Author Topic: 2010 Disney Star Tours Box Set  (Read 62393 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Disney Star Tours Box Set
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2010, 09:10 PM »
Looks like a very lame repaint.  Hopefully the ST logo shows up better on the final version?  Blah...I don't really care though.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2010, 09:20 PM »
I think I'm pretty set on NOT wanting this set.

Ironically I probalby only want the Ewok "Taint" or whatever his name is.

Teek's never been interesting to me, and god knows the other figures blow so I'm easily walking away from this one right now.  I was tempted for Teek and Taint there briefly but I'm finding it easier and easier to say "no" to stuff like that these days.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2010, 10:03 AM »
/agreed

The more I think about this set the more I see it as a slap in the face.  Certain collectors have been wanting Teek for sooooooooooooooooooo long, self included, and now, from what I understand, I will be paying $40 plus tax and shipping if I decide I want to get him via buying the whole set route...

Clown imp trooper - no thanks

ancient Chewbacca - I might be able to sell him at a garage sale for 50 cents

ree-yees - again, ancient figure - but at the same time I don't have him so I am not too hurt by this - but then again, I bet I can pick him up loose mint from someone on the interwebs for $2   and ooo he comes with a unique camera......

Kaink - I woulda loved this figure - it is a slap in the face to me as a collector that Hasbro skimped out so much on her.  Cloth hood - she'll stand out like a sore thumb from the rest of the Ewoks - no staff?!?!?!  Her staff and her unique outfit was what made her.  It makes me worry what the hell hasbro will **** up when they do get around to finally do Chukha-Trok.

But watch, this set will fail due to the incredibly horrible price and sub par figure selection - Hasbro will claim there is no market for Chukha-Trok - and they won't do him....   >:(

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2010, 10:28 AM »
Isn't this set an exclusive to the Disney parks?  If you've been to any of the parks lately and seen the stuff that sells, to Parents and kids, you'd probably be shocked.  I get that we're all collectors here, but this set isn't aimed at us.  This is aimed at the folks who are slightly sunburned, have been eating soft-pretzels and ice-cream all day and are tired of Johnny asking if he can get "this" everytime they go by a souvenir stand.
I am not the Stig

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2010, 10:31 AM »
I would agree with you about this set and the intentions as you describe if it didn't have Teek in it.  When else do you think Hasbro is going to pack Teek in a set?

Hasbro knows they have some collectors buy the balls on this one. 

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2010, 02:27 PM »
The things you can buy at Disneyland's Star Trader include:

- Hot wheels cars that look like star wars characters - ie. vadercar
- Disney characters dressed up as star wars characters - figures, bobbleheads, shirts, etc.
- Muppet characters dressed up as star wars characters
- Deformed star wars characters dressed up as star wars characters
- old mid size star wars vehicles
- glasses and mugs
- a wall full of legends Sasseee figures. No other figures but this one.
- build lightsaber sets
- backpacks.
- expensive statues
- jedi academy six pack.

I'd say this fits in perfectly.

I've see people all the time drop $30 to "build a custom lightsaber" when they can buy the entire set of interchangable pieces for the same price at walmart for less.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2010, 03:06 PM »
I think it's a matter of Hasbro knowing they have collectors by the balls, and of course knowing this will sell like everyone's mentioned.  The Disney Park stuff moves to the kids wanting souveniers and this will too.  I'm pretty set now on not getting one myself.  I just can't see me caring about Teek or Taint that much.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2010, 03:08 PM »

- jedi academy six pack.

Aren't there only 5 figures in this set?   ???
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2010, 03:38 PM »

- jedi academy six pack.

One of the Padawans has a split personality.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2010, 03:47 PM »

- jedi academy six pack.

One of the Padawans has a split personality.

"Hasbro was hoping you wouldn't notice" would also have been an acceptable answer.
I am not the Stig

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2010, 11:08 PM »
"Hasbro was hoping you wouldn't notice" would also have been an acceptable answer.

LOL!  That sounds about right...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2010, 09:18 AM »
Maybe they will put the figures in a box with a mirror background. That way three will look like six.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2010, 09:27 AM »
I think it's a matter of Hasbro knowing they have collectors by the balls, and of course knowing this will sell like everyone's mentioned.  The Disney Park stuff moves to the kids wanting souveniers and this will too.  I'm pretty set now on not getting one myself.  I just can't see me caring about Teek or Taint that much.

while this is a "souvenier set", you gotta remember this is also a "goodbye set" - and in that sense it has more of a collector nod to it.  This set is coming out in the end of May iirc, and and Star Tours is supposedly closing down for its upcoming re-vamp in October - and then will not be re-opening until 2011.  If the kiddies/collectors don't gobble these up before October (roughly 5 months) - I would think Hasbro/Disney will be sitting on them because the kiddies/parents of kiddies won't buy a $40 souvenier set for an attraction they know nothing about and is now closed if they are "newbies".  

And I am just gonna go ahead and bet right now that Teek nor Kaink won't be in the upcomming attraction, and the clown colored imps won't be there either - nor Ree-Yees.

edit:  just saw that Tunghori has 1 whole set up for auction now - it is already up to $31 plus it is going to cost $20 shipping...  wow - some people REALLY want this whole set!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 10:13 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #73 on: February 26, 2010, 12:55 PM »
while this is a "souvenier set", you gotta remember this is also a "goodbye set" - and in that sense it has more of a collector nod to it.  This set is coming out in the end of May iirc, and and Star Tours is supposedly closing down for its upcoming re-vamp in October - and then will not be re-opening until 2011.  If the kiddies/collectors don't gobble these up before October (roughly 5 months) - I would think Hasbro/Disney will be sitting on them

Well, the set is due to come out at the end of May, just in time for the very popular Star Wars Weekends events at Disney, a time when the park is heavy with SW fans in additon to the normal folks.    AND, before the ride closes in October, you've got SW Celebration 5 in August, bringing another wave of SW fans/collectors to the area. 

Add in the fact that it's limited to 15,000 and will likely be spread around to different places (Disneyland, Disney Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, etc), I really don't think they will have a problem selling them.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2010, 02:33 PM »
I think the repaint of the officer is a pretty good nod to what they were there at Star Tours myself.  I don't really want the set myself.  I don't blame them for not making an all new mold for one of them really.  It's fine for what it is supposed to represent.