Author Topic: New or Redone Clone Commandoes?  (Read 14426 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: New or Redone Clone Commandoes?
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 07:44 PM »
I would love an updated Delta Squad.  The lack of articulation kept me from buying the earlier pack.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 07:57 PM »
Personally, I would love to see a SA version of the clone commando.

A while back I made one using the body of a Microman. That armor is hollowed outed.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Flembar

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 12:03 AM »
new new new new new

forget the re-dos.  for crying out loud.  the last versions looked just fine--I dont want multiple versions of same darn thing... i want NEW FIGURES

so there.

-Rash-

::) :o :-*
No more resculpts!!

Give us NEW FIGURES!!!!
NEVER BEFORE DONE FIGURES!!!
ALL NEW ALL THE TIME ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 02:01 AM »
Keep your votes coming in, and there's nothing says I can't voice some opinions expressed in this thread too (I will pass bigger concerns like the shoulder joints along, and a link to the thread).
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 02:28 AM »
No real interest here.  We're 3 or 4 years removed from the release of the Republic Commando game.  A cool game, yes.  But one of the coolest Star Wars games we've ever seen?  I'm not sold on that.  From a gamer standpoint, I still see more interest from people about KOTOR, The Force Unleashed and more recently Star Wars - The Old Republic.

Perhaps if the Commandos showed up in the Clone Wars animated series I could get more excited about them.  But I'm generally kind of cloned out.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 03:32 AM »
I'm all but finished with Prequel collecting but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Delta squad updated. Beyond the SA sculpt I think some updated gear and some more realistic paint jobs would also be in order. I'd probably pick up a set if Hasbro felt inclined to redo them. And it does sound like they have plans to release more commandos, so I;d rather it be an updated Delta Squad than some made up clones, or clones I've never heard of.
"This is the way."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 10:11 AM »
I think it's a nice idea, but I'm a little tired of the Commandos and don't need redos just for added articulation.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2009, 01:45 PM »
man, this is quite a toss up for me. I'd like better articulation, however, I don't see me doing much with these guys other than a pose similar to the maquette. As close as I can get to that. If they came as a boxed set and REASONABLY priced, then yes, I'd want them. By reasonably priced I'm talking $25. Maybe $30 if they came with their specific guns/accessories. 

Otherwise, if Hasbro can't hit that pricepoint, then no, I don't need to own them again, just for an upgrade.

(I really can't believe I just said that...)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline edwin.ramirez2@us.army.mi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2009, 06:44 PM »
I WILL LIKE TO SEE DELTA SQUAD AND NEW COMMANDOS .

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2009, 07:49 PM »
Read the thread please before you vote so you know what you're voting for.  Ed, you have to pick one or the other (remade Delta Squad, or new figures), otherwise your vote will not be tallied for this.  Also please abide by the rules on multiple posts/conversation.  One post, one vote, and all that stuff.

Thanks guys!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2009, 09:04 PM »
My vote would be for us to get remade Delta Squad - like Jesse stated in his vote - those are the Commandos that I have identified with through the video game. I really have no sense for the Commando that came in the Evolutions set or the all black ones from the Mandalorian sets.

I would also appreciate it if they were to update the weapon that comes with Sev - I know he also has the regular Commando rifle, but it would great if Delta Squad's Sharpshooter actually had, well, his sniper rifle.

(sorry if that second bit deviates from the voting, it has always bothered me that they didn't give Sev his sniper rifle in the TSC box set)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 10:35 AM »
Hmm, I suppose I didn't address the vote correctly either.

So I choose between redos of Delta Squad or all new Commandos.

Here's my problem with this. If it's an all new squad, then I know I'm going to want Delta to be redone. If it's just Delta being done, then I would prolly pass as the figs we have a good enough.

So I'll have to make my final vote no to both... (is that a choice?)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline manglord

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 05:50 PM »
After seeing the improvement on "Scorch" made by Phruby, how could i say no? I'd like to see them maybe at least have some wrist articulation, maybe even a lil' bit taller. The paint apps don't bother me, as i could paint my own, but ball jointing a whole squad for myself, so i can have some articulation is just out of the question for me at the moment. I'd buy them gladly providing they were given a killer update and a sniper rifle for "Sev". Count me in.

Offline shiny

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2009, 08:44 AM »
Removable helmets and full articulation, count me in! Instead of packing it with geonosians, you can also add in a couple of those white commandos! 

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2009, 02:03 PM »
Not even sure how "good" the Evo sculpt is, but of course it won't have 30 poa like a Microman body  ;D Commandos, troopers and Jedi should be articulated to the brim and Hasbro's a long way from that goal.

But I'd welcome an updated Delta Squad, because the old mold is one big disappointment. Kinda like the first Cody was as well. No need to redo Omega, anyone older than three can spray paint 'em black, so to speak.

Removable helmets? I say 'nay'. Never liked 'em on the troopers, they're way too big and the chins always peep underneath them.

:)