Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 182846 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #285 on: November 9, 2010, 05:40 PM »
FYI - BBTS  has them in, they are processing my order but not my extra Lukes and Gammoreons. I also picked up Embo and the Droid Gunship those are in stock too.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 9, 2010, 06:47 PM »
Yeah, my order at BBTS is processing now as well, really excited to get this wave.  Now I'll just be able to focus on picking up all the extras I'd like to get from this nice group of figures.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 10:16 AM by Brian »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 11, 2010, 10:18 AM »
These are definitely starting to hit Targets out there, as our local store stocked a case of them as well this morning.  Nice that they hit during the sale, and hopefully they'll be out in good numbers.  I have a feeling many people will want a number of those Gamorreans.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #288 on: November 11, 2010, 04:32 PM »
I just missed them this morning, I backed out from going last minute then saw local reports. I should have trusted in the Force...

Still waiting for my ship notice from BBTS. I will try my local Target tomorrow. I would not mind getting the sale price on extras.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 12, 2010, 03:09 PM »
I came across this Wave at 3 different Targets as well as a K-Mart, of all places. The cheap Target prices can't be beat though. I only bought the 4 I was interested in - Wooof, Wicket, Ackbar and Gammorean Guard.

Initial thoughts:

You gotta be choosy with the Wooofs, there are some funky looking ones where the helmet/cowl/whatever doesn't fit right. I'm sure it's fine if you open it and jimmy it around, but I had to go through a couple before finding a good MOC version.

The Wicket is pretty underwhelming, it just seems like not much there, especially compared to the Gammorean, which is about the heaviest figure I have ever seen on a cardback. What a sweet sculpt that is, a great achievement.

Ackbar is just plain terrific. I love the facial detailing and all-around effort they put into this one. Winner of the bunch, IMO. But then I loves some Mon Calamari.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 12, 2010, 09:33 PM »
Can't wait to crack some of these open. They all look fantastic.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2010, 01:18 PM »
I got 6 of the 7 at Target yesterday at lunchtime (Wicket was long-gone, oddly enough), and I have to say that this might be the best single wave of figures that Hasbro has ever done.  Every individual figure hits it out of the ballpark, and I can honestly look at each and say, "There's nowhere left to go" in terms of improvement.  The Gamorrean Guard is huge and incredible, Ackbar is outstanding, Wooof is great, Luke is probably the best Jedi Luke we've ever gotten, the Endor Rebel is the perfect army builder (although alternate heads would be great), and even R2-D2, who seems to be the "meh" figure in the bunch at first glance, is perfect, with all those accessories that integrate so well into the design.

Hasbro really hit it out of the ballpark with this wave.  After the repack/retool-a-rama in the ROTS wave, they've redeemed themselves. :)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Hi guys, just to look at the evolution of this wave! Great job Hasbro
Jedi Luke has got slim and taller than tlc version, he looks elegant.

This is teh way we want Hasbro to evolve Hoth Luke, Dagobah training Luke and Dagobah Landing Luke.

Ackbar is the guy we want to see seat with his console, near his Mon Calamari officers. Good caught from rotj scenes.

the Gamorrean guy would be an expert in kung fu, cause this buddy comes with three weapons ( 2 axes and the staff)
 Superb!!
I have been looking the reviews on galactic hunter and jedi-business, and expect to buy these figures.

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2010, 12:35 PM »
Found this wave today at Walmart for $6 each...cant beat that....anyways, love the G.Guard, but his skirt is HUGE....

please forgive the phone camera quality but a quick 'before and after'

BEFORE: cute skirt, dude!!!!

AFTER: this aint your daddy's gammorean guard...this guy is packin!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 01:29 PM by AmanaMatt »
Waiting for you in my special place...

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 14, 2010, 04:01 PM »
Ackbar and G. Guard STILL look great, for the final products. The skirt on the G. Guard is kinda poofy, though, but it's still a great presentation.

GH says that the cards are coming in unpunched. I personally don't care whether or not they are (since I'm an opener), and I bet retailers will be frustrated with unpunching every single one as they are put on the pegs...

Took a look at Luke on GH's photo archive. Man, what a great figure, Hasbro! I thought it was interesting though that in every single carded picture we've seen shows him in the bubble with the two lightsabers next to him, while the final product has him actually holding the lit lightsaber diagonally across the bubble.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 14, 2010, 04:45 PM »
AmanaMatt, your skirt mod looks really nice.  thanks for the pics!

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 14, 2010, 09:45 PM »
AmanaMatt, your skirt mod looks really nice.  thanks for the pics!

Thanks! In the end, I probably went a tad too short with it....the real issue is the poofiness of the material...........I should have meantioned that I found the whole wave unpunched - except for the R2, so yeah, they are apparently shipping that way.......not a real issue for me - if I can find them that way, great...if not, great too

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 14, 2010, 11:50 PM »
I should have meantioned that I found the whole wave unpunched - except for the R2, so yeah, they are apparently shipping that way.......not a real issue for me - if I can find them that way, great...if not, great too

So I'm guessing they weren't hanging from the pegs, right? Were they on some sort of display?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 15, 2010, 01:20 AM »
Found this wave tonight when a friend wanted to do a late night WM run. I scored Ackbar, Wooff, Endor Commando and the G. Guard. Left Wicket and Bar2 on the pegs. Luke seemed to be the only one missing. Rang up at $6.96 despite the pegs saying $6. I also had unpunched cards, but they were hanging from the pegs - someone just punched the card enough to where it could hang on the pegs, but the little thingy was still hanging on.

I'll open em up tomorrow, but I can already tell these are gonna be great.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline AmanaMatt

• Youngling
  • Breakdance Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 15, 2010, 02:07 AM »
I should have meantioned that I found the whole wave unpunched - except for the R2, so yeah, they are apparently shipping that way.......not a real issue for me - if I can find them that way, great...if not, great too

So I'm guessing they weren't hanging from the pegs, right? Were they on some sort of display?

I cracked open a case, but same thing for the punched ones on the shelf...the punched thingee was still attached to one side
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 02:08 AM by AmanaMatt »