Author Topic: Hi, im nack5811 and I'm a MOC aholic ;D  (Read 2327 times)

Offline nack5811

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Hi, im nack5811 and I'm a MOC aholic ;D
« on: July 15, 2003, 01:12 PM »
I'm new to these forums.  I have to say that thus far I am very impresses withthe staff, forum members, and site info.  There are some great people here helping me out and I have only been posting forums for... well today.  

A Little bit about me:
Im 23, been supporting myself since I was 16, going to law school (just finished my first year - thank God), I am getting married in 2 1/2 weeks (Aug 2nd) to my lovely fiancee/wife/girlfriend of 7 years (yes- highschool sweethearts), I am a MOC completist purely 3 3/4 inch collector.  But if there is something that blows my socks off I will get it but the price has to be right.  I collect movie posters (because I work at the theaters and because they are fn cool).  I have a pekingese named Fuzz and many fish and a turtle ;D . Not that you needed to know but hey that is what this for is for.  

I look forward to posting regularly and hopefully making many trades when I can.  

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, im nack5811 and I'm a MOC aholic ;D
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 01:22 PM »
to JediDefender nack5811! The place where evryone knows your name.  ;)

A pet turtle!  8)   I had 2 Red-eared turtles when I was a child. Bought them for a buck each. We can't have them for pets anymore.  :'(

Congrats on getting married.  8)
Enjoy & have fun!

Offline nack5811

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2003, 01:30 PM »
Thank you DSJ™.  I had two red eared sliders. I got them from Chinatown NYC for 10 bucks which included the turtles food and a small tank.  We named them Dip and Dot but dot never made it past the first couple of months.  But Dip is going strong 1+ years now.  sorry to hear you can't have them as pets.  Buy why just out of curiosity/  I know some places have banne dthem as pets is this why?  

well, thank you for the welcom and best wishes.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2003, 01:46 PM »
Back in th 70's, Canada past a law that made it illegal for pet shops to sell them if their carapace is 4" or less. Salmonella is what they were worried about. Less likely for children to purchase larger turtles & less likely for them to handle them.

If I ever have the chance to have them here again, I would just go nuts & buy them all. Turtles were the first pets I owned.  8)

Offline nack5811

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2003, 02:02 PM »
I think that is the law just about everywhere now.  I of course did the NYorker thing and bought ones that were only about a 50cent piece (a loonie size for you'll in Canada).  Yes it is illegal.  No I didn't get Salmonella.  Yes you can still get them in NYC in Chinatown anytime in the summer.  they even give you a case to bring htem home in.  so do you want to take a little road trip to NYC.  But, Oh please don't turn me in  ;D.  

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2003, 02:05 PM »
Welcome nack5811, very glad you have decided to join us and feel free to let us know if you have any problems, questions, concerns, comments etc.  ENJOY yourself and hope you have a good time joining in on the fun!

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 02:09 PM »
Welcome To JediDefender.com! Glad to have you here!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2003, 02:11 PM »
Welcome to JD "nack" (I'd use a real name if ya' gave it to us  ;)).  I'm sure you'll dig the small town, friendly vibe we've got going on here at JD.  Great bunch of folks, so hopefully you enjoy yourself here!  Don't hesitate to drop any of the staff a line if you've got any comments, questions, or suggestions about JediDefender.

I'm sure you'll fit right in if you're a MOMC carded completist.  Whole lotta those roaming these parts!  Congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals as well (and the illegal pet turtles)!  So kick off you shoes (unless your feet stink), and enjoy JD!   8)

- Matt

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2003, 03:31 PM »
I already welcomed you once nack5811, but I will be more than happy to welcome you again!  Nice to have you here, and we're all here to help you out.  Hope you enjoy our site.   ;D
dustrho

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2003, 08:10 PM »
Welcome to JD nack!  I'm sure you'll love it here.  Some really nice, knowledgeable, and helpful people around here.  Hope to see you around alot more!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2003, 01:06 AM »
Greetings nack.  As a reformed (mostly ) MOCer, I can relate.  Easier to have more when they ain't carded ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.