Author Topic: Cartoon Watchers?  (Read 5938 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon Watchers?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 10:09 AM »
I used to love the toons on after school and Saturday mornings.  Good times!  Apparently kids have lives nowadays.

Ducktales, Gummi Bears, and Rescue Rangers come to mind after the obvious.

I remember Big Guy & Rusty from late 90's?  That was a cool cartoon.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Not sure if we have any big cartoon watchers here, but I was just checking out this trailer for the new Avengers cartoon, and thought it looked pretty cool.

I saw there was some other animation news at SDCC as well, with four Marvel "anime" series coming to G4 (Iron Man - which they showed a bit of on G4, Wolverine, X-Men, and Blade), as well as a new Ultimate Spider-Man and Green Lantern cartoons on the way next fall (2011).  Not to mention the new Joe and Transformers stuff.

I'll admit that I'm a cartoon watcher from time to time, especially now with our daughter too.  I'll pop in the DVDs from the old G.I. Joe, Transformers, and He-Man - and also some of the modern stuff (pretty much anything superhero, Clone Wars of course, and anything our daughter likes - usually Spongebob :))

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 10:07 PM »
Cartoons are practically all I watch, Simpsons, Futurama, King of the Hill, Family Guy on occasion, Spongebob, Batman TAS, Justice League, Animaniacs, Looney Tunes and tons more. I love cartoons, they're just so much more fun than live action, especially since you're free to do practically anything in animation. I think a lot of people dismiss animated series as "for kids" but theres a number of very mature series out there that can be enjoyed by anyone. Gargoyles is a good example of this, that show has some great stories.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 11:25 AM »
Archer!  Best new series of 2010!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 09:25 PM »
A new trailer for the upcoming Avengers cartoon.  I think it looks pretty cool so far...and definitely much better than the 90s series.

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 02:33 PM »
Are Antman and Bumblebee girl in the new movie?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 01:42 PM »
Archer!  Best new series of 2010!

QFT

In full submission we are reborn, we are the ploughshare and yet we are the sword...

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Grew up with the likes of Transformers,Robotech,M.A.S.K.,MOTU,Voltron,Bionic-Six and SpiderMan and have followed the Iron Man - Armoured Adventures in more recent times as well as Wolverine and the X-Men.

Clone Wars of course also being the most followed for me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:21 AM by 501ST »
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 07:29 AM »
Same here, watched a lot of Hanna Barbera, MASK, TF, GI Joe as a kid. Years later we got Cartoon Network and such. I'm a huge fan of Ren & Stimpy, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, Spongebob, The Tick, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog and the short films of What! A! Cartoon! Brilliant stuff.

Now that I have a 5 y/o daughter and a nearly 2 y/o daughter, I watch quite a bit of Dora, Diego, Backyardigans (they're cool), Rocket Power and such.

But nothing beats Tom & Jerry and the Looney Tunes! Nothing.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 12:05 PM »
For those that are interested, Marvel.com has been running "shorts" of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes as a lead up to the October 20th premiere of the regular cartoon.  These are sort of similar to the original Clone Wars series, as they are "micro episodes" that are around 5 minutes long each.  Just thought I'd post it for anyone interested.

Also, it appears that the new Joe cartoon "G.I. Joe: Renegades" is scheduled to premiere on October 10th on the Hub (Discovery Kids).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 8, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Just a slight update to my earlier post, you can view all of the Avengers shorts (so far) online HERE.  I've been watching the new one each day, and I think the show looks pretty good.  Looking forward to it.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 9, 2010, 02:44 PM »
I like to watch some super heros clashes on youtube, heros vs heros or heros vs villians, Batman animated series, jla, superman, some from marvel: hulk, thor, captain america.

Also is nice to see these formidables foes speaking when delivering powerful strikes.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 4, 2010, 12:17 PM »
I don't know if anyone has been watching it, but the new Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon on Disney XD is pretty good so far.  I caught the micro episodes online (which are now put together pretty seamlessly as character-focused episodes on television), as well as the first four episodes of the season, and all have been pretty well done I think.  Worth checking out if you care about such things.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 09:32 AM »
Venture Brothers season finale last night!

Anyone catch it?

Freaking hilarious as always.
In full submission we are reborn, we are the ploughshare and yet we are the sword...

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 08:02 PM »
That was hands-down the funniest episode of the entire season.  There seemed to be a lot of slow points for season 4, and not much of a cohesive storyline.  Still a fantastic show, but I didn't think it held up to the standards set by the first 3 seasons.

But the finale... talk about fantastic!  Saved by Spanish Fly.  Most bleeps of any episode to date.  The return of Triana. 

And man... I want a Rusty Venture!

Here's to hoping season 5 is fantastic!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj