Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 182863 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #360 on: November 23, 2010, 09:06 AM »
I did some Ewok hood swapping last night and it came out ok.  I bought 2 Wickets of course, that way I could have one in each hood (just what Hasbro wanted me to do).  In doing so I ended up with 2 extra hoods (1 movie, 1 cartoon).  I ended up digging out an extra Paploo/Nho'Apakk set that I had from the legacy line to see what the swaps would look like. 

I ended up giving Paploo the extra cartoon version hood and Nho'Apakk the extra movie hood.  Nho'Apakk looked decent imo with the ROTJ hood - kinda making it look like more of a feminine Ewok.  Paploo looked ok too with the cartoon hood; however, since he is pretty close in size and fur color to Wicket he didn't look that much different than Wicket with the cartoon hood.  I did leave his Paploo's belt on.  I will up a pic later if I remember.

Wicket is great and all - but doing all of this swapping last night made me miss the whole 2 Ewoks in a pack thing...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 23, 2010, 12:40 PM »
Ordered this wave on HTS Sunday morning, and just got the box 48 hours later.

What an outstanding wave.  I can't get over how awesome the Gamorrean is in particular.  I'm getting a dozen of these guys.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #362 on: November 23, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Don't like that what is apparently a Senate Duel Yoda has the ESB pic on a ROTJ card.  Hmm.

Me either.  It's sacrilege.

From HH:

1) What happened to the Vintage Collection Yoda that was shown this summer? He was shown with the RotJ wave, but hasn't been listed in any of the case assortments for either the RotJ wave or the AotC wave. Was he postponed into 2011 like Wedge or was he dropped altogether?

** We actually pulled him out of the waves to redo the card art to be reflective of the Senate Battle Yoda from Episode III that we first envisioned. He will find his way back into the line in early '11.

Whew.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 24, 2010, 12:05 AM »
From HH:

1) What happened to the Vintage Collection Yoda that was shown this summer? He was shown with the RotJ wave, but hasn't been listed in any of the case assortments for either the RotJ wave or the AotC wave. Was he postponed into 2011 like Wedge or was he dropped altogether?

** We actually pulled him out of the waves to redo the card art to be reflective of the Senate Battle Yoda from Episode III that we first envisioned. He will find his way back into the line in early '11.

Whew.

I'm happy we're seeing him in early '11 and not sometime in early/late '12. I'm honestly surprised they're putting him back in the line so fast.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #364 on: November 24, 2010, 12:19 PM »
I'm happy we're seeing him in early '11 and not sometime in early/late '12. I'm honestly surprised they're putting him back in the line so fast.

Oh, I don't give a **** when, or even if that prequel abomination comes out at all.  I'm just glad that when he does, it won't be on that classic vintage cardback.  That's what I was whewing about.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 24, 2010, 01:10 PM »
But Matt, he WILL be on a classic vintage cardback, it will just be ROTS instead of something cool like ROTJ or TESB.

Which begs the question, why wasn't he released on an OT cardback?  We still don't have a decent version of Yoda from TESB.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:11 PM by ruiner »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #366 on: November 24, 2010, 03:42 PM »
I was thinking they were avoiding characters already released on vintage cards...  Snowtrooper slipped into Legends with Bossk, and IG-88, no classic Han or Luke, etc.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 24, 2010, 03:46 PM »
I think a new tvc Yoda (from esb or rotj) must depict an utility belt over his cloak.
Other requirement would be a neutral facial expression (aotc Yoda figure shows a fighting expression), plus a better paintjob to match his skin tone.

His head in modern line is medium size, perhaps the most accurate.

Head dimension improved in tvc gamorrean version, cause potf2 figure was kinda "papaya head"; then it diminished and sculptors sharpened his profile.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 03:46 PM by EpicGon »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #368 on: November 24, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Got this wave today (no guard...) and man these are some great figures.  And I jumped up and down when I opened Wooof beccause it was an actual NEW FIGURE!!!

However, if all resculpts were this good, I'd be fine with almost anything being redone.

And, there's some reuse of parts in this wave that are done very well.  The rebel's legs, Wooof's face.  This sort of thing doesn't botehr me at all, and Hasbro should plan to use parts this well in the future...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #369 on: November 24, 2010, 08:26 PM »
Woof's face is re-used?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #370 on: November 24, 2010, 08:33 PM »
I've read a number of people who have said that Wooof and Giran had the same head, but they look pretty different to me...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #371 on: November 24, 2010, 08:44 PM »
I just did a comparison, as I'd forgotten about Giron.

They're different headsculpts...  First the neckpegs don't fit each other, but there are subtle differences in the 2 chin spikes, the ears, etc.  The expression is even almost identical but has a slight difference.

It's incredibly subtle, but it is a different sculpt for sure.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #372 on: November 25, 2010, 12:17 PM »
Yeah...they do look different, but man, they are close.  I assumed they tiny differences were the tooling and paint, but yes...there are slight differences. 
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 26, 2010, 04:06 AM »
So Giran and Wooof are the same alien species? I had no idea of that before, it kind of makes me regret not picking up Giran now...
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #374 on: November 26, 2010, 03:15 PM »
So Giran and Wooof are the same alien species? I had no idea of that before, it kind of makes me regret not picking up Giran now...

I just opened this figure today and it ranks near the top of what Hasbro's done for action figures in recent years. They couldn't have chosen a better fabric for the soft goods. It's too bad they didn't design the heads pegs for Giran and Wooof to be interchangeable. It would have been very cool to be able to make both the green and gray face version of "Klaatu" from the '83 Vintage line.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird