Author Topic: Cartoon Watchers?  (Read 9999 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon Watchers?
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2008, 10:09 AM »
I used to love the toons on after school and Saturday mornings.  Good times!  Apparently kids have lives nowadays.

Ducktales, Gummi Bears, and Rescue Rangers come to mind after the obvious.

I remember Big Guy & Rusty from late 90's?  That was a cool cartoon.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 09:46 PM »
Not sure if we have any big cartoon watchers here, but I was just checking out this trailer for the new Avengers cartoon, and thought it looked pretty cool.

I saw there was some other animation news at SDCC as well, with four Marvel "anime" series coming to G4 (Iron Man - which they showed a bit of on G4, Wolverine, X-Men, and Blade), as well as a new Ultimate Spider-Man and Green Lantern cartoons on the way next fall (2011).  Not to mention the new Joe and Transformers stuff.

I'll admit that I'm a cartoon watcher from time to time, especially now with our daughter too.  I'll pop in the DVDs from the old G.I. Joe, Transformers, and He-Man - and also some of the modern stuff (pretty much anything superhero, Clone Wars of course, and anything our daughter likes - usually Spongebob :))

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 10:07 PM »
Cartoons are practically all I watch, Simpsons, Futurama, King of the Hill, Family Guy on occasion, Spongebob, Batman TAS, Justice League, Animaniacs, Looney Tunes and tons more. I love cartoons, they're just so much more fun than live action, especially since you're free to do practically anything in animation. I think a lot of people dismiss animated series as "for kids" but theres a number of very mature series out there that can be enjoyed by anyone. Gargoyles is a good example of this, that show has some great stories.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 11:25 AM »
Archer!  Best new series of 2010!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 09:25 PM »
A new trailer for the upcoming Avengers cartoon.  I think it looks pretty cool so far...and definitely much better than the 90s series.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2010, 02:33 PM »
Are Antman and Bumblebee girl in the new movie?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2010, 01:42 PM »
Archer!  Best new series of 2010!

QFT

A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline 501ST

• Jedi Initiate
  • Deus Ex Machina
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 02:09 PM »
Grew up with the likes of Transformers,Robotech,M.A.S.K.,MOTU,Voltron,Bionic-Six and SpiderMan and have followed the Iron Man - Armoured Adventures in more recent times as well as Wolverine and the X-Men.

Clone Wars of course also being the most followed for me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 08:21 AM by 501ST »
A bank is a place that will lend you money if you can prove that you don't need it.

Bob Hope

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2010, 07:29 AM »
Same here, watched a lot of Hanna Barbera, MASK, TF, GI Joe as a kid. Years later we got Cartoon Network and such. I'm a huge fan of Ren & Stimpy, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, Spongebob, The Tick, Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog and the short films of What! A! Cartoon! Brilliant stuff.

Now that I have a 5 y/o daughter and a nearly 2 y/o daughter, I watch quite a bit of Dora, Diego, Backyardigans (they're cool), Rocket Power and such.

But nothing beats Tom & Jerry and the Looney Tunes! Nothing.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2010, 12:05 PM »
For those that are interested, Marvel.com has been running "shorts" of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes as a lead up to the October 20th premiere of the regular cartoon.  These are sort of similar to the original Clone Wars series, as they are "micro episodes" that are around 5 minutes long each.  Just thought I'd post it for anyone interested.

Also, it appears that the new Joe cartoon "G.I. Joe: Renegades" is scheduled to premiere on October 10th on the Hub (Discovery Kids).

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 8, 2010, 10:15 AM »
Just a slight update to my earlier post, you can view all of the Avengers shorts (so far) online HERE.  I've been watching the new one each day, and I think the show looks pretty good.  Looking forward to it.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 9, 2010, 02:44 PM »
I like to watch some super heros clashes on youtube, heros vs heros or heros vs villians, Batman animated series, jla, superman, some from marvel: hulk, thor, captain america.

Also is nice to see these formidables foes speaking when delivering powerful strikes.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 4, 2010, 12:17 PM »
I don't know if anyone has been watching it, but the new Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon on Disney XD is pretty good so far.  I caught the micro episodes online (which are now put together pretty seamlessly as character-focused episodes on television), as well as the first four episodes of the season, and all have been pretty well done I think.  Worth checking out if you care about such things.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 09:32 AM »
Venture Brothers season finale last night!

Anyone catch it?

Freaking hilarious as always.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2010, 08:02 PM »
That was hands-down the funniest episode of the entire season.  There seemed to be a lot of slow points for season 4, and not much of a cohesive storyline.  Still a fantastic show, but I didn't think it held up to the standards set by the first 3 seasons.

But the finale... talk about fantastic!  Saved by Spanish Fly.  Most bleeps of any episode to date.  The return of Triana. 

And man... I want a Rusty Venture!

Here's to hoping season 5 is fantastic!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj