Author Topic: College Football 2009  (Read 11597 times)

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: College Football 2009
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 05:10 PM »
Craig James is now responsible for killing 2 football programs in Texas in his lifetime.

Good Job!!  The first time he took money from boosters and killed SMU..now his whiny "Little League Dad" attitude has killed Texas Tech over his 2nd string bench warming whiny prima dona offspring.

I have been wanting to get rid of Coach Leach all season, but not at the whim of a second guessing parent.

Can't wait till his Grandkids get into College Football..then he will have a chance at a tri-fecta/hat trick.  Hopefully they go to OU.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 8, 2010, 08:28 AM »
Congratulations to Alabama for joining Boise State as co-National Champions.  ;)
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2010, 07:15 PM »
Texas Tech hires Tommy Tuberville... hopefully Craig James approves...  I assume this means Tech goes from the high scoring spread offense to the wishbone or Power I?

I usually have College Football withdrawl about this time every year... now not so much.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2010, 07:52 PM »
Paul, have you heard the rumors that Craig James is planning to run for Senate? Remind me to vote for his opponent.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2010, 12:26 AM »
Folks in Knoxville are angry tonight.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2010, 06:58 AM »
Folks in Knoxville are angry tonight.

I'd feel worse for them if it wasn't a pain in the ass jerk like Kiffin. They should have expected it.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Kiffin is going to drag USC down.  He's a douche.  Tenn is better off without him.  They will eventually realize that.  Some of those people overreacted a bit.

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 9, 2010, 05:45 PM »
Death of the BIG XII?

Crap.  A few things that REALLY annoy me about this move... Pac-10 means night games, and I prefer to watch Texas Tech get beat in 11am (Cental) games so I can get over the pain before bed time and couldn't Tech have just gone to a Mountain West or reformed Southwest Conference so that they could win every once in a while?  Or maybe move them to the Big XII North, they could be champs there every other year or so.

I blame Craig James.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 9, 2010, 08:15 PM »
Death of the BIG XII?

Crap.  A few things that REALLY annoy me about this move... Pac-10 means night games, and I prefer to watch Texas Tech get beat in 11am (Cental) games so I can get over the pain before bed time and couldn't Tech have just gone to a Mountain West or reformed Southwest Conference so that they could win every once in a while?  Or maybe move them to the Big XII North, they could be champs there every other year or so.

I blame Craig James.

Yeah, this is obviously pretty big news here in Lincoln too, as all signs are pointing to the Huskers joining the Big Ten.  I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, as there are positives and negatives on both sides of things, but it is definitely going to change the entire landscape of college football one way or another if the Big 12 splits up.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Colorado has joined the Pac-10.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2010, 12:38 PM »
And looks like Texas played everyone for fools, "saving" the "Big 12" while also fixing NONE of the original problems. Apparently ESPN stepped up with a huge television contract in order to prevent the mega-conferences, which really makes no sense to me. How does the Big 12 losing a big TV market and a nationally popular team AND a end-of-season championship game justify a huge TV contract? And on top of that, Texas will make about $25 million a year from TV in addition to the ability to create their own TV network which will gain them additional money. Every other school is only poised to make $14 million from TV, which is THE ORIGINAL REASON WHY COLORADO AND NEBRASKA LEFT. They were sick of being screwed by Texas and making zero TV money while Texas made all of it. I give this new crappy conference two years before we have to go through all of this again.

Now the Pac-10 look like idiots for gaining virtually nothing, Colorado look like idiots for having to pay the Big 12 buyout when they're already strapped for cash, and the other 9 teams in the Big 12 look like idiots because they're spineless cowards who refuse to do anything independent of Texas. They're just Texas' bitches. Jury is still out over whether Nebraska made the right move or not.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2010, 12:52 PM »
And looks like Texas played everyone for fools, "saving" the "Big 12" while also fixing NONE of the original problems. Apparently ESPN stepped up with a huge television contract in order to prevent the mega-conferences, which really makes no sense to me. How does the Big 12 losing a big TV market and a nationally popular team AND a end-of-season championship game justify a huge TV contract? And on top of that, Texas will make about $25 million a year from TV in addition to the ability to create their own TV network which will gain them additional money. Every other school is only poised to make $14 million from TV, which is THE ORIGINAL REASON WHY COLORADO AND NEBRASKA LEFT. They were sick of being screwed by Texas and making zero TV money while Texas made all of it. I give this new crappy conference two years before we have to go through all of this again.

Now the Pac-10 look like idiots for gaining virtually nothing, Colorado look like idiots for having to pay the Big 12 buyout when they're already strapped for cash, and the other 9 teams in the Big 12 look like idiots because they're spineless cowards who refuse to do anything independent of Texas. They're just Texas' bitches. Jury is still out over whether Nebraska made the right move or not.

Yeah, the way Texas just dictated the entire thing is just frustrating.  Although I didn't want to see teams like Kansas, etc. left out in the cold, I was almost hoping the whole thing would just get busted up after we (Nebraska) and Colorado left.  As much as it stinks missing out on some of our rivalry games with Oklahoma, Colorado, and Kansas - I think in the long run the move to the Big 10 will be good for us.  It does seem as if they are just putting off the inevitablility of the super conferences though.  That being said, we've got one year left of Big 12 football play, and then we can start playing against the Gophers (for all the Minnesotans here) and other Big 10 teams.  Should be interesting.  Its too bad Texas couldn't have ended up getting screwed in the whole deal, but oh well.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2010, 01:04 PM »
I personally think Nebraska made a really smart move, the Big 10 (12?) is way stronger financially, has a profitable cable network that is shared equally and is just as strong traditionally as any of the other conferences in all sports.  I think the Big 10 should go after Kansas, Kansas St, Missouri and Iowa State and make the Big 16.  The Big 10 is and will always hold out hope that they can get Notre Dame to come into the fold but due to the NBC contract I don't see that happening

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2010, 01:18 PM »
It would have been Better to move Tech to the Big XII North so they could be North Champs every other year.

Sad to see Nebraska and Colorado leave, but oh well, they weren't winning every year like they expected to 15 years ago.  I know if it fun to blame UT for this, but Oklahoma and Texas A&M are going to get more money too.

The sad part is that this magical 11th hour deal could not have been struck before the Big XII started to collapse?

I am glad Tech avoided the Pac 10 though, I have no interest in watching all the "away" games being played at 9pm or later local time.

I am pretty sure this "More" money that the remaining teams are getting is not going to stop the monthly calls I get to "donate" to the University.