Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 182840 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #315 on: November 17, 2010, 07:06 PM »
Wedge is delayed - no final word on when he will be making it out.  He had issues with his head/neck area according to Hasbro and they wanted to fix him and get him right.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #316 on: November 17, 2010, 07:27 PM »
I don't know if anyone has noticed yet, but Wedge and his card are pictured on the back of the Ackbar card.  The pic they chose is perfect. 

I found this entire wave today and can't say how impressed I am.  The guard and Ackbar in particular are hall of fame figures. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 17, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Personally, I'm glad Wedge is pushed back.  I'm still having a headache from seeing so many orange flight suits in the line the past couple years... I guess if I didn't still see old comic packs at Wal-Mart of Rebel pilots, I might feel different though. 

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: November 17, 2010, 09:06 PM »
Personally, I'm glad Wedge is pushed back.  I'm still having a headache from seeing so many orange flight suits in the line the past couple years... I guess if I didn't still see old comic packs at Wal-Mart of Rebel pilots, I might feel different though. 

Damn, is it the set with the Quarren pilot? Those actually sold quickly by me, and it's one of the few holes in my collecion.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: November 17, 2010, 09:20 PM »
Unexpectedly saw this wave at Target for the first time, picked up Luke. Distribution has been on the spot compared to the red phase of LC. I honestly didn't expect to see these so soon.

Luke is absolutely great - Hasbro never needs to re-visit this sculpt again. Unless they do a DSII version over again. I am so impressed with this figure beyond words, I was reeling it over in my head on the way to the register if I really wanted this guy, or if I should just not buy it.

All that were missing was G.Guard and Yoda... is Yoda supposed to be in this wave? What happened?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #320 on: November 17, 2010, 09:33 PM »
Yoda is dropped for now and will be released later (next year) on a Prequel-theme card.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #321 on: November 17, 2010, 11:09 PM »

Damn, is it the set with the Quarren pilot? Those actually sold quickly by me, and it's one of the few holes in my collecion.

Same with me.  Those were long gone here.  The last WM exclusives lingered here though (Mohc/Battledroid guy and Weir/Storm Commando Scout guy), and I even saw those not long ago for $11, and still not selling.  The series with the Ewoks didn't blow out the door from the previous wave though, but then again nothing blows out the door in the line anymore.  And the Ewoks even sold slower than the Rebels, though slightly, around here.

The Evolutions sets were beat to death, but Hasbro's saying Rebel Pilots have done well, and continue to do so...  I think it's a situation like repaints, at least a little, and that they know people like army building Rebel Pilots and we'll be seeing more...  especially pilots with lines, or "unique" looks or something.  Just the last Q&A even said something about that, IIRC.

Wedge I'd have liked a couple of.  There's other pilots I'd like more though.  Like I'd enjoy a new Biggs Pilot...  The one we have is absurdly tall.  Garrick Hagan's really not that much taller than Mark Hammil.  I could stand a new Porkins too, though that's one I'd probably equally live without since out of Rebel Pilots he's probably one of the lamer, due to his girth. 

Wedge is up there with Dak though, for relative genericness...  And Dak flew (no pun) off pegs here.  He only started backing up once the ROTS wave was out a good while and the ESB Wave reshipped.  And after Target's sale, and WM's $6 price,  Dak is once again gone here...  unless you count TRU, which I've written them off as a fair comparison since they're even absurdly priced compared to K-Mart now. 

A new head, new helmet...  new figure, I guess.  It's an easy formula to fill out a wave for little money, and squeeze in some new tooling obscurity too.  I certainly like that over a random Clone repaint I guess. :)

No more 3-packs it seems, but I wouldn't be shocked to see pilot/droid sets, or more of the Endor-type sets, at some point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 17, 2010, 11:24 PM »
Yoda is dropped for now and will be released later (next year) on a Prequel-theme card.

Aaw, I was really looking forward to this figure. But I can understand why he would be getting a new card, the figure itself is too PT for an OT card.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 18, 2010, 12:39 AM »

Aaw, I was really looking forward to this figure. But I can understand why he would be getting a new card, the figure itself is too PT for an OT card.

Exactly. Happy to see the delay.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 18, 2010, 09:25 AM »
Are the POP's from the figures in this wave eligible for the various mailaway promotions? (Bric and Boba) The numbers do not seem to match up to the ones listed on the forms. Are only Vintage figs from the first wave eligible?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 18, 2010, 01:22 PM »
So yeah, I grabbed one of each of these from this wave last night.  my quick impressiosns:

Gamorrean Guard:  awesome.  I wish his helmet stuck on better or didn't come of at all, but that is not a biggie.  I tried replicating what the guy did over at RS.com to his but I couldn't move that belt around so much.  I ended up soaking his soft goods in water to de-poof him.  This stuff retains water a lot, I soaked him last night and as of this morning he was still pretty wet.  Gonna have to set him some place else to help him dry more or else he might start to smell like he looks...

Ackbar:  pretty great all the way around.  Mine looks like he is leaning slightly to the left from the torso up.  Quick question, what are his accessoires, do they have names?

Jedi Luke:  wow!  the hips are perfect imo.  I am not too certain how I feel about the look of his wrist articulation - but everything else about him is great.

Woof:  I was really excited about this one since I never had him as a kid.  But when I picked him up and opened him I wasn't as "wowed" as I expected I would be.  His skin tone seems too light - I think he should be the same skin color as the one we got in the Legacy collection last year.  I also wish his helmet fit better - or possibly didn't come off at all.

Bar2-D2:  pretty neat.  as I expected.  Not going crazy over him.  took a min to figure how to lower the middle leg.

Rebel Commando:  I like him a lot.  I have read a lot of complaints about the head sculpt.  the sculpt doesn't bother me at all - I think his skin tone is a touch too pink.

Wicket:  He looks great - love the lil bugger.  For some reason mine has a looser left leg and if you move it around a bit it will fall out.  I like both of the head gears but prefer the ROTJ look - it just looks better imo, and I am a fan of the cartoon.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:26 PM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #326 on: November 18, 2010, 03:10 PM »
I loved this Luke figure so much that I made him my standard ROTJ base for all of his outfit changes. FYI - I will be changing out Jedi Lukes gloved hand soon

I also modded a few of the Rebel commandos to have some variety:

My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 18, 2010, 03:16 PM »

Yeah - two Wal-Marts in my area had to clearance those out for $4.00 to get about a dozen of them to move.  Another still had a couple for $11.00 as of a month ago in the clearance aisle. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #328 on: November 18, 2010, 03:51 PM »
So how badly does the vest restrict the arm movement, JACK?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #329 on: November 18, 2010, 04:34 PM »
So how badly does the vest restrict the arm movement, JACK?

JJ, It restricts to a great extent but the movement is still better than what it was previousl on the old troopers. It looks decent and I think it's worth trying. You can always swap them back. Until we get different styles this will hold me over and gave me an excuse to retire the Saga ones. I am still keeping the Saga2 ones in the mix.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/