Author Topic: 2010 Disney Star Tours Box Set  (Read 62391 times)

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Disney Star Tours Box Set
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2010, 09:01 AM »
Yeah with as much as I have been clamoring about about how badly I wanted Teek you would think I would have bought one - I passed and am holding off for the retail set.  $18 is a lot for one figure - I can wait.

One thing I am curious about though is how does one acquire one of these sets other than taking a trip down to Florida?  Other than of course a fellow collector grabbing for others, are there web sites that typically will also sell these sets?

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2010, 09:17 AM »
also, I was just doing some comparisons between the photos of Kaink and Teek.  Judging by the lettering behind them and their relative positions it looks as if Teek is a bit taller than Kaink.  So, his height may be off quite a bit.  From what I recall in the movies he was just a bit taller than Wicket, and the pics I am finding on the net pretty much confirm that.

So, Teek may tower over any upcomming Wicket.  Kaink appears to utilize the same mold and head sculpt of Keoulkeech (Graak body) from the WM comic pack from what i can tell.

However it shakes out I will definitely be getting one - just thought I would share what I am seeing.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2010, 09:31 AM »

One thing I am curious about though is how does one acquire one of these sets other than taking a trip down to Florida?  Other than of course a fellow collector grabbing for others, are there web sites that typically will also sell these sets?

Send me a PM and I'll pick you up a set. I'm typically at Disneyland twice a month. Just remember that if you have me pick it up, you must take it. I can't return these things.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2010, 09:41 AM »
are there web sites that typically will also sell these sets?

eBay.
I have actually got a great deal on last years set and the Cantina sound bases off eBay. If Master P can hook you up that's even better.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2010, 09:42 AM »
Well Teek was super fast in that show so it makes sense he would sell out quickly!   It's a pretty decent looking Teek figure at that.  I will probably pass on it but it's cool that they finally made a figure of him.  

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2010, 10:14 AM »
Wow...I had to google Teek.  Looked familiar, but totally forgot who he was.  I'll probably pick this set up now.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2010, 10:17 AM »

Send me a PM and I'll pick you up a set. I'm typically at Disneyland twice a month. Just remember that if you have me pick it up, you must take it. I can't return these things.

Master_Phruby - that rocks - I will be all over that and you will get a lightning fast payment from me when these start hitting.  Thanks for being so willing to help - I really appreciate it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2010, 09:07 AM »
Good outlet for these figures. Not that interested in them, but I'll pick 'em up for sure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2010, 09:26 PM »
The Endor Express has a picture of the boxed version of the Star Tours Boarding Party. It includes the Officer, Teek, Kaink (with hood), Ree-Yees (with Camera) and Chewbacca.

Follow the link for details:

http://www.endorexpress.net/2010/02/boarding-party-details/

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2010, 09:31 PM »
Phurby - can you help me out as well?  I want this set!

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2010, 09:52 PM »
PM me and I'll put you on the list. Remember, your comitting if I pick it up for you.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2010, 04:40 AM »
This has sadly gone down the list of wants for me...  Teek and "Taint" ar eok, but Teek's not a real priority for me I guess.  I'm more interested in the goofy hood on "Taint".  I could whip up my own fuzzy cloth hood for "Taint" though. :)

It actually caught a couple of us off-guard when photographing the Ewok that this hat was cloth and not a sculpted piece.  That's what happens when you're focused on other stuff. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2010, 02:28 PM »
I just got the Star Tours Crew Dude, Teek, and Kaink (sans hood) in the mail from eBay.

- The Star Tours guy has a shoulder tampo but either my sample is incomplete or it's just cruddy. There is a lot of very subtle deco-- so subtle you can't really see it in the photos, like little red lines indicating an opening on his shirt pockets.  I kinda wish I had a Starspeeder for him to sit around in.

- Teek is smaller than expected and has tiny, tiny, tiny hands. Decent sculpt, articulated (but non-ball jointed) ankles, swivel wrists, etc.  He's probably going to be good enough for the Teek faithful, I'm pretty happy with him.

- Kaink (without hood) is an Ewok. Without a hood.  Her eyes seem to be painted to be more in line with the look of the telefilms, brown with a black dot in the middle.

Also got Kota's Militia in this shipment, which is pretty swell overall.  He has removable shoulder armor, which is unexpected. I think it's for articulation reasons, because otherwise it seems kinda annoying.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2010, 03:28 PM »
I missed out on the Teek as he sold out when I got the info. This set is going to be a real pain to get and expensive to boot as I will have to get it off ebay unless Mr.Tungohri restocks. I really do not get why they bothered to tool up a three eyed very dated bulky 80's style camera for Ree-Yees when they should have either tooled up a hood/coat combo for Kaink or her staff instead. It's still cool we are getting Teek and another Ewok.

(I also did not get why last years set used the Tattooine ani body for the older Padawan when they have the EP1 Jedi Anakin Body that would have been much better to use.)

On another note I also picked up 5 Kota Troopers, I really dig them and gave them some less cumbersome weapons.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2010, 08:19 PM »
I just got the Star Tours Crew Dude, Teek, and Kaink (sans hood) in the mail from eBay.

- The Star Tours guy has a shoulder tampo but either my sample is incomplete or it's just cruddy. There is a lot of very subtle deco-- so subtle you can't really see it in the photos, like little red lines indicating an opening on his shirt pockets.  I kinda wish I had a Starspeeder for him to sit around in.

Got mine also. The Star Tours logo is pretty cruddy. This guy is so bad that my Star Wars obsessed three year old won't touch him!

"Give me some sugar baby!"
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 08:49 PM by Master_Phruby »