Author Topic: SDCC'10 Visionaries Maul & Owen Lars Comic Pack  (Read 42748 times)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: SDCC'10 Visionaries Maul & Owen Lars Comic Pack
« Reply #60 on: July 1, 2010, 09:26 PM »
I'll be happy to get this, but even happier if this Owen ends up on a vintage card.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 1, 2010, 09:29 PM »
I'll be happy to get this, but even happier if this Owen ends up on a vintage card.

I agree - even if they end up being exclusives, I would love to finally see Beru and Owen on ANH Vintage Cards.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 7, 2010, 01:12 PM »
Detailed pics at JediInsider

Looks purdy. I might have to pick this up now, even though I originally had no desire. Love the packaging!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 7, 2010, 01:16 PM »
^^ I really like this set now! The packaging is absolutely beautiful, and the paint apps on Maul are very good. I expected this to be around the $19 range, but its only $14.99!!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 7, 2010, 01:21 PM »
I had no clue this is a "box" set.  Kinda neat I guess, but unnecessary IMO.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 7, 2010, 02:09 PM »
I had no clue this is a "box" set.  Kinda neat I guess, but unnecessary IMO.

The Cammie/Fixer set is coming the same way. I saw a preview of it on a G4 Special on Celebration V - one of the segments on the show was about the Hasbro memorabilia and they showed off the Bounty Hunter mis-name pack and the Cammie/Fixer Comic Pack.

I kinda like it - it makes the set stand-out from the others. I think they may have gone ahead and done this box packaging 'cause they probably have even more Comic Packs that were in the pipeline and a comic pack makes total sense as far as an exclusive for a show like SDCC. I would totally be happy if each year we got a really great comic pack as the SDCC exclusive.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2010, 02:11 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jono

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2010, 07:10 PM »
That Owen needs to be given a Vintage Home!

The packaging for this set is very nice -the concept ? To each their own.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 07:11 PM by jono »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2010, 08:07 PM »
I just realized Uncle Owen has no articulated ankles. And this is definitely the year of Cyborg Maul - first an action figure, next an incredibly beautiful Premium Format Figure.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2010, 11:39 AM »
So who is supposed to have this online? HasbroToyShop.com or StarWarsShop.com or both?

I know they said that quantities were limited, but they say that all the time and then figures like the Stormtrooper Commander are still available a year later...  :-\
Peter

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2010, 11:40 AM »
Both HTS & SWShop
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2010, 02:26 PM »
So who is supposed to have this online? HasbroToyShop.com or StarWarsShop.com or both?

I know they said that quantities were limited, but they say that all the time and then figures like the Stormtrooper Commander are still available a year later...  :-\

It seems this time, though, that quantities are EXTREMELY limited. They were making a limited run in the first place for attendees at SDCC, but I think it's any leftovers that are getting sold on HTS and SWS, if there are any.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2010, 09:35 PM »
Well - if quantities are "VERY limited" - I hope thast means that they aren't so "VERY limited" that Brian's toys can sell plenty of sets at $40 and HasbroToyShop.com and/or StarWarsShop.com sell out in minutes after they're posted online. >:(
Peter

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2010, 11:16 PM »
Every exclusive at shows like this have "extremely limited quantities", and I think they probably are a shorter production run.  However they've rarely proven difficult to get online, so I wouldn't worry.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2010, 01:36 AM »
It's actually available for order now from StarWarsShop.com

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?topcatID=1300264;product_id=1321850&ReferrerID=CJADBN-00001

I just placed my order, so I'm happy, this is one less convention exclusive I have to worry about.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:01 AM by Jesse James »
Peter

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2010, 11:50 AM »
I went ahead and nabbed it now, rather than wait to see if there was anything else on HTS to get with it.  Rarely is.