Author Topic: Bespin Cloud Car  (Read 38964 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Cloud Car 2010 (RUMOR)
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2009, 09:00 AM »
I'm sure all of the new vehicles shown will be in the mid-sized assortment.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Cloud Car 2010 (RUMOR)
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2009, 12:17 AM »
CONFIRMED for the mid-size vehicle line, Fall 2010.  :)

1. Things have been awfully quiet on the mid-sized vehicle line. We got a couple of great new additions this past summer (still loving the Droid Tank), but nothing since then. Any chance that you can spot us a couple of hints on upcoming starfighters/ships we'll see on the shelves this Spring?

** Unfortunately, there won't be any new ones this Spring. The Starfighters are doing well, but the new wave that was planned for Spring won't make it out at this point and has been pushed out to Fall '10. When the new assortment starts up, it will be chock full of newness. We can confirm that both the new Snowspeeder and a new Cloud Car will be in the line. Stay tuned for official looks at this at Toy Fair.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: New Legacy Cloud Car - confirmed for Fall 2010!
« Reply #32 on: January 2, 2010, 01:56 AM »
More new pictures of this item...  This time a little more clear and detailed, showing what appears to maybe be opening panels.

Clicky to check 'em out!

There's a LOT going on with that Cloud Car sculpt...   :o  It's like a Road Warrior version of a Cloud Car.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 2, 2010, 11:14 AM »
Yeah... Darryl and his "aggressive" mandate  >:(.  The tall cockpit hatches look good though.  I'm peeved that the engine grille has been ruined with missiles and a separating feature.  I think I'll skip this one in favor of my vintage slight custom.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 2, 2010, 02:19 PM »
I don't care for the missiles in the center section but the rest seem like they'll be okay.  If I get one I'll just leave those missiles out of the center.  One thing that that will piss me off, though, is if after all the screaming for a new CC, people pass on this.  You can get a vintave one for $20 or less shipped most of the time.

I think people just ask for new because they're consumers more than collectors and want that fix of buying something at Target or Walmart rather than working to add something by shopping eBay or whatever.  But that's one of my pet peeves and a rant for another day.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 2, 2010, 02:40 PM »
Well, if it was actually a Cloud Car, and not a Cloud Aggressor, I'd absolutely buy one.  I don't remember missiles coming out of every section of the vehicle.  This looks like a Transformer! 
Greg Reeves

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: January 2, 2010, 03:15 PM »
I'll just leave the missles out, basically.  Scale between the vintage and this one looks about the same...  The gear on this one leaves the vehicle lower, and isn't as large/bulky (IE: more realistic) so I'm liking that.  I don't care for all the weaponry either though for sure. 

I just plan to leave it all off the vehicle though.  I'm just glad they're actually doing one.  The cockpit looks fantastic, lots of detailing...  I'm pretty happy to get it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #37 on: January 2, 2010, 04:01 PM »
I like it.  Especially the way most of the weapons can be "hidden" like Grievous' fighter or even the other Jedi Starfighters.  It will look close to the film versions and still have some play value.

Now we'll just need pilots for it.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 2, 2010, 08:44 PM »
Liking the new pics.  I didn't see "the hood" on the Cloud Car pods in the previous photos, but it's clear in these.  I wonder if it'll be some kind of engine compartment or some kind of storage.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: January 2, 2010, 08:49 PM »
I like it.  Especially the way most of the weapons can be "hidden" like Grievous' fighter or even the other Jedi Starfighters.  It will look close to the film versions and still have some play value.

Now we'll just need pilots for it.   :D

;)

"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #40 on: January 3, 2010, 01:53 AM »
I already have one of those dumbass!   :D

I'm also hoping for at least a re-release of the figure.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #41 on: January 3, 2010, 03:31 PM »
Well, if it was actually a Cloud Car, and not a Cloud Aggressor, I'd absolutely buy one.  I don't remember missiles coming out of every section of the vehicle.  This looks like a Transformer! 

Shoot, they cold call it the "Super-Duper Cloud Messer-Upper", and I'd buy it.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 3, 2010, 08:08 PM »
By the way, the "Aggressor" name was mine, not an actual Hasbro name  ;).  I called it that due to the number of places weapons have been placed on a relatively weapon-moderate vehicle.  But I should reserve judgment for final pics with everything hidden and removed.  My problem is that they think "kids" will only buy aggressive weapons-heavy vehicles, but I think kids aren't going to be interested in this at all.  This is a vehicle for us, the older collectors.  If they send 2-4 of these to each store, it should sell off pretty well (assuming there are at least that many collectors in a given average city).  But bombard stores with tons, and they're going to sit.
Greg Reeves

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: January 3, 2010, 11:35 PM »
I agree, I don't think kids are real interested in this at all Greg.  They could add a tactical nuke to it, and short of packing in a Clone I'm not sure kids will give a care on this one.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 4, 2010, 12:50 PM »
All I know is that I'm BUYING this one. I need 2-3 of them. I don't mind the extras, so long as they are concealable. I actually LOVE the idea of the pods being able to break apart.

I hope this is a $20 ship and no more. If so as mentioned I'll happily buy 2-3 of them. If it's $25, then only two. Any higher and it will be a one shot purchase for me. I can't justify anything more than $25 for this. And Hasbro won't convince me otherwise. Much as I'm looking forward to it, doesn't mean I need to pay through the teeth to have it.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010