Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 182833 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #480 on: March 20, 2011, 03:22 PM »
I'm opting to keep voting the price-hikes down...  Improvements are improvements and all, but at this stage of the game I'd rather just tell Hasbro to piss off with at least 50% of my business.  I've probably got 40 501st Troopers using previous sculpts I'm going to keep.

Same on the 212th and others...  The price-hikes have killed my interest in "updates" unless they're one-off characters I think.  Even then...  it's a tough pill to swallow, ever, if it's only minor.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 20, 2011, 05:56 PM »
I can't fault you at all for that Jesse.

What I'm doing is saving some of each army builder I replace and putting them in a box - that way if my son ends up liking this stuff, he's got an instant army.  I did that with GI JOE, which is cool because at least 50% of what he has, I already had boxed up from 2007-2009 and gave to him.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 12, 2011, 03:14 PM »
I was at WM last night and the pegs were packed (with massive helmet clones and Woof).  Of the 60 TVC figures they had on the pegs 20 were Woof, about 15 were the ROTS clone, they had about 15 Sandtroopers, 5 Anakins and then a handful of Ackbar and Endor Rebels.

So I was in the same Walmart I mentioned in the above post from March, and they had 19 Woof, so apparently it'll only take another 40ish months for them to work through this backlog of Woofs :)  I know its just a freak thing about this store (or someone bought up Woof/Clonetroopers/Sandtroopers and dumped them all at Walmart), but its funny to see this particular backlog.
I am not the Stig

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #483 on: June 4, 2011, 11:49 AM »
I went to K-Mart in NYC (one of the few places that has SW figures in the city) and their pegs were cleared out, with a tag stating they were "out of stock." Hell, even Forbidden Planet didn't have anything new past the Legacy collection. Distribution is crappy right now, it seems.

I'd like to support brick & mortar stores, but they make it difficult. I ordered wave 7 online.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2011, 11:50 AM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline 77Skywalker

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 6, 2014, 11:34 PM »
The figure that I was just so really excited for in this entire toy wave was truly Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker.  I especially liked there was a place he could hang his lightsaber.