Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 182832 times)

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #420 on: January 1, 2011, 01:09 PM »
Drugs!  Vintage gamorrean a step backwards?! Best likeness of a star wars character in a figure ever period.

I said the hip joints were a step backwards, not the whole figure. The likeness is the best GG ever and worthy of its praise (gushing), but I'd like more functional poseability to go with it. That's why I say he's overrated.

He is growing on me...and I'm pleased there's a popular army builder that's not a clone. Who'd have thought that sandtroopers and clone troopers would be massed on pegs while a green pig man was hard to find? 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #421 on: February 2, 2011, 05:54 PM »
Wave 3 Case Rev 11

If this is how they release Wedge...color me pissed :-X
« Last Edit: February 2, 2011, 05:56 PM by Scott »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 2, 2011, 08:24 PM »
Yeah, that wouldn't be too cool. However, I'm sure he'd find his way into other assortments.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 2, 2011, 09:27 PM »
At least it'll be another way to give us the ROTJ wave!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #424 on: February 2, 2011, 10:19 PM »
I think because of certain marketing rules, they had to release him in a ROTJ wave asst.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 2, 2011, 10:32 PM »
No need for more Vaders and Sandtroopers to be clogging the pegs. I wish those would be taken out and replaced with more G. Guards.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #426 on: February 3, 2011, 03:14 AM »
Vaders aren't really pegwarmers here, but I think they could do without a lot of those choices for sure.  Hell, the Klaatu's the only guy I see from the ROTJ wave anymore.  He's it.  One.  He's at K-Mart.  He has his own peg and everything.

The assortment definitely stings though.  Double up on Endor Rebels, Gammies (hell, triple those), 2 Wedge's, 2 Wickets, 2 Duel Lukes, etc.  I'd probably order a case.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 3, 2011, 11:40 AM »
The ROTJ wave sold through so fast each time it was stocked in my area, I have no issue at all with these figures being restocked... the only stinker is the Clone Trooper in my opinion. Even if they get the helmet painted better and fix the yellowing issue, it's still weird looking.  But other than that, I have no problem at all with this wave coming out again...

As for Wedge, maybe they're thinking that they need to limit his production, like they did with Dak.  I personally am fine with that because I'm burnt out on orange flight suits and up until recently, was still seeing Dak at Target and the Rebel Pilot comic packs at Wal-Mart... and the Evolutions pilots are still collecting dust at TRU, even marked down to $14.98... maybe that's just my area... but wow.  I am a bit burnt out on the color orange.  But for those that are craving Wedge, hope he's not too rare.  But I will get one, or none.  Just not interested.

Regarding Vader, yeah he's not needed at this point but I can't recall the last time I even saw one.  He always sells... and man that Gamorrean really should be packed heavy.  At the very least he needs to be carried forward in more waves in the future.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 3, 2011, 02:16 PM »
Yeah, the ROTJ wave flew off the pegs here pretty quickly as well, with only an odd Ackbar, Wooof, or Endor Soldier hanging here or there.  For the most part, the stores have been at a stand still with figures lately.  Target's vintage section has been empty and starting to get taken over by CW/Legends, Wal-Mart is jammed full (but most of it is Clones and Sandtroopers), and TRU has basically nothing but a Dengar or 4-LOM that have been hanging there since they first got them.

I'd be happy to see more ROTJ wave out there, as it is such an outstanding wave and I'd always take more Gamorrean Guards if I could find them.  Personally, I hope Wedge is easy to find.  I can understand the lack of enthusiasm for more pilots from some, but to me Wedge is one of the main "supporting" characters of the OT, and we all know how well represented he has been in the lines.  He never even got a vintage figure back in the day, and we're still waiting for a non-exclusive modern one.  I'm glad it worked out that he will appear on a vintage card, and I'll be picking up a couple unless he turns out horrible for some reason.  One of the unsung heroes of the Saga, and I'm glad he's finally getting a regular release.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 3, 2011, 03:24 PM »
Yeah, he does deserve to be in the regular lineup... if Dak can make the cut, then Wedge certainly does.  Could even put that Wedge head on a Dak body I guess and give yourself a Hoth version of Wedge...

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #430 on: February 3, 2011, 04:13 PM »
Yeah, he does deserve to be in the regular lineup... if Dak can make the cut, then Wedge certainly does.  Could even put that Wedge head on a Dak body I guess and give yourself a Hoth version of Wedge...

Agreed. BTW - The CP Steakhouse Waiter Wedge head fits perfectly on the Snowspeeder body, all you have to do is get an extra helmet.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 3, 2011, 04:18 PM »
Still waiting for the ROTJ wave to show up locally. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline RichardTheBloody

• Jedi Initiate
  • I find your lack of pants...disturbing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 3, 2011, 06:01 PM »
Still waiting for the ROTJ wave to show up locally. 

I just found it at Polo TRU this morning, so you should check it out. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #433 on: February 3, 2011, 07:35 PM »
Except Wedge is rocking the hood...  And I'd say it's only your area with all the Daks, CHEWIE.  Everyone I've talked to anywhere said he was one of the better sellers out of wave 1. ;)  Even K-Mart and TRU sold out of him and they were higher prices.

I see the same 2 Evolution Rebel sets (the last ones that were general release) at TRU.  Of course though, since I could've counted probably 30 of just THAT set at one point at my TRU, I think that's actually pretty good sell-through.  At least here.  I'd probably buy those last two if I wasn't buying other stuff, but 2 are lingering on here.  The only other orange I've seen routinely is Hoth Luke Pilot...  He's around. 

I think Wedge would do just fine doubled up in the case then.

First, he's getting his first basic carded figure, ever.  He's one of the rare background guys to make it into all three films so that's kind of amazing he's getting his first basic carded figure in 2011.  Second though, it's also putting a "Vintage Wedge Card" out there which is up there with a Vintage Fleet Trooper, Tarkin, Han Stormtrooper, etc., that people may buy just for the carded aspect of him.  And then of course he's an army builder to some degree.  He's fairly generic in the most common Rebel pilot uniform (short of the helmet deco) in the films.  It's debatable by a pretty big margin as to how well pilots sell, but Hasbro says they do and have kept putting sets out because of it, and so far I know I've seen nothing to disagree with that.  So I think doubling up on him would be a fine thing since Wedge has been long overdue for a basic carded figure.  I know I'd probably actually keep a carded one of him if he's easy enough to find.

ROTJ wave sold here, so I think the assortment isn't horrible, but floatching chair Yoda and the Clone have to go, so there's two slots.  I'd remove the Sandtrooper too (I like him, but he's around).  That is the first three cards on the list even!  :)

I'd also pull Woof and R2 w/Tray.  I'd also consider pulling Ackbar actually.  Woof, Ackbar, and Bar2 (saw Bar2 the most by far) were the three of Wave 3 that I saw linger at all, despite ROTJ's selling pretty well.  Those three still started to stagnate, and like I said, one Woof is even hanging around for some reason.  Why not squeeze in more of the army builders and such from Wave 3 that really would be nice to have in some more abundance.  I'd triple up on the Gammie, 2 Wedge's, 2 Endor Rebels, 2 Lukes, 1 Vader, 2 Wedge.  I'd probably buy 3 cases right now of that. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 3, 2011, 07:55 PM »
4 Wedges a case, huh?  ;)

I've never seen R2 from that wave. I may have seen Luke once. I can't remember. I rarely buy Lukes; they always look bad to me. The ROTJ ones that lingered here, barely, were Wooof and the Commando.