Author Topic: JACKOFTRADZE'S Collection 100% COMPLETE OVERHAUL 12/6/10  (Read 17250 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Heh, I like the Santa Kubaz and Pimp Kubaz.

Your display as a whole is excellent.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: JACKOFTRADZE'S Collection(Very pic heavy) HUGE update 12/27/09
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 12:51 AM »
Thanks Sal, I have had more compliments on those two than the whole display. It cracks me up!

Well, I have updated 75% of all of the pictures with a ton of changes/upgrades:

Added the following shelfpaper:
- Completed CW Y-Wing Shelf
- Echo Base interior
- Tie interceptor Space Floor Base
- B-Wing DS2 Battle

Reprinted/Reapplied the following on light adhesive sticker paper with more vibrant colors:
- DS2 Hanger Bay
- Imperial Hanger with AT-ST's (Added the side walls too)
- Wampa Cave, Hoth, Rancor Floor Bases
- Lars Homestead (Removed the Homestead from image too) The close shot needs to be replaced to reflect this.
- Darth Vaders Tie Fighter
- BW tie Fighter (Completed the side walls too)
- Rancor Pitt

I also got some more sweet Colt 45 Vintage art for the Calrissian Custom Corner as well as some close up shots I missed like the Octapurra droid and some others.

As always ask me any questions. I still have to create some floor bases for all of the Y/A-Wing shelves, the Christophis, Droid army and the Obi Starfighter shelves. Once they are complete I will create some cardboard backdrops for the closet hanger bay with some other key upgrades.

Stay tuned!!!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2009, 12:45 AM »
I just don't get tired of looking at your pics. ;)  The lighting in your Cantina is fantastic -- my wife commented on that too. 

Your shelving is great too.  I'm sure you're able to display a lot more stuff by having each diorama fit in an area exactly the size you need and don't have any wasted space.

Offline Graz73

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 8, 2010, 03:42 PM »
Wow, that is amazing!

I came up with some questions:

1. What do you do when a newer/better version of a certian figure becomes available?  I assume you just replace the inferior version with the better version in your display? 

2. Do you buy everything?  If a new, nearly identical version of a figure comes out, would you bypass it if you already owned it, or do you buy everything?

3. What do you do when a scene gets too big for the shelf?  They are making more cantina aliens and Jabba characters all the time.  What happens when they get overcrowded?

4. What about small scenes?  For instance, the scene where Luke gets his robotic hand? .  Would that get a diorama?

5. Do you have kids or every play with this stuff? Do they get to play with this stuff? My daughter would love all that!

6. Why not hang some of the space ships from the ceiling?  That would free up some shelves...

7. Do you add scenes INTO ships? For instance, lots of mini-set ups could be inside of the Deathstar, Falcon, or X-14 Nubian...

8. Where is the Jedi Council? (I've been wanting that meeting room with the 12 chairs...)

9. You don't have an extra Lars' house do you?  (My kid wants one!)

Keep it up!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #19 on: February 9, 2010, 11:32 AM »
Thank you!

To answer your questions:

1. What do you do when a newer/better version of a certian figure becomes available?  I assume you just replace the inferior version with the better version in your display?  
- I will always upgrade with the best version available. Sometimes I make a mod like swapping heads with a better likeness.  
- When a better version comes out the old one gets sold, traded or hacked up for custom fodder.

2. Do you buy everything?  If a new, nearly identical version of a figure comes out, would you bypass it if you already owned it, or do you buy everything?
- If you are referring to the Legacy/Vintage Movie line line yes.  If it's OTC related I buy 100% of the product.
- If you are talking about straight repacks with no upgrades or new deco no. The only way I would if it's to get a new figure.
- If there is a sculpt of deco upgrade absolutely. I want the best representation in my collection.
- Any movie vehicle that was on screen I will buy sometime multiples of them.
- I have been bypassing some items like Shadow Troopers and the way out there Hasbro made up decos like the space Whale ARC.
- I do not buy 90% of the animated line figures, only the occasional one that fits into the real line close enough like IG droids.
- Outside of the Jedi Starfighters & Magna Fighter I am buying the majority of CW vehicles.

