Author Topic: JediDefender Fantasy Basketball 2009-2010  (Read 14668 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Basketball 2009-2010
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 12:44 AM »
I suppose I was due for some bad luck but it's starting to look like my hockey team out there. 
Johnson has a flu bug (minor enough)
Magette dislocated a finger
Thornton, my consolation prize off the wire after Collison and Millsap got picked up by others lands square on his back and basically misses a couple of weeks.
Robinson goes back to the bench after a grand two days of starting?  Yeah, not totally a surprise but he didn't play that bad. 

Yeesh.  I still can't pick the right center on the right day.  I figured I had it all sorted out with Magette and Thornton at utility and then Nash/Johnson/Durant/West in the first four and then picking from Gasol/Horford/Camby for the center slot.  Then it all went to ****.  I'm actually looking forward to the all-star break. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 09:01 AM »
Roy was just starting to hit his stride after a slow start when he went down with a hammy...real close still

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 02:06 PM »
I hate Gilbert Arenas.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2010, 10:39 AM »
Congrats Rob, awesome win considering the loss of Arenas.  

I had you tied last night for a short while (there was a three way tie at 46 points going into the fourth quarter of the Phoenix game), but only getting 5 points from Nash hurt.  Even more painful was having Joe Johnson not play.  Still, I think there was a point where someone else had taken a point from you but you got it back during the course of the night, so the margin got bigger.   

Pity, I was all prepared to come in here being a totally arrogant ass because I would have then been the 2009 champion in golf, hockey, football, baseball and basketball.  Missed it by that much.  Still, came close but really impressive to lose Arenas and still hold.  Congrats again.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:48 AM by Morgbug »

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2010, 11:38 AM »
Thanks.  Like I mentioned in the hockey thread, the more I looked at the numbers the more convinced I was that you'd be winning the whole thing.  Only about 20 points separated us from it being even closer... it was a difference of something like .002% in that category.  With no Arenas, no Lebron for the last 4 games, no Monta Ellis all last week (flu), and no Al Jefferson for 3 games (personal), and no Baron Davis for the last two (wrist), I was pretty convinced that one of you guys would pass me at the end.

And Ellis made 4 of 22 shots two nights ago but I gambled and started him anyway knowing that it would come down to points and assists... lucky me. 

So anyway, yeah, thanks.  I don't like taking a lot of credit for fantasy sports wins given how much luck there is, but I think this was one of the best drafts I've ever had playing these games with you guys, and it's always fun to win.

Now, to go change my tag to "*5-Time* JD MLB/NFL/NBA Fantasy Sports CHAMPION."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2010, 11:49 AM »
Congrats Rob!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2010, 01:10 PM »

Now, to go change my tag to "*5-Time* JD MLB/NFL/NBA Fantasy Sports CHAMPION."

I had a great tag all worked out, but you went and ruined it.  >:(

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2010, 01:17 PM »
COngrats guys on the wins/trophies.

I just have had some really crappy luck in hoops the last few years.  Roy and Butler just killed my team.  I was a little short of scorers, assists and rebounders.  But solid everywhere else.  Nobody really got hurt, they just played like ****.  Ginobli was a good make up pick but I didn't get a lot of help anywhere else.  Oh well...off to baseball

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2010, 04:59 PM »
That was painful.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2010, 05:00 PM »
I would have then been the 2009 champion in golf, hockey, football, baseball and basketball. 

That would have been cool (if hockey and golf had counted).

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2010, 05:36 PM »
I would have then been the 2009 champion in golf, hockey, football, baseball and basketball. 

That would have been cool (if hockey and golf had counted).

If Scott or Rob said that, I'd accept it but coming from you or Dressel it's meaningless.   :-* 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2010, 06:15 PM »
I definitely count hockey.  Golf, not so much.

Sorry for ******* up your perfect season.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2010, 06:23 PM »
Play golf one year, see what you say after that.  Ask Scott how much fun it is.   ;)

As for screwing up the season, winning only matters when other people try to win.  I looked back at the draft results and you had an awesome draft.  I basically did a coinflip between Nash and Roy and won that one. 

Offline JayDouble

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Let The Wookie Win!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2010, 06:57 PM »
Congrats Rob!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Play golf one year, see what you say after that.  Ask Scott how much fun it is.   ;)

Fantasy golf or real golf?

I used to play when I was younger and enjoyed it.  I went to the driving range before I moved up here last year and was very surprised that I could still hit a ball pretty well.  It'd been like 10 years, maybe 15.

As for fantasy golf, I did that one year too... just couldn't get into it.  So I bowed out from here on out mostly because of....

As for screwing up the season, winning only matters when other people try to win. 

....I didn't feel like I could add anything to the competition, so I figured I'd leave it for the serious fans.

I looked back at the draft results and you had an awesome draft.  I basically did a coinflip between Nash and Roy and won that one. 

Indeed.  The draft I had was stellar... I managed to find Ellis and Scola in late rounds, and had a replacement for Arenas when he turned into a dip**** again.

Dressel coin-flipped between Nash and Williams... looks like you won out there as well.