Author Topic: New or Redone Clone Commandoes?  (Read 14431 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
New or Redone Clone Commandoes?
« on: November 16, 2009, 03:41 AM »
Hasbro hinted at us in a past Q&A, as to what our readers were thinking about possible new Republic Commando figures, based on the new Evolutions figure sculpt (seen to the right):  

Their specific question:

One of the things we're wondering about is whether fans would like to see an update of Delta Squad with the new (Evolutions Republic Commando) body, or would rather see new Republic Commandos.

So that's the question being posed to you, our readers...  Would we rather see Delta Squad updated using the new more articulated body?  Or would we rather see all-new Commandoes created using this spiffy new super articulated body?

While I'd like to see both, I'm going to kick off this thread with what I'd prefer over the other.  Please give your information and I'll see to it the concensus are sent in to Hasbro in the Q&A after next one (answers are due this week)!

(Just for my sanity try to limit conversation in the thread here and just slip your vote in with any comments in one post, kind of how we handle our Fan's Choice voting here...  one per person and all that jazz, thanks!)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 03:45 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New or Redone Clone Commandoes?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 03:44 AM »
And as promised I'll kick it off...

Personally I'd prefer getting Delta Squad updated using the more articulated sculpt.

They're popular, have been in novels and a good video game.  I "connected" with them whereas the other EU Commandoes not so much.

Vote...  Hasbro's actually looking for our input on this one. :)  It'll go in with the next batch of Q's we send in here at Jedi Defender, so I'll leave this thread open till those are mailed off.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 08:46 AM »
I'd be more interested in doing updated versions of Delta Squad using the new sculpt, personally, so count my vote in that direction. :)

That being said, I wouldn't be against new versions of the rest of Omega Squad down the road either.  But Delta would be the priority.  I guess with whatever this whole animated CW retcon controversy winds up doing, Omega might theoretically be an Infinities entity before all is said and done.  Pity, too, as I'd love to get a figure of Kal Skirata sometime in the future as well.

Offline Theta 288

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 09:07 AM »
Yes! YES! we want the updated Deltas! and if its possible Omega Squad as well its all matter of paint not big deal for hasbro, and perhaps the White Commando released in the comic pack,

See am a big fan of RC, not so sure how many RC fans are aware of this topic cuz most of them are members of other forums.

if Hasbro release all previous colors in special the white one( if H make it easy to find), will try to make an army, am a big fan of Theta Squad Comic & heard that many died at Geonosis apart of those 36 incapacitated from the comic & reported to Delta leader in the game.

Oh! come on Hasbro make our dreams come true!

here are my RC guys!

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 09:09 AM by Theta 288 »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 09:13 AM »
Meh. Whatever. If they do 'em, I'll pick 'em up, but I'm happy with the ones released thus far.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 09:38 AM »
I think I'm going to say I'd rather see new Commandos.  As much as I'd love to get better articulated versions of the ones we have already, newer ones are just slightly more exciting.  That said, once they release a squad or two of new commandos, they should rerelease the older paint jobs on the new body.
I am not the Stig

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 09:51 AM »
I'd be for a new Delta Squad with the new body sculpt.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 09:52 AM »
The new RC sculpt is nice, but it's not a home run as far as articulation goes, and I don't like the legs for some reason.  Because of that I don't want to buy and wouldn't buy a new set of characters I already have.

Would I buy new RC's?  Maybe, but I don't want a new run of Delta until Hasbro gives me what I would consider to be the ultimate sculpt.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 10:35 AM »
I really have no interest in rebuying the released Delta/Omega squad members again.  Once was enough for me.  I guess I'd rather they give us new characters/colors if they crank out that mold again...  :-X
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:36 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 11:28 AM »
I don't need the Delta Squad again. I'd rather they release a blank white repaint of the Evolutions sculpt first, and on a single card so it can be army built.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 12:36 PM »
I really have no interest in rebuying the released Delta/Omega squad members again.  Once was enough for me.  I guess I'd rather they give us new characters/colors if they crank out that mold again...  :-X

/agreed with this and what efranks said.

I probably wouldn't re-purchase these figures, but if there was going to be any chance of me rebuying them they would have to be super-articulated - swivel shoulders don't cut it.

Offline darth_sidious

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 01:27 PM »
I bought the Delta Squad the first time around, so I would not buy it again.  If the commandos make an appearance in the CW series - I'd be interested again, if not - the only thing I'd really be interested in is a clean version on basic card.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 02:47 PM »
I was disappointed when I opened up this Evolutions pack and found out the Republic Commando didn't have a removable helmet.

If they update the Delta squad, doing a removable helmet would be better.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2009, 02:49 PM »
Meh. Whatever. If they do 'em, I'll pick 'em up, but I'm happy with the ones released thus far.

I am with DA on this, I am happy enough with the the Saga2 ones. The "New" SA Commando is not that great of an upgrade to begin with. I rather they update the whole sculpt before they reissue them with the more articulated legs that look a bit out of proportion. Start over then redo them when they truly can be SA in the shoulders. I always upgrade when a figure is upgraded and rereleased but this could be the first time that I would actually pass because it's not enough of an upgrade.

I am also afraid the deco would not be as good if rereleased. this years figures seem to lack the paint ops of years past.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline darthgizka

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 06:08 PM »
I would really love to see new omega squad but deltas are cool too, they need to have removable helmets though.
I also would like to see a Kal Skirata. ;D