3. What do you do when a scene gets too big for the shelf?  They are making more cantina aliens and Jabba characters all the time.  What happens when they get overcrowded?
- The custom Cantina can hold so many figures it's not an issue.
- The AT-AT shelf will b lowered and the Pilot shelf will be moved to the closet.
- If I like the screen enough I will expand it to two shelves.
- The only shelf that is getting a bit crowded is Jabbas Palace (Which I will be upgrading the artwork shortly. It was rushed).
- If I run out of room some figures will be swapped out based on how much I like them. **** happens.

4. What about small scenes?  For instance, the scene where Luke gets his robotic hand? .  Would that get a diorama?
- The scene you refer to is too nich for me. I prefer larger scenes with variety of characters.
- For scenes like that I will combines (see the Echo base shelf)
- I am not that a stiff so I will take some liberties.

5. Do you have kids or every play with this stuff? Do they get to play with this stuff? My daughter would love all that!
- I have a 15 month year old Daughter Roxy. She loves astromechs, especially Blue ones. She LOVES Max Rebo too! She is actually very good in the room and does not go Godzilla on the shelves.

6. Why not hang some of the space ships from the ceiling?  That would free up some shelves…
- I am 6'5. Not happening.
- One flaw of the room is the ceiling is lower to where I do not have enough space to put ship on top of the 7.5 shelves.
- I will be hanging up the VOTC MOC figures on the entrance walls plus adding another shelf.
- A lot more is coming soon!

7. Do you add scenes INTO ships? For instance, lots of mini-set ups could be inside of the Deathstar, Falcon, or X-14 Nubian…
- Nah, I want them epic in a tasteful way.

8. Where is the Jedi Council? (I've been wanting that meeting room with the 12 chairs...)
- I have it but the diameter is pretty big. I chose to put all of the Jedi on one shelf with the Temple backdrop.
- Once I hang the VOTC figures up it will free up a lot of shelf space so I will be abw to make room for this. Stay tuned!

9. You don't have an extra Lars' house do you?  (My kid wants one!)
- I have two. The Dirty and Clean version but they are not for sale. You can actually still finad this at TRU or get it cheap on eBay. It's not in demand.

Keep it up!
-WORD!
« Last Edit: February 9, 2010, 11:33 AM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 01:14 AM »
After a long hiatus I finally have a big update to my collection room!
The following changes have occurred:

- Reshot every picture with my new digital camera.
- Cleaned/rearranged every display.
- Added ANOTHER shelf. (Some open/temp spots are reserved for this years offerings)
- Added all previous VOTC carded figures on the side wall & will expand with new Vintage line.
- Added Colt 45 Signage to the Wall of Lando
- Added Unleashed Poser to the inside of the closet door.
- Added several new figure shelves (EU, Legacy, Senate & McQuarrie).
- Added Senate Rotunda Building Shelfpaper.
- Added Octapurra Battle Shelfpaper.
- Added Senate Rotunda chamber Shelfpaper.
- Added Kamino Shelfpaper.
- Added Endor Moon (3rd Y-wing shelf) Shelfpaper.
- Added BMF Bespin backdrop image.
- Reprinted/Replaced DS2 Interior Shelfpaper.
- Reprinted/Replaced Mando Tatooine Shelfpaper.
- Reprinted/Replaced Jedi Temple Knightfall Shelfpaper.
- Reprinted/Replaced Star Destroyer Interior Shelfpaper.
- Reprinted/Replaced Tie Bomber shelf
- Replaced Death Star prison Interior Shelfpaper.
- Repainted my custom dio on the custom table
- Replaced the Naboo Royal Starship with Command Gunship

More to come. I still have a few Christophis shelves that need to be finished.......
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 05:56 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
I just rehot 75% of all of the shots and here are some of the updates:
- Added new Jabba Palace shelf diorama (Only about 80% done, it needs lights & more details)
- Added tons of new figures, EU wave, TFU sets, Star Tours Landing Party & Mickey R2, Last Comic packs wave, more Troops and so much more!
- More unique bones to the Rancor Pit.
- New EU Imperial Troops shelf.
- Leaves on Tree tops of Ewok Village
- Added more ships in the closet plus upgraded my Gunships with more troops and stored Speeder Bikes. (I will retake those next time)
- Standardized weaponry on troop & main characters. (All of my Chewbaccas now have the Legacy Falcon Pilot Bowcaster with the weathering, & all of my EP2 era clones have upgraded Evo DC-14 Blasters.
- Standardized stand colors on every shelf so each shelf matches.
- BTW: I have to redo the Senate shelfpaper for some reason it came out too short!
- So much more I forgot!

