Author Topic: Bespin Cloud Car  (Read 38946 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: New Legacy Cloud Car - confirmed for Fall 2010!
« Reply #45 on: January 4, 2010, 01:01 PM »
I hope this is a $20 ship and no more. If so as mentioned I'll happily buy 2-3 of them. If it's $25, then only two.

Hasbro has confirmed this will be in the regular starfighter assortment, so you can expect to pay in the $20-25 range (unless, of course, we get more price hikes next summer  :P).

CONFIRMED for the mid-size vehicle line, Fall 2010.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 4, 2010, 05:23 PM »
Ah, good to know, thanks for reporting that.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2010, 02:30 PM »
JediNews has great boxed and loose shots for the Bespin Cloud Car shown at UK Toy Fair
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2010, 02:35 PM »
I dig it.  Not sure if I like the vehicle or the packaging more though.   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2010, 04:02 PM »
I like it a whole lot as well...  Lots of detailing, the weapons appear to hide really well.  I'm down for two I think, and they'll really spruce up a Bespin section of the display I think by hanging above the carbon freeze chamber.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2010, 04:41 PM »
That site must be getting hammered.  I can't get through.  Reminds me of the late 90s.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2010, 05:31 PM »
I really like this as well.  I'm still sort of surprised we're getting it, and an all-new sculpt at that.  I'm probably down for two of these as well.  It is really shaping up to be a good year so far from the looks of things, but another long wait it seems.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2010, 06:16 PM »
Definitely 2 for me if the price is right.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2010, 07:29 PM »
Definitely 2 for me if the price is right.

Should be at the assault vehicle price point so ya...I've got two on my list as well.  I have a vintage Rebel Transport, but I've always been too lazy to track down the Cloud Car so this is just groovy!   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline drewlam

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2010, 03:36 PM »
I had told myself that I was done with SW ships, but this is one I had as a kid and I've been pining for a new one since the line was restarted in, what was it, 95?  96?  Hopefully it makes it to my neck of the woods.

Offline tmanthegreat

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2010, 03:46 PM »
The Cloud Car looks fantastic 8)

I thought I'd call it quits with the AT-ST, but the new Cloud Car (and Snowspeeder) have be back in the game.  I like all the features and the realistic looks.  Too bad we have to wait until the fall again, but at lest they are confirmed!
Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it binds the galaxy together ;D

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2010, 09:49 AM »
I'm really excited about this, and hats off to Hasbro for making the toy more exciting.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Bespin Cloud Car
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2010, 04:29 AM »
This thing is INSANE, and if you haven't checked out our Hasbro galleries on the front page, you should check it out for the details.

I was simply floored by the Cloud Car.  I wasn't that big into it, but was happy to nab a couple I figured.  Silly me, this thing is a work of art.  Maybe one of the best vehicles in this range they've ever done.  I was really that amazed at the detail.  I liked the opening hood for engine detail.  Nothing but simply engine detail...  No guns, nothing spiffy like rockets.  Just opening hoods to show its engine off.

The cockpit had a really loaded detail and paint aps to boot...  This one, despite the weaponry, was made for collectors largely.  People really should be excited about it.  I'm up to 3 now that I want.  I really hope for a McQuarrie repaint too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 2, 2010, 05:14 AM »
I'm really hoping the OTC Pilots are going to fit in this. I picked up a couple of them, in the vain hope they would one day release a cloud car, it would be good to see that long term purchase pay off!  They've mainly been standing around chewing the fat with each other for the last four years, but for some reason they also look really cool having their clocks cleaned by Bossk.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: March 2, 2010, 03:27 PM »
I'm sure they'll fit, but I think their holster will make them look like they're sitting on a constanza.