Author Topic: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder  (Read 67534 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Skywalker's Snowspeeder
« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2010, 05:21 PM »
I know most of you guys are openers, but are any of you planning on picking up the various vinty packaging releases of these vehicles to keep sealed - or just to have the box (with vehicle of course)?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2010, 07:28 PM »
I'm not sure yet.  I know I'm definitely buying the vintage packaging, unless it ends being more money.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2010, 07:31 PM »
I was sold on it seeing it at Toy Fair.  It's a thing of beauty.  The details Hasbro's capable of these days are really improved compared to the vintage mold.  The recessed panel lines are some of my favorite aspects of the craft.  The cockpit interior detailing though was icing on the cake, especially the quilted cockpit lid.  I loved it.

I still can't get over the cool detailing Hasbro added with the actual aurabesh text on the panels and whatnot.  :)  Pretty neat stuff.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Definitely one of the things I'm looking forward to the most this year as well.  Next to the Falcon, this was my favorite ship as a kid, and that has carried over to today.  I'm looking forward to picking up a few.  As far the vintage packaging variant, I'll admit I'm tempted.  I rarely keep things in package, aside from the VOTC/VTSC figures and a side collection Han and Chewies, but with the vintage packaging I might be swayed.  I don't know if I could grab another AT-AT just for that, but maybe a Snowspeeder.  We'll see.  If I have the choice, I'll definitely try to pick up a Snowspeeder in the vintage packaging, at least to keep the box (and not necessarily keep "in box").  I almost wish they would just do all the vehicles in the vinty-style packaging, not that the new blue CW stuff is all that bad either.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2010, 11:55 AM »
Are there any pictures or descriptions of the vintage styled vehicle packaging? 

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2010, 07:00 PM »
Are there any pictures or descriptions of the vintage styled vehicle packaging? 

Not yet.  Hasbro said that they would be revealing imagery of the vintage style packaging in an upcoming Star Wars Insider.  That article should be in Insider #118 which should be on newstands next month.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 28, 2010, 04:23 AM »
I picked this up on friday, in a UK Toys R Us and I'm really pleased with it.  The sculpt is really clean, and the transparency of the windows is really good, giving a nice view of your pilots inside.

The two sets of weapons are easy to swap out.

The cockpit is really cool, and I don't know whether it's on purpose, but there's a spot where Luke's grapple gun can fit.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2010, 03:58 PM »
That's gotta be on purpose, thanks for sharing that snivit with us BUtP.  Kind of neat to know.  He does rifle around for it in there anyway, so it makes sense to make a home for it in the cockpit.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2010, 05:59 PM »
The cockpit is really cool, and I don't know whether it's on purpose, but there's a spot where Luke's grapple gun can fit.

I love it when they do stuff like this.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Blaster under the pillow

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 29, 2010, 03:27 AM »
That's gotta be on purpose, thanks for sharing that snivit with us BUtP.  Kind of neat to know.  He does rifle around for it in there anyway, so it makes sense to make a home for it in the cockpit.

My sister always thought he was trying to drag Dak out!

You clip the end of the strap to the side of the gun and then put it in business end first (minus the hook). I suppose it could always be a cup holder in case they stop for a slush puppy...

It's really easy to get Dak's hands on the controls, but getting the sticker on the gunning console was like trying to pull the ears off a gundark.

Sorry I don't have pictures, I'm having camera issues.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 29, 2010, 12:04 PM »
Check this out (not my pic):

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 29, 2010, 12:52 PM »
That's a more considerable size reduction than first glance gives; combine it with replacing the harpoon and guns with the smaller non-firing versions (and a bigger AT-AT to battle) and it will look much more screen accurate!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Yup.  Just look at how big the AT-ATs feet are compared to the new Speeder.  Not sure if that's the right scale or not, but works for me  8)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 29, 2010, 02:00 PM »
I should be getting this ship tomorrow from TRU.com. Normally I don't get too excited about OT ships, but this one seems really cool. It will be nice to have a Rebellion ground unit.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #119 on: June 29, 2010, 04:32 PM »
That's a more considerable size reduction than first glance gives; combine it with replacing the harpoon and guns with the smaller non-firing versions (and a bigger AT-AT to battle) and it will look much more screen accurate!

And you didn't trust me when I posted those early images Greg!  :)  Stick with me man, I'll take ya places.

Err, well, at least I'll help with ship scale.

I think some people were thinking it'd be like the size of the landspeeder, which is diminutive and probably the lifesize props are definitely smaller than the models generally, but the model was smaller too, and that is one hell of a match to the models at the very least.

Thanks for that comparison shot!

I'm having a toy orgasm.  I want many Snowspeeders.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 05:00 PM by Jesse James »