Community > Conventions

Mexico Convention

<< < (2/5) > >>

Carrie M:
Hee hee!!  :-*

So, where are those pics that Dustin posted? I'd like to see 'em.

Scott:
http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=43924

JediMAC:
Looks and sounds like everyone had a great time there Carrie!  I was hoping to see you sitting up next to Joe in that picture of him speaking, but I guess you were off galavanting...

I was originally going to go to that convention with a buddy of mine, but when the Silver Fett became available elsewhere, we decided to settle on the slightly less exotic San Diego Comic Com instead...   ;)  Are you and Joseph going to that one as well?  If so, I'd love to meet up with you guys at some point!   8)

P.S.  We've missed you 'round here...   :-*

Scott:
You may also like this one

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/mexico03/DSCF0076.jpg

Carrie M:

--- Quote from: JediMAC on July 14, 2003, 09:50 PM ---Looks and sounds like everyone had a great time there Carrie!  I was hoping to see you sitting up next to Joe in that picture of him speaking, but I guess you were off galavanting...

I was originally going to go to that convention with a buddy of mine, but when the Silver Fett became available elsewhere, we decided to settle on the slightly less exotic San Diego Comic Com instead...   ;)  Are you and Joseph going to that one as well?  If so, I'd love to meet up with you guys at some point!   8)

P.S.  We've missed you 'round here...   :-*

--- End quote ---

Awww, thanks Matt.  :-*

I did sit up there with him until things got going, his nerves got to him a bit.  :)  There are plenty of pictures of me at the Mexico Convention out there, but I couldn't tell you who took them. One of the more memorable photo-ops was about 12 of us crammed into the huge Silver Fett bubble that Hasbro had there. We called it the gringo multi-pack.

We're not going to the San Diego Con, but we'll be at DragonCon in Atlanta next month, I can't remember if I asked you if you were going. I would LOVE to hook up with you and the missus at some point if you'll be in Atlanta, or some other time in the future.

That pic of Joe being interviewed is great! I was in the background right off to the side (you can't see me in the pic, though). I had just gotten him a soda, and walked up to give it to him, then saw the camera and ran off to the side quickly. Whoops!

Also, I have to give props to collector and translator extrordinaire, Isaac Lew. Not only did he help me with my Spanish (or lack thereof) a bunch of times, but he translated for several presentations, and was just an overall very sweet, very smart kid.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version