As always any questions or suggestions LMK! I have so many other things to post it made sense to start a blog. I will do an in depth post on the Jabba dio as it progresses to the final stages as well as simple upgrades to enhance your own collection with Little Difference!

Thanks and enjoy!

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
I like how you grouped all the VOTC/VTSC/VTAC figures. It's cool to see the entire lineup!

Something that made me laugh was seeing a customized Dark Jedi/Sith(?) character that you made with the head of a Bellatrix Lestrange action figure from the 'Harry Potter' series. It actually fits quite well in there!

And I barely noticed that Gha Nacht (Trandoshan from TCW) was in your Cantina diorama! Despite being animated, it also fits quite nicely in there.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: JACKOFTRADZE'S Collection 100% COMPLETE OVERHAUL 8/3/10
« Reply #23 on: August 3, 2010, 11:07 AM »
Thank you so much to all of the posters I did not respond to. It's been two months since I updated my collection room pictures and it's long overdue. I reshot every single picture and there are so many changes it's like a new thread. Here are a few of the changes that took place:

- Reprinted/Readjusted Hoth Battle Shelf to accommodate the new AT-AT.
- Reprinted the Tattooine Bounty Hunter Shelf & removed alcove diorama display.
- Replaced Christopsis Cardboard Package Backdrop with a new Printed backdrop.
- Ceated the all new Flying Snowspeeder Assault shelf. (I tried something new by hanging ships within the shelf)
- Began Droid Army Shelfpaper
- Added a ton of figures & vehicles from the Vintage Line. (Jabba/Throne, Jodo Kast, Vintage Wave 1, Retro
4- Lom/Zuckuss, SDCC Owen Lars, Snowspeeder, Cloud Cars, Two AT-AT's, Cad Bane Bike, Aurra Sing.
- Added several older figures/vehicles not previously on display including another Gunship
- Reorganized several shelves including a complete overhaul to the closet Hanger Bay
- Added a ton of carded figures to the wall.
- 501st & Utapau Clone Troopers have had their DC-14 Blasters upgraded to the Evolutions style.
- All Clone Trooper Saga style DC-15 Blaster rifles with the Brown Butt have been replaced with all black versions.

I am finally satisfied with one part of the room and will be printing a few more shelves. I was so happy to phase out the final two cardboard backdrops and will never use them again. I will also be adding another shelf as my room is quickly filling up. This will be the last one I will be able to add as I have no more wall space. I should have it by the next update as well as many more changes. As always.

Your comments are always appreciated and I want to be sure that every time you view this thread or my Blog it's something entirely new!

Michael

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: JACKOFTRADZE'S Collection 100% COMPLETE OVERHAUL 8/3/10
« Reply #24 on: August 3, 2010, 04:37 PM »
You probably get this a lot, but that's an unbelievably impressive collection. Having those background images on the shelves really adds a lot to the display, what are those,  just print outs stuck on?

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: JACKOFTRADZE'S Collection 100% COMPLETE OVERHAUL 10/4/10
« Reply #25 on: October 5, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Updated this pictures with a ton of stuff but I did not include the close ups shots as there are just too many. The can be viewed on my blog if you are interested. Posting all of them bogged down this topic. thanks!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
Re: JACKOFTRADZE'S Collection 100% COMPLETE OVERHAUL 10/4/10
« Reply #26 on: December 6, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Once again I updated my collection room pictures with a ton of stuff. Close ups shots can be viewed on my blog if you are interested. Posting all of them bogged down this topic. As always, thank you!