Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 182865 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #330 on: November 18, 2010, 05:08 PM »
Looks like you're already enjoying those Rebels... looking at that picture makes me appreciate the tin set head one even more, it looks like the best of those four heads by far.  I'm glad I have a couple of that head still.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #331 on: November 18, 2010, 05:35 PM »
Looks like you're already enjoying those Rebels... looking at that picture makes me appreciate the tin set head one even more, it looks like the best of those four heads by far.  I'm glad I have a couple of that head still.

I am having fun with this whole wave, it's the best! The tin head fits a little loose but will not fall off either, it works well and sure looks better off of that dated body. I am going to experiment with a few more head that will not need to be dremmeled. Despite me making tons of customs I like to have clean swap with the stuff I keep in my collection. I may have to make a Nik Sant though...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #332 on: November 18, 2010, 07:29 PM »
I picked up Wicket, Luke and another Gammorean today.

The Luke is great...although an articulated chest (ala AOTC Obi-Wan) would have been great...although it probably would have hurt the sculpt.  Minor gripe.

I'll have to get another Wicket to display in his "Frodo" garb.  I really like the ball-jointed hips!

I will need two more Gammoreans for my Jabba's palace display.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 18, 2010, 07:38 PM »
Picked this wave up this morning at Target and loving all of them.  My Ackbar has a worker's hair in the bubble though - at least I assume it's from a factory worker.  First carded figure I've seen this in since I started collecting.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #334 on: November 18, 2010, 08:00 PM »
I got Luke and R2...  All that I could find tonight.  Luke is nice, but I'm still not disappointed in the last Luke personally.  I like the hips though, and it's very accurate looking.

R2's not nearly as different, so I'm happy.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #335 on: November 18, 2010, 08:23 PM »
R2's not nearly as different, so I'm happy.

I agree, I really though he was going to be noticeably smaller but thankfully he is not. I like him more than I thought I would. I am torn at which R2 should be my standard this one or the Resurgence.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #336 on: November 18, 2010, 08:33 PM »
I'm actually very taken with this R2.  As much as I love and wanted the Sneak Preview version, this one actually is better.  The fact that he's smaller is barely noticable at all.

Luke is nearly perfect.  he destroys all previous versions.  The likeness is pretty good, not nearly as good as some of the more recent Luke's, which is the only real drawback for me.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 18, 2010, 09:12 PM »
Luke already has a variation.

Funny, I just scored the figure yesterday (sans peg for the lightsaber hilt). ::)
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #338 on: November 18, 2010, 09:16 PM »
Mine I just bought has the pegged hilt it seems.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 18, 2010, 10:23 PM »
Glad to hear that R2's smaller size isn't really that big of a deal.  Not that I open my figures, but I was disappointed when I heard the news for some reason after accumulating so many different droids over the years....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 18, 2010, 11:13 PM »

Thank you, thank you. Been thinking about doing those mods myself. Glad they work.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #341 on: November 18, 2010, 11:20 PM »
I think I'll do one of the vested troopers.  I'm sure I have a vest here somewhere.  Thanks JACK.  I figured it'd be better than the previous verison.  Most of the troopers on Endor are rocking the vest.  I hope Hasbro redoes them (and then gets to a nice blonde Nik Sant).  Then I'd like to see the POTF2 and/or Vintage Trooper redone too.  They're different, but mostly only minor...  I'd at least like the POTF2 Trooper redone.

I'd dig an homage to the vintage with the camo hooded coat on, but opened too though.  It's a neat possibility I think.

Love the Endor Rebs...  I'm a little disappointed in him being bald is all.  The Sergeant was done perfect for Sideshow's 12" figure.  Very accurate to the guy in the coat.  Hasbro's is close in the face actually, but he shouldn't be bald, so I'll be at the least headswapping.  I have a military figure with a perfect sculpt I think, that I'll use someday.

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 19, 2010, 08:58 AM »
It's probably mentioned somewhere in this thread.  Is Hasbro going to release Luke on a different cardback later on?  I'm buying both versions if they do, but was just wondering if anyone knew? 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #343 on: November 19, 2010, 09:36 AM »
It's probably mentioned somewhere in this thread.  Is Hasbro going to release Luke on a different cardback later on?  I'm buying both versions if they do, but was just wondering if anyone knew?  

From what they said in a Q&A, yes.

Thank you, thank you. Been thinking about doing those mods myself. Glad they work.

No problem! Glad you and Jesse found the pics useful, I was hoping some would.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:38 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #344 on: November 19, 2010, 10:06 AM »
Can't wait to get this wave.

Is there any place that breaks down the kinds of troopers on Endor? I know there's the trenchcoat guys, the vest guys and the fatigues guys. Were there any more?

And on the same topic, were they supposed to be the Rebel's special forces team? I would assume they didn't just send grunts to take out the shield generator.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram