Author Topic: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ  (Read 182838 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 2010 "Vintage" Collection Wave 3 - ROTJ
« Reply #465 on: February 28, 2011, 02:00 AM »
Boy I wish he had some hair, haha...  My buddy I grew up with looks just like that guy and it creeps me out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 12, 2011, 03:45 AM »
Pleasantly surprised to see that this wave is still shipping.  I found 3 sealed cases of the ROTJ wave tonight.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 12, 2011, 09:27 AM »
Pleasantly surprised to see that this wave is still shipping.  I found 3 sealed cases of the ROTJ wave tonight.

Was it one of the older case packs or was it the new one with Wedge in the mix?

I'm really hoping that Wedge ships in at least one of the mixed-movie waves (we know it can't be Wave 7 since that case has been revealed) - he is at the top of my list of OT characters that I finally want to get on a Vintage-style card.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 12, 2011, 10:36 AM »
No Wedge's in the cases I found.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 15, 2011, 05:05 PM »
Other than one instance at a Target about a month ago, I haven't seen any signs of this wave being stocked since mid December.

But, I did score a Gamorrean Guard at a collector show over the weekend for $10.00 - shocking!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 05:10 PM by CHEWIE »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 15, 2011, 07:12 PM »
My Walmarts have been putting this wave out the last couple weeks.  I found a Gamorrean Guard on 2 occasions a week apart.  That figure is worth $10.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 07:12 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #471 on: March 15, 2011, 07:20 PM »
Wave 3 came and went here really fast, so more of it would be welcome...  It's a shame when it first showed up it was $7.99 and now, not so nice.  I'll keep my eyes peeled though for more when I'm out though.

2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 16, 2011, 12:13 PM »
Yeah, this wave really came and went quickly here as well - more so than any other recent wave really.  Hopefully we'll see more of them again, or they are incorporated into Legends or something.  So many nice, "ultimate" versions of characters here between the Gam. Guard, Wicket, Ackbar, Luke, etc.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 19, 2011, 03:34 AM »
I'm surprised to see Endor Rebel making a return - yet no sign of any other of the ROTJ figures. Even Wooof is gone, and he was one of the lingering figures.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 19, 2011, 05:20 PM »
I'm surprised to see Endor Rebel making a return - yet no sign of any other of the ROTJ figures. Even Wooof is gone, and he was one of the lingering figures.

He's repacked in Wave 6.  You probably saw him as a remnant of that wave.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 19, 2011, 06:36 PM »
Really? Hmm, that's interesting, I hope that's the case here. The only thing, though, is that the shelves haven't been restocked for like a month in my area... hopefully Wave 6 will start to trickle in, but I'm hoping I'll see some of Wave 4 first. I could really care less if I miss that horrid Wave 5.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 19, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Well, I've seen remnants of Wave 6 a couple times now.  At different TRU stores, no sign of new figures in a while, then all of a sudden each store had one Endor Rebel, one Obi Wan, one orange Clone, and one R2-D2.  All four of those are carry forward figures in Wave 6. 

Funny, because it's been a week later and the Obi Wan and the orange clone are still at both stores as of this morning.  God, that clone sucks.  I hate every aspect of that figure, and something tells me if they had just repacked the 2006 version both would have sold right off the bat, or if they had used the new mold they're using for the AOTC body, with a nice helmet, they would have sold fine.

This is easily my most hated sculpt of the past decade, on anything.  There are other figures that suck, but this mold seems to be the bane of the entire vintage line and one of the worst pegwarmers I've ever seen.  Everywhere you go, you see that damn mold (usually all white version, of course with the green helmet)... it makes Yarna seem like a rare find.  If they had just put the investment toward a better figure, it wouldn't be a problem... if they had made it look like my proposal below, I don't think this figure would have been a pegwarmer at all.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 20, 2011, 12:48 AM »
Good news Chewie...

There will be an Ep. III clone with the new body this year. I'm sure the helmet will look good on the final figure, judging by what we've seen with the Ep. II clone and Commander notFordobutcomeonreallyweknowitisFordo. I'm sure ALL of the clone repaints won't be too far off. Quite frankly, I welcome them with this new body sculpt.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 12:28 PM by Jeff »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #478 on: March 20, 2011, 02:53 AM »
Yeah it's sorta funny they did the 212th on the old body and now this guy will have the new body...  Seriously though, is everyone going to replace armies they've amassed with the new sculpt?  I doubt many do.  I mean, it's all about the price at that point.  I can't justify more army building at a point when the line's too expensive as it is.  If anything I've cut my army building down to a stand-still really.  *shrugs*

I probably would've picked up 20 501st Troopers using the new tooling a couple years ago...  Not now.  I'm into the one I'll get in a case I order and call it a day again.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 20, 2011, 10:49 AM »
Yeah, I know the 501st is coming out with that body, but I'm not convinced on the helmet looking right (though it's a lot better)...

I wish that Hasbro would send reps out to gather those clones that are pegwarming, wash those helmets so they are white, and then distribute them to kids for Christmas... and that Wave 7 repack, pull it from the assortment and replace with a Gamorrean or Magna Guard.

Then, bring us a NEW Phase 2 clone using the body, and a good helmet.  Doesn't need to be removable.

As for replacing my armies with the new sculpt?  I think, if the figures look like a step forward, I'm willing to.  But it won't be having 20 of each squad, or anything like that.  I'd buy about 5-6 of each Phase 2 clone color scheme if they looked right, but about a dozen all white ones.