November 1st has come and gone and we have just wrapped up our first Custom Contest
I'd like to start off by thanking everyone who entered a custom in the contest. We received a bunch of really good entries. I was impressed at the variety of different figures we have. Our 'theme' this time around was any character off of our Top-30
list that we sent in to Hasbro for the Fan's Choice Poll. It was a fairly wide open topic, so I was expecting to see some variety, but I was astonished to see that everyone submitted a different figure. That should make this a very close race.
Now that we have all of our entries it is time to vote on the winners! (Just when you thought election season was over
) Whether or not you submitted a custom, we encourage everyone to vote. We are going to have three categories to vote in, and they look like this:Most Production Level
- This doesn't necessarily mean the 'best' overall figure. What we are looking for here is the figure that looks like it would be something that we would get from Hasbro. This refers to the paint, the sculpt/part choice, articulation and things of that nature. Most Creative
- Fairly self explanatory. See a figure you really like and it appears to have taken a stroke of genius to make it? Vote for that one. Most Unique use of Non-SW Parts to Create a Star Wars Figure
- Recognize a part from a GI-Joe figure? Have no idea where a set of arms come from but know they don't belong to a Star Wars figure? Vote for it here.
There are a few rules to the voting process:
- Please pick only one figure for each catergory.
- You can only vote for a figure once (i.e. you can't vote for the same figure in more than one category.)
- Entrants were allowed to enter more than one figure, so you can vote for two figures from the same customizer, as long as they are for different categories.
- Voting for your own figure is allowed, but generally isn't the classiest of maneuvers.
- There will only be one winner in each of the three categories.
- Fraudulent voting or ballot stuff is grounds for disqualification from this and all future customs contests
- You must be an active JediDefender.com Forum member to vote
- You can submit your vote either by posting here in this thread or sending me your votes via PM.
- When voting please make sure to list the categoy, followed by the name of the customizer and then the figure of your choice for each of the three categories
- Voting will run until 9 PM Pacific on Wednesday November 18th (That's two weeks.)
- Please keep this thread strictly for voting. Use our Discussion thread for feedback and discussion.
It's fairly simple, but by all means if you have any questions let me know. In addition to the three main categories, The JD Staff will also be picking two additional figures for the Judge's choice category.
As an added inncentive to vote, everyone who votes is also going to be eligible to win a prize. Everyone's name will be put into a hat (figuratively speaking) and we will randomly select a winner. The winner will get 2 TLC Spacetroopers to help build your Imperial Army.
The entries are all listed below. Enjoy looking through all of the great customs. It sure is going to be a close contest. Thanks for voting!