To answer your questions:
1. What do you do when a newer/better version of a certian figure becomes available? I assume you just replace the inferior version with the better version in your display?
- I will always upgrade with the best version available. Sometimes I make a mod like swapping heads with a better likeness.
- When a better version comes out the old one gets sold, traded or hacked up for custom fodder.
2. Do you buy everything? If a new, nearly identical version of a figure comes out, would you bypass it if you already owned it, or do you buy everything?
- If you are referring to the Legacy/Vintage Movie line line yes. If it's OTC related I buy 100% of the product.
- If you are talking about straight repacks with no upgrades or new deco no. The only way I would if it's to get a new figure.
- If there is a sculpt of deco upgrade absolutely. I want the best representation in my collection.
- Any movie vehicle that was on screen I will buy sometime multiples of them.
- I have been bypassing some items like Shadow Troopers and the way out there Hasbro made up decos like the space Whale ARC.
- I do not buy 90% of the animated line figures, only the occasional one that fits into the real line close enough like IG droids.
- Outside of the Jedi Starfighters & Magna Fighter I am buying the majority of CW vehicles.
3. What do you do when a scene gets too big for the shelf? They are making more cantina aliens and Jabba characters all the time. What happens when they get overcrowded?
- The custom Cantina can hold so many figures it's not an issue.
- The AT-AT shelf will b lowered and the Pilot shelf will be moved to the closet.
- If I like the screen enough I will expand it to two shelves.
- The only shelf that is getting a bit crowded is Jabbas Palace (Which I will be upgrading the artwork shortly. It was rushed).
- If I run out of room some figures will be swapped out based on how much I like them. **** happens.
4. What about small scenes? For instance, the scene where Luke gets his robotic hand? . Would that get a diorama?
- The scene you refer to is too nich for me. I prefer larger scenes with variety of characters.
- For scenes like that I will combines (see the Echo base shelf)
- I am not that a stiff so I will take some liberties.
5. Do you have kids or every play with this stuff? Do they get to play with this stuff? My daughter would love all that!
- I have a 15 month year old Daughter Roxy. She loves astromechs, especially Blue ones. She LOVES Max Rebo too! She is actually very good in the room and does not go Godzilla on the shelves.
6. Why not hang some of the space ships from the ceiling? That would free up some shelves…
- I am 6'5. Not happening.
- One flaw of the room is the ceiling is lower to where I do not have enough space to put ship on top of the 7.5 shelves.
- I will be hanging up the VOTC MOC figures on the entrance walls plus adding another shelf.
- A lot more is coming soon!
7. Do you add scenes INTO ships? For instance, lots of mini-set ups could be inside of the Deathstar, Falcon, or X-14 Nubian…
- Nah, I want them epic in a tasteful way.
8. Where is the Jedi Council? (I've been wanting that meeting room with the 12 chairs...)
- I have it but the diameter is pretty big. I chose to put all of the Jedi on one shelf with the Temple backdrop.
- Once I hang the VOTC figures up it will free up a lot of shelf space so I will be abw to make room for this. Stay tuned!
9. You don't have an extra Lars' house do you? (My kid wants one!)
- I have two. The Dirty and Clean version but they are not for sale. You can actually still finad this at TRU or get it cheap on eBay. It's not in demand.
Keep it up!