop.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 10:49 AM »
Indy 4 was okay IMO.  In no way did I feel like I was watching what South park depicted.  I would go see a fifth movie and happily buy any action figures they give us.