Author Topic: SDCC'10 Visionaries Maul & Owen Lars Comic Pack  (Read 42624 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: SDCC'10 Visionaries Maul & Owen Lars Comic Pack
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2010, 11:33 AM »
Well, Hasbro's never met a mold it didn't want to use twice, so I'd say the odds of seeing a proper ANH Owen are pretty good.  I'd love to see him on the vintage card as well.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 09:42 AM »
I'd like a single-carded Owen, too. He and Beru are due, in my opinion, for OT release, especially on vintage cards.

I would have to agree.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 02:24 PM »
I am just so happy I can be done with the 1997 version, I love ditching POTF2 sculpts.

I think I will give him to my 15 month old daughter. When she walks in my SW room she refers to him as "Baby". He is one of her favorite figures next to "Slonik" (Max Rebo. Slonik mean Elephant in Ukrainian.) Not sure why she thinks he is a baby he looks like a newborn hamster due to the molding color of his skin but at least he will still be loved.....

I would not mind seeing Owen on a basic card but not sure if he will get there. If he does, great!
Beru is not as terrible as the Owen figure so I can still tolerate that sculpt.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2010, 04:22 PM »
Jeff got a cool close up of this pack

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2010, 04:46 PM »
What's the silver accessory in the lower-right corner of the image supposed to be?
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2010, 05:46 PM »
What's the silver accessory in the lower-right corner of the image supposed to be?

I noticed that too. I read the Visionaries comic yesterday to figure it out, but I have no clue - perhaps it's a wire that connects to Owen's rifle. In the comic, Maul smashes Owen's rifle in half over his head, so perhaps it's a wire for the "damaged" version.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2010, 07:08 PM »
That Maul is blech, but I love the Owen... 

Judging by what you CAN see exposed from the coat, it looks pretty true to his ANH digs, and perhaps a good repaint figure down the road?  I like the headsculpt, the shirt collar looks about right...  I'm down for a repaint on that one I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2010, 07:25 PM »
I don't read comics and will likely never open this set when I get my mitts on it, but can someone give me a quick rundown of how/why Maul got robotic legs and decided to "battle" Owen (I get the Luke thing - I guess)?  Also - what's up with his lightsaber and unshaven horns?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2010, 08:06 PM »
I don't read comics and will likely never open this set when I get my mitts on it, but can someone give me a quick rundown of how/why Maul got robotic legs and decided to "battle" Owen (I get the Luke thing - I guess)?  Also - what's up with his lightsaber and unshaven horns?

Well, the story had Darth Maul surviving his little pitfall. If you recall from TPM, Maul lost his lower half. So like Lt. Dan, he got some new legs. If I recall this portion of the story, Maul attacks Luke to lure Obi-Wan out of hiding and exact revenge. Well, Owen doesn't like strangers (Maul) on his farm, so he attempts to blast him away. It didn't go too well for Owen, whose gun was cut to bits.

As for the long horns... if you had nothing below the waistline, would you really bother any longer? I know for me that I'd really let myself go... sweatpants, never leaving the couch, no showering, shaving, or brushing my teeth...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2010, 11:12 PM »
I like this set.  I'm actually more excited about Maul than Owen.  Not a big fan of the Infinities "What If?" storylines, but he's a very cool and different figure than anything we've seen before and looks pretty well detailed.

Mike - the story indicates Maul has been following Kenobi for some time and often just missing him.  Laying in the shadows and constantly chasing Old Ben has probably not left much time for grooming.  I'm not sure about the lightsaber, but it makes sense that he had to build a new one after TPM.  Looks like he just picked a more curvy design to work with.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2010, 11:46 PM »
The ending of the story's pretty cool.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 1, 2010, 02:08 PM »
I am TOTALLY down for getting this set!

I thought it was a cool What If kind of story. I think the Maul rocks!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 1, 2010, 02:33 PM »
I like Maul more than Owen (I'm a big Darth Maul fan).

As for the storyline, it's interesting that Maul had followed Obi-Wan to Kamino, Geonosis, Mustafar, AND Polis Massa. I just don't get why he has an Asajj Ventress-esque curved lightsaber.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: July 1, 2010, 03:01 PM »
The ending of the story's pretty cool.

Because you can finally say "Wow, that pile of ****'s over!", or something, right? ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 1, 2010, 07:07 PM »
Because you can finally say "Wow, that pile of ****'s over!", or something, right? ;D

No because after the heated battle between Maul & Obi-Wan, it's pretty cool who ends up defeating Maul in the end.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!