Author Topic: 2010 Disney Star Tours Box Set  (Read 62397 times)

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: 2010 Disney Star Tours Box Set
« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2010, 03:57 PM »
I do not think anyone would have liked the officer but I think many of us would have liked the Legacy Scanning Trooper mold instead of a 2001 mold. It would have made this a little bit of an easier pill to swallow. I am getting one despite the flaws, that "Officer" is my "Intergalactic Burger Joint customer Sales Associate".
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2010, 04:14 PM »
I am getting one despite the flaws, that "Officer" is my "Intergalactic Burger Joint customer Sales Associate".

We're definitely going to need pics of that display when it's ready.   :P

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #77 on: March 3, 2010, 02:24 PM »
I am getting one despite the flaws, that "Officer" is my "Intergalactic Burger Joint customer Sales Associate".

We're definitely going to need pics of that display when it's ready.   :P

You can count on it! Plus a special guest star........

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2010, 03:41 PM »
Teek on ebay!

I'm really considering just buying this one, since I don't need the whole box. :P
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2010, 07:36 PM »
I wish the price hadn't been bumped on Teek.  I think the first time around he was cheaper.  For $20 it's almost worth buying the whole set...almost...to get Kaink and the ST crew member also.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2010, 10:02 AM »
they are different sellers - the first time around it was with Tunghori, now its ws_toys.

still not certain which way I wanna go with this set...  Get just Teek for $20, or have phruby nab me one for $40 plus tax and shipping.  That way I will have "Kaink" - which will never see the light of day again - and I get the clown imp (not really wanted - but it will be "unique" in the collection) - and Ree-Yees with camera (meh).

Thinking I am leaning towards phruby.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:06 AM by shmashwitdaclub »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2010, 11:44 AM »
I am going to hold out for the entire set, I do like these Disney sets, last years was very nice. My only complaint with last years they had the opportunity tio reuse the EP1 Jedi Padawan anakin body but for some reason the used the Slave body. It was a good value for the generic Jedi & Padawans to fill out the ranks.

While many are unhappy with the 3 other figures in this years sets 9I do not disagree) to get really obscure characters like Teek are worth it to me at the end of the day. It's not like they are dumping a ton of these types of sets on us. 1-2 a year is cool with me. I hope to see Ackmena in one of these types of box sets one day. I would gladly pay for 4 other figures I already have to get a newly tooled Ackmena figure.

One last thing I will comment on with this set is I think it would have been better to tool Kaink's Staff instead of an 80's style alien camera......

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2010, 01:06 PM »
they are different sellers - the first time around it was with Tunghori, now its ws_toys.

still not certain which way I wanna go with this set...  Get just Teek for $20, or have phruby nab me one for $40 plus tax and shipping.  That way I will have "Kaink" - which will never see the light of day again - and I get the clown imp (not really wanted - but it will be "unique" in the collection) - and Ree-Yees with camera (meh).

Is phruby getting these for people? Man, if so, sign me up for a set of this as well (as the R2-MK set).

Phruby??
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2010, 02:13 PM »
I don't believe these are out yet - but I am pretty sure he has previously said that he would nab it for people that want him to grab it for them when they are released.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2010, 09:20 PM »
I would buy it, but not for 20.00
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 13, 2010, 10:35 PM »

Is phruby getting these for people? Man, if so, sign me up for a set of this as well (as the R2-MK set).

Phruby??

I should be able to do it.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2010, 11:45 AM »

Phruby??

I should be able to do it.

Excellent, oh and payment in full sent for the R2-MK set.  Thanks again!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2010, 09:13 PM »
Ok guys. According to Endor Express.net, the Disney Star Tours passager box set will be available at WDW and Disneyland on May 21st. That gives me a window of May 24-27th to pick up sets for everyone.  After that, I can't get in to Disneyland until August.

Currently, I have Peter_fett and Evenflow down for a set. Anyone else?  PM me so I can keep better track.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2010, 10:42 AM »
Currently the list stands as:

Evenflow -  1 set
Pete_fett - 2 sets
Rob - 1 set
shmashwitdaclub - 1 set and 1 mickey/R2

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2010, 02:20 PM »
Currently the list stands as:

Evenflow -  1 set
Pete_fett - 2 sets
Rob - 1 set
shmashwitdaclub - 1 set and 1 mickey/R2

PM sent!