Author Topic: Mexico Convention  (Read 9525 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Mexico Convention
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2003, 12:01 PM »
Also, I have to give props to collector and translator extrordinaire, Isaac Lew. Not only did he help me with my Spanish (or lack thereof) a bunch of times, but he translated for several presentations, and was just an overall very sweet, very smart kid.

I still give props to Isaac (and Bill) for hooking me up with a couple of really cool collecting t-shirts!   8)

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2003, 09:51 PM »
Yep, those t-shirts are great, Matt. Here's a pic that Gus Lopez took of a custom t-shirt made by Luis Villagomez. He made them for several people in the group for the convention. Definitely drool-worthy.

Carrie, collector of Tusken-y things.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2003, 10:02 PM »
Here's a pic that Gus Lopez took of a custom t-shirt made by Luis Villagomez. He made them for several people in the group for the convention. Definitely drool-worthy.

I hope that everyone at least got their own personalized shirt, and that Gus's name wasn't actually on the back of all of them!   :P

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2003, 10:31 PM »
Isaac just updated the Archive site with some photos and coverage of the Mexico Convention, so for those of you who would like to see more pictures, here they are! I'm in a couple of them this time. Joe's all over the place, as usual.  ;)

Mexico Convention Pics
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 10:33 PM by CoruscantCourtesan »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2003, 09:19 AM »
Those are great pictures Carrie. The VIP picture is super as there are a few names I recognize from the forums.  8)
Yep, Joe's all over the place & your there too.  ;)
Love that large action figure Gold Card.  ;D
Looks like a fun time had by all!  :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2003, 02:30 PM »
Thanks for the link Carrie!  Those are some great pictures, and it's nice to put some faces with the names for all those vintage collecting studs!  Looks like everyone had a blast.  So exactly how old is Isaac, and how the heck did he get so deep into the vintage world at such a young age?!  I believe he's like 17, right?  Very impressive to see a young fella like that mixin' it up with the rest of the old farts in the vintage community!   ;D

Oh, and I see Carrie...   ;)   Your hair's really getting long (especially in that group shot)!   :-*

« Last Edit: July 25, 2003, 02:31 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Carrie M

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2003, 01:56 AM »
Vintage collecting "studs". Hee hee.

Yeah, my hair's getting longer and longer. DISCLAIMER: we didn't know a picture was being taken at that moment /DISCLAIMER

As for Isaac, I think he's 18 now. I don't know how he got involved with the vintage crew, but he's been in it for some time now. Even being as young as he is, he seems to fit in just perfectly.