Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 182871 times)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2010, 12:55 AM »
Very happy with this wave. Can't wait for Wicket, Ackbar, and the Guard.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2010, 12:08 PM »
Something seems off on the Gam Guard...not fat enough?  He must be missing the soft goods

Government anti-obesity policy creeps into the funniest places.  BMI was too high.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2010, 05:52 PM »
I really like what they did w/ the prequel cardbacks... Anakin, Sidious, and Grievous are probably my favorites, the way Hasbro fitted the character image looks great. And the image of Sidious and Clone Trooper against the background look great.

I'm wondering what Hasbro will do w/ Jedi Luke for the ROTJ wave... he didn't get a "Jedi Outfit/Final Duel" cardback in the Vintage days, did he?
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2010, 08:22 PM »
In the vintage days, they did luke from jabba's palace... other than that no. I think the new luke cardback photo will be the scene when luke throws his lightsaber away then he refused the emperor offer.   I want to see Wedge's cardback the most, I am sure it is my icon photo.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2010, 08:33 PM »
I am excited for this wave.  Ackbar, Wooof, Gam. Guard (the missing fur is annoying) are fantastic.  Wicket is finally redone.  Luke, R2, Endor Commando are ok.  Wedge is Wedge but excited he is coming on vintage card.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2010, 08:55 PM »
In the vintage days, they did luke from jabba's palace... other than that no. I think the new luke cardback photo will be the scene when luke throws his lightsaber away then he refused the emperor offer.  

Although that would be a great picture, I personally would like to see this image of Luke

Especially since we got a really crappy action figure based on this image way back in 2003.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 08:56 PM by Jabba the Slug »
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Gam. Guard (the missing fur is annoying)  

I wouldn't be surprised if the final sample includes plastic/softgoods fur. Besides, all we've seen so far are prototypes.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2010, 09:10 PM »
As cool as this wave is, seeing Wedge on the card finally will probably top everything.  I expect the photo they use to be the one Matt has as his icon.  This and the Sandtrooper really make this line for me.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2010, 09:27 PM »
Interesting picture choice.  Essentially the point where Luke is farthest from being a Jedi and closest to taking Vader's place at the Emperor's side. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2010, 09:53 PM »
is it my eyes or is wedge using x-wing luke body ? because he looks different than the one that came with the x-wing.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2010, 10:14 PM »
is it my eyes or is wedge using x-wing luke body ? because he looks different than the one that came with the x-wing.

It would appear so judging by the belt hole for the saber. He also has the new SS Luke style helmet as does Dak. I hate that body, I hope this was a mistake. If so I will buy it for the helmet upgrade.

Photo from Galactic Hunter:
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 10:17 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2010, 10:40 PM »
Well according to Wookiepedia Wedge and Luke are both around the same height, so I think it's actually more film accurate than the "normal" pilot body. I do want to know which Wedge headsculpt they used though, as the eyebrows on the Target X-Wing one make it look pretty bad.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2010, 02:58 PM »
According to the slideshow, Wedge will be removed from the ROTJ wave because Hasbro's still perfecting his facial sculpt. Oh well. :(

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2010, 03:00 PM »
Interesting picture choice.  Essentially the point where Luke is farthest from being a Jedi and closest to taking Vader's place at the Emperor's side. 

True that, but many kids/collectors won't be taking that into consideration. They might take a quick glance at the picture before eventually brutally ripping open the package.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 23, 2010, 06:16 PM »
According to the slideshow, Wedge will be removed from the ROTJ wave because Hasbro's still perfecting his facial sculpt. Oh well. :(

Yeah, that's a little disappointing, but as long as we get him eventually (and hopefully a better one with the changes), I'm ok with it.  I suppose he'll be in one of the 2011 waves, since I believe they are switching to "mixed" waves at that point.