Author Topic: Celebration 5 Exclusive Camie & Fixer Comic Pack  (Read 30323 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Celebration 5 Exclusive Camie & Fixer Comic Pack
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2010, 03:13 PM »
Luke calls 'em sandmines that Camie's cat leaves dotting the landscape.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 16, 2010, 04:25 PM »
My set is on order from HTS, along with Maul/Owen, and 4-lom/Zuckuss.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2010, 06:51 PM »
Got an email from SWS saying my order shipped! Hopefully I get it by this weekend.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2010, 10:11 PM »
I too ordered Maul/Owen, Zuckuss/4-LOM and Camie/Fixer, mine shipped yesterday

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2010, 11:12 PM »
Mine shipped here the other day, but my road's being paved and is closed in the day, so I'm guessing I won't get it for a couple days now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2010, 11:22 PM »
I put my order in on August 12th and it hasn't shipped yet.

I'm not too impressed by that. 

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2010, 11:27 PM »
Everyone is experiencing the same slow shipping. Mine shipped on 8/14 still waiting...
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 10:53 PM »
Everyone is experiencing the same slow shipping. Mine shipped on 8/14 still waiting...

Is this the same for the Maul/Owen set? I placed my order in a while ago too (maybe three weeks ago?) and I still haven't got it. Oh well.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 11:32 PM »
Camie and Fixer arrived tonight...  My road work is, i think, mostly done and so the Fed Ex guy came in late...

Very cool figures.  I like that they're not necessarilly aimed at the comic and more at the films.  I'm a little disappointed that Fixer's coat is sculpted to his torso, not separate.  They're both nicely articulated figures though, and Camie's especially detailed.  her hands are very plain, not sculpted aggressively but rather to hold the pet she has.  The Fixer figure is really nice though, I like them equally. 

Having to get them and pay shipping atop the price they cost KIND of bites, but I'm happy just to get them.  If comics keep coming out with good stuff, at relatively good prices, but only online (and thus you eat shipping), I'm happy to see them come out at a trickle.

The elaborate packaging is completely unnecessary to me though.  I'd 100% be happy if they ditched that stuff to save a couple bucks on the set's prices.  It's not like this stuff is really commemorating anything special.  It felt almost goofy with the Maul/Owen set even.

Both Owen/Maul and Camie/Fixer made me wish for Biggs from the comic before he goes away to the Academy, and the "in between" Obi-Wan from the Maul/Owen set that has him looking older but in his ROTS robes. 

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2010, 09:13 AM »

My order shipped 8/12 and I am STILL waiting. Last time it made it here from RI in about 2 days. I think there is some kind of problem going on if everyone is experiencing these delays.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2010, 09:54 AM »
FedEx sucks! They have my package within five miles of my house and refuse to deliver it for another two days. At least the USPS doesn't sit on things just to meet their shipping speeds.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Got mine (and my bounty hunters) yesterday.  They came in this ridiculously huge box two times too big for what was inside.  Love the figures, though.  For someone with high nostalgia right now for that period of the OT, they're fun.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 10:52 AM »
The elaborate packaging is completely unnecessary to me though.  I'd 100% be happy if they ditched that stuff to save a couple bucks on the set's prices.  It's not like this stuff is really commemorating anything special.  It felt almost goofy with the Maul/Owen set even.

I agree.  I'm a carded/boxed collector and I could care less for the fancy packaging....Just going to take up more room.  It is nice though, but ya - no thanks Hasbro.

Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2010, 12:47 PM »
For me, all that stuff is going into the recycle bin and the two figures are going on a shelf. I believe the packaging is most of the cost.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2010, 04:21 PM »
I agree - I think the overblown packaging for the Maul/Owen and Cammie/Fixer sets borders on the ridiculous.

I didn't feel that these were over-priced though considering that they were exclusive comic packs as opposed to mass released ones.

I keep a lot of my packaging for the stuff I open and right now the Maul/Owen box is keeping the cardbacks from all of the comic packs I opened during the entire run of that sub-line. I'm gonna use the Cammie/Fixer box to store the comics. I figured that's as good a use as any for the boxes.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!